Argron suspected foe!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > X2 / X3

Author Thread
NidPuterGuy
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

Argron suspected foe!

Or sumpting like that. LOL! Had to smoke two of their weapons component factories. Might have to smoke a couple of Paranid ones to so I can get the demand and price up enough for my factory to make money. Talk about a money looser so far. Had to import a wheat and rhimes fact to Paranid Prime then I was able to make warheads but the demand just wasn't there like I thought it would be. I'm able to sell the Rhimes anyways for top dollar. I'll see if destroying to weps factories is enough to get demand up. I built a wasp factory but it doesn't use warheads, lol. Want a trading station really bad but they are spendy. Think they can rake in the cash hand over fist but will have to find out first hand.
Post Sun Jul 31, 2005 5:13 am
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Going on a pirate killing spree in Ore Belt or another argon sector with a pirate base will fix that.

Taking out factories is a good way to tick races off. Of course, it's also a good way to drive up demand. Still, warheads might not be a big money maker... the secondary resources are where the money is at. I have a teladianium factory in Boron space and it NEVER has stock. Doesn't turn over a huge profit but it makes a consistant one.

The profit killing part is the energy cells, of course. Cells require crystal and each crystal is sold for more than you can sell teladianium for. I buy from the computer over trying to make a 5 factory loop in most cases. Higher maintenance cost but less time to turnover (the point where the factory has paid for itself. 5 factories = a LONG time before that happens.)

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

=Member of the Nonflamers Guild=
=Worshipper of the Written Word=
Post Sun Jul 31, 2005 3:53 pm
NidPuterGuy
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

Making money

It does take a long time to recoup factory and loop costs. Way to long. I buy anything I can from trading stations as far as factories go. They always sell at the average price. I've been buying a lot of wasp missiles so the trading station will buy mine for top dollar! Best money maker so far has been the Xenon invasion mission I did. Made 20 million! Heard rumors online of up to 50 mill.. Made an easy 5 mill today on a lucky Kaak M3 cap. Selling their weapons seperate will make you more money also. Went looking for some more invasion missions but didn't get any.. Want a cap ship or carrier bad. Been fighting a lot of Nemisis lately in assassination missions. Have to get away from that. They can't really scratch the paint on my Osprey but I can't keep up with them. My guns start to run dry right about when they get their shields to a quarter. Had to resort to ramming! LOL! Don't really understand the PSG's.. They didn't do much against the Nemy but on the Xenon carrier I smoked it fast with them.
Post Mon Aug 01, 2005 6:09 am
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Size. The larger the ship the more times the PSG hits it (it's an expanding wave). Small, highly shielded ships like the M6 do much better than massive M1 and M2.

Yes, M6 in assassination missions are annoying. Dragons, Hydra, and Nemesis in particular take FOREVER to kill. Centaur and Osprey are child's play by comparison.

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

=Member of the Nonflamers Guild=
=Worshipper of the Written Word=
Post Tue Aug 02, 2005 4:05 pm
Holywhippet
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

The profit rate of a factory varies from factory to factory. Solar power plants tend to rake in profit ranging from good to awesome. Wheat farms will make a profit, but very, very slowly. Some items don't actually make a profit in X2 like meatsteak cahoonas due to an inbalance in the economy.
Post Fri Nov 04, 2005 4:08 am