Usergroups
Voice actors in Gothic 3
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
Whailor
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

Milten's voice actor is good too. He fits well into many roles, especially nicely was done the Dar's voice acting. He sounds there just like some junky, who had too much swampweed, but still tries to sound 'cool'.

As for the general voice acting, I don't mind 'southern' voices or spelling, as that sounds different enough. But personally I think that the northern US english spelling shouldn't be used. It's just too "new language" to use in 'old time fantasy' games, so to say. For example, if you played Baldur's Gate 2, then even right in start, in one spot, where Imoen speaks about one room in starting dungeon - dang, that total northern US english accent in that spot simply cut into the ear, it was soo out of proportion at that spot, at that time.

Doesn't have to be, of course, plain UK english either. I think that some international one, a mix of both, will be good. But you can trust me on one thing - you definately do NOT want to hear Indian english in the game. I can never understand them even in real life, when I have to speak with them, for crying out loud I always tell them, quickly, before the conversation starts: "Is it possible for you to e-mail me what you just were about to say?" heheh...
Post Sat Aug 21, 2004 11:58 am
titus
Survivor of Hell
Survivor of Hell

hero his voice: great
Xardas : superb
the dragons: they need a more mustical voice like the seekers, something old or so, like draco in Dragonheart (sean connery or the voice ofChristopher lambert, or someones who sounds like them )
Post Sat Aug 21, 2004 4:30 pm
Erezike
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I see where i am wrong, you cant make a case without examples. it just that i am used to good spooky voices for the bad guys, or heroic for the good.
(Will be edited in the future with example, once i finish my search. The dragons were just that bad.)
And throw away the key.
Post Sun Aug 22, 2004 8:15 am

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3