Usergroups
Gothic 2 addon DNDR in english...
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
cothyso
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

I made great progress with the translation thing. atm, almost all scripts are parsed and the translating needing textx are marked and are extracted in different files (for the ease of translation).

we need to organize things a bit. we'll talk this evening, after I'll be at home. around 3 hours from now on.

also, i suggest we should try to meet up on mIRC, on undernet servers, #gothic2 channel, today, the same hour.

see you then.

PS: the translation is NOT as big as it can seem, atm I managed to put back ALL gothic 2's text into addon's instalation, and with some good translators we are only a few DAYS away from the release.

PPS: I did told you there's a way to install the german addon OVER the internation gothic 2 version. When I'll release the translation, I'll also release detailed instructions about how can be done.

PPPS: yes, the speech will still be part english (everything from gothic 2) and part german (the addon new parts), as this translation is intended ONLY for subtitles. Translating the sounds too can be easely done once the subtitle translation is done, but will require a lot more time and ppl (voice acting, recording etc). ID the diccuric people will help me with it, then can be a maybe...
Post Tue Apr 27, 2004 3:00 pm
the_undertaker_05x
Village Leader
Village Leader

Location: Well... I live in Korinis but I'm plannig to go to the mainland with Hagen's ship.

okay... if anyone has the irc program called mirc, join the channel gothic.rpg...we all have a nice chat there... remember gothic.rpg (remember to type the dot too!)
Post Tue Apr 27, 2004 3:21 pm
cothyso
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

I'm home, but no one's in #gothic2 channel... anyone?
Post Tue Apr 27, 2004 6:18 pm
Gorn's best mate
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Well I am currently in channel gothic.rpg but maybe on the wrong server? Never used MIRC before. sorry
Post Tue Apr 27, 2004 6:24 pm
cothyso
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

From mIRC's menu: File -> Select Server -> Connect -> Servers

Select Undernet in IRC Network drop down and any of it's servers in IRC Server drop down, then press Connect To Server
Post Tue Apr 27, 2004 6:37 pm
elkston
High Emperor
High Emperor

Cool. You guys seem to be really putting this together.

But now I am wondering how people in the USA can obtain the
German Add-on. Places like amazon.de do not ship to the USA or Canada.

If anyone in the US actually has the german version, could you please
enlighthen me as to where you got it.

(maybe it was Ebay???)
Post Tue Apr 27, 2004 7:12 pm
cothyso
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Well, it's time to make friends in Germany... or search the online german game stores
Post Tue Apr 27, 2004 7:45 pm
Whailor
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

I clicked on the link on official add-on page on PB site, and was directed to some German shop. I entered my customer data (page is fully in german, but I know it enough to know what to enter and where), however I was not able to enter the country there. That shop also has contact ID's on MSN and AIM, so I used AIM to contact the shop representative and asked, if they do international shipping as well. The person said that yes, the do. I told then that I cannot enter my country, although I was able to enter every other address detail, to which the guy told that "No worries, tell me the country and customer number and I will adjust the data." Which I did and tadaa! Country was added.

Then I just filed the order, they sent the bill to my e-mail address. I paid that bill through my bank and they shipped it, and now I have it already for the second day And I must say, it REALLY is cool! Heck, already in good old Khorinis area I have found loads of new things to do, they have really tweaked the game up, added much more life to many areas of the game, where was none before. That add-on is REALLY worth getting.

As for the translation: if I can help, I would love to. Sadly the IRC thing is tricky for me, at work I am behind corporation firewall and at home behind yet another firewall, so connection to IRC may not work. But, I do check this site out daily, so if there are amy PM's, I read them. I cannot help with translation, since I don't know german even half as good as some beginner does, but I can, I don't know, do some preliminary proof reading and text adjusting (i.e. sometimes what is said can be said with less words then it is written with at start ), provided that someone fluent in english will do the final check on it all. I also agree to test this if needed and report back any issues and details. And, if needed, I can post as to how install the german add-on on english 1.31 original G2, translation from that russian page (I have tested it myself, it works well).
Post Wed Apr 28, 2004 9:37 am
cothyso
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

I know how to install the german addon over the international version. And I'd say we shouldn't explain it until the right moment (I mean, at the same time with the translation mod release).

Though you'll still need to buy the addon from somewhere...
Post Wed Apr 28, 2004 11:45 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Whailor, was it Rollenspielshop.de?
Post Wed Apr 28, 2004 12:03 pm
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

yup if we get at least 2 more translators it will be no time till its ready
Post Wed Apr 28, 2004 12:37 pm
cothyso
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

I need all the ones willing to help with the translation to install Yahoo Messenger and ask adonys13 (that's my ID) about adding them to the team.

Also, I would need their e'mail adresses.

Asap, please.
Post Wed Apr 28, 2004 12:51 pm
Dawil
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I may be new here (actually i've been reading these forums a while) but i'd like to offer my assistance to your project

My german may be a bit rusty but i can call on a few ppl with much more skills than me and my german has been enough to understand things in dndr sofar...
Post Wed Apr 28, 2004 12:55 pm
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

i think it will be better to make an msn message chat or an IRC channel where we could talk and help eachother with the translation , if u want i can teach later on how to use mirc and where we could setup a channel
Post Wed Apr 28, 2004 12:57 pm
psiho333
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Re: Gothic 2 addon DNDR in english...

Ich lerne noch Deutsch.
(I am only learning german)
So i cant help you, but I wish I could...

Last edited by psiho333 on Wed Apr 28, 2004 1:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Wed Apr 28, 2004 1:12 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next