Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

go to www.worldofgothic.de

They also have an english site with everything you need to know about NotR
Post Fri Mar 11, 2005 11:48 am
Dragonay
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Yeah i know that the quests are discribed at www.worldofgothic.de but that are only the quests and i meant the whole game i want to find out more about like some secrets in the game that i haven't found yet. so i can comepletly finish the game.
Post Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:39 am
Dragonay
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

@Sem: The site of the translators is strange i can't download it from there so i always download it from like shareaza and shit but is the latest going to be downloadeble from that site??
Post Wed Mar 23, 2005 10:12 am
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

The download site seems to be down (or completely gone), I'll contact the one that hosted it and ask around.
The new version should come out pretty soon too.

I'll let you know as soon as I know more about it.
Post Wed Mar 23, 2005 10:32 am
Dragonay
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

oke thnx
Post Wed Mar 23, 2005 11:28 am
PreCiouS_NL
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Hi there,
I got the same problem...I got the english version of gothic 2, i followed your steps, tried to install the add-on...but everytime if i try to install it they ask for the CD,now the problem is i got the CD, but i still can't install the Add-on.
Please can some1 help me , ive waited 1 year to get the add-on and at last I got it, and now it doesn't work
My msn is The_NightWalker88@hotmail.com pls add me on msn and help me pls
Post Sun Mar 27, 2005 4:53 pm
PreCiouS_NL
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

ok thx anyway for your help guys, it works fine now
Post Sun Mar 27, 2005 6:48 pm
Xerxes712
High Emperor
High Emperor

There would have been a new version of the English translation Mod, but since there is going to be a real English NotR version to be released soon in a few weeks ( atleast announced) why spend all the work to re-write hundreds of lines of code text?

I did finish quite alot. But I am waiting to see if there really is an anouncement by the end of April.

It was because of this **** why there never was a final version made - it was asumed an English release was imminent, and in the end it has been a big jerk around for over this past year's duration.
Post Sun Mar 27, 2005 11:48 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Why donīt you put in what you have and release it? A compatibility test with the new unoffical script patch(es) would also be interesting.
Post Mon Mar 28, 2005 6:52 am
Dragonay
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Yeah i would be great to finnaly see te new trnaslation
Post Mon Mar 28, 2005 7:06 am
Xerxes712
High Emperor
High Emperor

Well, what I am doing is hex editing the original German files and using the ModKit for easy install. I am using the lines that are translated correctly from the first English Mod, but this will be fully 'new'.

In essence, it is my take on how the dialogs should flow. Since I do not know how to script, I am using the original German files; they mostly have more space to put in the English text.

The Modkit still allows for easy install, but it is my own Mod creation. (with due credit for translated lines I took from the group that created the original).

It will not have the extra opening text that explains what happened (the voice only movie) at the very beginning from Xardas. That was scripted in somehow by Cothyso and I do not know how to do it. I may figure it out or just place it in the readme file like a good Dev.

Really what I have is just what you see in the typos section thread; what I did is put the text into the original German spaces hex edited in one letter at a time to get them to fit.

In fact, A person would not even need to install the ModKit Gothic Starter to use it! Some may find that very interesting and useful. All you would need is to replace one for one the files Gothic.dat, OU.cls, and one other file.

It may solve some problems people may run into and it should work for ALL versions.

If the English version with voices of NotR is going to be announced here within a couple of weeks, this is pointless to finish it. I am only about 25% done.

I kept hearing about a release for the last 9 months? and I just never finished the project due to this gossip of an English NotR release.

If nothing shows by the end of April officially, then I will spend a month's work and finish the project. Something I wish I did last year and not believe the stories about the English release is coming soon again.

The translation text for the French game is good, as you can know. The English Translation Mod was left hanging unfinished, it is good, but not excellent.

What is this Unofficial Script Patch(es)?
Post Mon Mar 28, 2005 8:00 am
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

quote:
Originally posted by Xerxes712
There would have been a new version of the English translation Mod, but since there is going to be a real English NotR version to be released soon in a few weeks ( atleast announced) why spend all the work to re-write hundreds of lines of code text?

I did finish quite alot. But I am waiting to see if there really is an anouncement by the end of April.

It was because of this **** why there never was a final version made - it was asumed an English release was imminent, and in the end it has been a big jerk around for over this past year's duration.

Everything is already done. I'm now only waiting for Cothyso to pack everything into a usable .exe file.
It should be here in already, so I've just mailed Cothyso how things are going with the mod.
Every line has been reviewed and corrected when needed. I'll give a complete list of changes when the mod is actually there. For now I'll only say that the mod went from v1.0 --> v1.3 (major update) --> v1.31 --> v1.32
Post Mon Mar 28, 2005 8:22 am
Xerxes712
High Emperor
High Emperor

No kiding? That is great news! I thought Cothyso was not working on this Mod any more, reading his last post.

So you Sem did mail Cothyso to get the typos and mistakes corrected and he placed them into the Mod? He knows how to script, I certainly do not know.

So it would seem there will be a new version of the English Translation Mod soon.
Post Mon Mar 28, 2005 9:02 am
PreCiouS_NL
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

It's about time that the english notr would release, and i just got the game And i have to tell ya guys...it's cool I didn't know the add-on was mixed with G2, i found that out when i started to play, tho every scene that is from the add-on is german, and the subtitle is english.Now i have to finish the game, and wait untill G3.

BTW. i cant find the grave of that warrio (forgot his name).It's just after Raven escapes behind a door that can't be opened.Can u guys tell me were i can find the grave?(i must awake a warrior)
Post Mon Mar 28, 2005 6:21 pm
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

quote:
Originally posted by Xerxes712
No kiding? That is great news! I thought Cothyso was not working on this Mod any more, reading his last post.

So you Sem did mail Cothyso to get the typos and mistakes corrected and he placed them into the Mod? He knows how to script, I certainly do not know.

So it would seem there will be a new version of the English Translation Mod soon.

Yes, he handed me the old dumbfiles and I have corrected them all almost two months ago. However Cothyso is very busy with the release of a new MMORG and I'm not getting any replies to my mails at the moment. I hope he will let something know soon, because I want to see that new translation too.
Post Tue Mar 29, 2005 7:30 am

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next