Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
When should I pray to statues and donate to Daron?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Locutus
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

When should I pray to statues and donate to Daron?

You can train Strength and Dexterity to 100. You can then use potions, herbs, amulets, and rings to raise them above 100. What about donating money to Daron (the mage who sounds like a tv preacher) and praying to the statues? Will those raise stats above 100? Thanks.
Post Wed Jan 11, 2006 9:28 am
Gotit
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

In fact you can train Str, mana and probably dex much above 100, not sure that some trainer has a limit.

Yes praying could raise stat above 100.

Only weapons skills cannot be trained above 100. Some notes:
- Take care to disarm a weapon before training weapon, I noticed a trainer who say the limit is reach but that was because of the weapon worn added wapon skills.
- For 2H and 1H there's a trick, train only one and the weaker will be automatically trained to have a difference of 30 only (like 62 32). That even works if you used powerup for the higher skill, at next train of this higher skill, you'll get a free big training improve of the lower skill to make it exactely 30 less. That's a cool trick if you want be high skilled in both 2H and 1H at end of the game.

For praying to the Innos priest, for me it seems to be always the same series, that you are novice or in a guild or in another doesn't change anything. It's only once per day and 100 gold. Once you have gave over 1k it's finish.

For praying to shrines, it's not fully clear for me so I let someone else answer for details but from what I know:
- Once you are in a guild there's a series of 20 pray depending of the guild you are.
- After that series it's unlimited praying once per day, giving +3 life for 100 or +2 for 50 or +1 for 10. This is for Innos shrines.
- Before you are in a guild, I dunno, I suspect it's unlimited and random but not sure at all.

For praying to the Adanos Priest, no clue, I dunno. Once I suspected a regeneration of some grass but I doubt it's true.
Post Wed Jan 11, 2006 1:39 pm
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

In G2 the limit is 100 for strength and dexterity and 250 for mana.
In NotR the limit is 200 for strength and dexterity and 300 for mana.

Be careful with the Fire Mage Daron!
As a novice you can't gain bonusses from him, because he will say that you have already donated enough by going into the Monastery. So if you want those bonusses as a novice you'll have to get them before entering the Monastery.

Adanos doesn't give you any bonusses.

Last edited by Sem on Wed Jan 11, 2006 2:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Wed Jan 11, 2006 2:29 pm
Gotit
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

What bonusses? Even if you are mercenary when you go over the limit of 1K you get +5 mana for, no need to be a novice, a mage or anything. There's something else?
Post Wed Jan 11, 2006 2:37 pm
Uriziel
Grand Mage
Grand Mage

You should only donate 50 each time to Darion, not 100
Pray and give 100 to Innos statues

To answer the actual question.....If you have never prayed at Innos to up your mana(for example) but have trained it to the trainable limit.......I have no idea if starting to pray at the statue would ever give mana. Frankly, I don't think anyone will know. Training mana to max and then using tablets, potions, mushrooms, and praying would be.......well.......TOUGH if not impossible. I think the same would apply for str or dex.

My guess is that no one has ever tried it, or ever will. That would be a major major headache in Notr.

Edit: If you are simply curious to see if it would work, become a mage and use cheats to get the LP, then max train mana(ending with PyroKar). Then go pray and see if you get mana.

Peter: I'll tell you what it's not for, son. And when I do, you'll understand why I can never go back to Sea World.
Post Wed Jan 11, 2006 4:12 pm
Holywhippet
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

My experience is this - donate to Darron for 50 each time until he won't accept any more. You can do this all at once if you want. Generally the first donation I give to him is in order to get his blessing so as to get the approval of the carpenter. I usually get nothing for that blessing but it occurs to me I could get the blessing of the mage just down the road from the monastary.

As for the Innos shrines, you can donate once each day for 100 gold and get a bonus. I believe the reward you get depends on what faction you are part of. I got nothing but mana increases as a mage. A paladin will get double the bonus for each donation.
Post Thu Jan 12, 2006 10:44 pm
Gotit
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

Dam 50 to Daron? Ha well my mercenary was enough strong like that.

For shrine status, when you only get life, 100 isn't required at all, lower is cheaper (life point cost is lower) but you get less per day.

And what are those special powerup for the mage??
Post Fri Jan 13, 2006 6:14 pm
imposteraz
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

If I recall correctly, if you don't donate 100 gold at the shrines you only get hit point increases. If you donate 100 each time, you get Strength, Dex and/or Mana increases (depending on whether your are still guildless or not, and then which guild).

I recommend donating to the Mage Daron as soon as possible and in 50 gold amounts. This way you almost always get a good hit point increase and, by the time you've hit the maximum you can donate, you have about doubled your total hit points. This really helps with NotR early on, since it is much tougher that just plain G2.

"OK, I've got the 'No Die' part."
Post Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:02 am