Wondering
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Arx Fatalis

Author Thread
Lady_J
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Wondering

I just finished playing the game for the 1st time....wondering how in the hell you can get nough experience to get to level 10?? I made it to level 9...I completed most side missions......is it really possilbe to get to level 10 without killing everything in sight....
Just wondering before I embark upon my quest for a second time...
Post Thu Sep 11, 2003 6:35 pm
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Wondering

I answered this in the Chicken Potion thread, so I'll leave others to add.
Mark Twain
Post Thu Sep 11, 2003 10:04 pm
Clawmaster
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Wondering

I just finished my 2nd game and this time I made it to level 10! I built a thief/mage type...87 in casting, 70 in stealth with the stealth armor, and a big 104 in technical. I did all the side quests...I don't think I got any XP for robbing the bank though I did it successfully...I was at the point where Akbaa's door was open and I still needed around 12000 XP.Picking locks is how I did it. Actually just one lock. I was a pack rat...saved all my stuff in my quarters. I accumulated 24 lock picks in my game (using them sparingly)Before I went to the final battle I went to my quarters,loaded up all the lockpicks and went back down to akbaa's level and there is a chest there in the room that had some magical plate armor and I think a 2 handed axe in it originally. This room also has an anvil in it for those who like to self repair their wares. The key for this chest was on one of the akbaa priests in the smithy on the way in.Any way, this chest gave me 150 XP when picking it..don't know if thats more or less than the other "pickable" locks in the game but if you RE-LOCK THE CHEST WITH THE KEY you can pick it again and again for more XP until you've damaged all of your tools.I cast bless which gave me 119 technical and it unlocked nearly every time, and I only used like 12 of my 24 sets of lockpicks and LEVELED UP to 10!!! So it can be done with a bit of really fast double clicking and high technical+ bless. I broke a lot more tools without bless than I did with it. I know it works.Oh,and hold a garlic enchanted sword for the +2 dex..it helps. Save those lockpicks.
Post Fri Sep 12, 2003 4:22 am
Lady_J
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Wondering

Very nice!! thank you soooo much for that tidbit! I am looking forward to playing again. The further along I got in the game, I realized that I should of put my points in other place, but I was thankful that my fireballs could kill anything around me....and I killed Akbaa on the first try~ I didn't download the patch till almost the end.....so I have a feeling that things will be a bit different next time around!
Post Fri Sep 12, 2003 1:54 pm