Intalling G2 Demo
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
TheSleeper8119
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

Intalling G2 Demo

I tryed to install the demo and it said it was done but when I opened it up it said something like: Couldn't run Epected File: 300000000 Downloaded Files: 10000000 or something like that. Does this mean that the demo wasn't fully downloaded or what?
Post Sat Mar 08, 2003 9:58 pm
TheSleeper8119
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

I tryed to download it again, and it downloaded for around five hours and then it just stopped in the middle of downloading and I tryed to get it back and it won't let me continue downloading...What do I do, cause I really want to download this demo!?!?
Post Sun Mar 09, 2003 3:38 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Install a download manager and choose a mirror which supports resuming.
Post Sun Mar 09, 2003 3:55 am
TheSleeper8119
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

quote:
Originally posted by Gorath

What do u mean?
Post Sun Mar 09, 2003 1:01 pm
TheSleeper8119
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

(*Sigh) I tryed to download it AGAIN and it was running all night but then my mom logged on to her computer s/n (we have windows XP) and when I got on and logged back on to mine the download was gone, and once again I can't get it back to continue it's progress. Is there some way I can get it back cause I don't have enough time to try it again.
Post Sun Mar 09, 2003 1:15 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

quote:
Originally posted by TheSleeper8119
quote:

What do u mean?

I mean that you were not smart enough this time. Why would _you_ want to observe the download and pray it won´t disconnect if you can simply install one of the many programs specialized in controlling downloads _automatically_? Such a program is called a 'download manager'. It does exactly what the name says. I never download files above 10 MB without either DAP or Flashget. Download managers are not only more secure, they are also a lot faster in most cases.

Of course you have to download from a server which allows reconnecting to a disconnected download. This is called 'resume a download'. The programs above automatically resume if possible. They also tell you if the server allows it or not. If the JoWooD server says no you should cancel the download, locate another site and download the demo from there. Repeat until resume is allowed.
Post Sun Mar 09, 2003 3:01 pm
Irf
High Emperor
High Emperor

The Jowood server does indeed support resuming, so download from them.
As for the other servers, whenever i tried a multisource download (using GetRight) it crashed for some reason, aparantly it claims the other servers are "bad"
Post Sun Mar 09, 2003 3:40 pm
TheSleeper8119
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

quote:
Originally posted by Irf
The Jowood server does indeed support resuming, so download from them.
As for the other servers, whenever i tried a multisource download (using GetRight) it crashed for some reason, aparantly it claims the other servers are "bad"

I have been installing from JoWood.
Post Sun Mar 09, 2003 4:17 pm
Cathbad
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I would use Flashget, I got it and i haven't had a problem with downloads ever since.

_______________________________________-
RUN AWAY!!!!
Post Tue Mar 11, 2003 3:43 pm
TheSleeper8119
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by TheSleeper8119
quote:

What do u mean?

I mean that you were not smart enough this time. Why would _you_ want to observe the download and pray it won´t disconnect if you can simply install one of the many programs specialized in controlling downloads _automatically_? Such a program is called a 'download manager'. It does exactly what the name says. I never download files above 10 MB without either DAP or Flashget. Download managers are not only more secure, they are also a lot faster in most cases.

Of course you have to download from a server which allows reconnecting to a disconnected download. This is called 'resume a download'. The programs above automatically resume if possible. They also tell you if the server allows it or not. If the JoWooD server says no you should cancel the download, locate another site and download the demo from there. Repeat until resume is allowed.

Thanks for all the help Gorath. I'm downloading FlashGet right now
Post Thu Mar 13, 2003 10:07 pm
TheSleeper8119
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

OK, i need help, still. I downloaded FlashGet or whatever it is and then tryed to download Gothic 2 from JoWoods site, onto it, and I don't understand how I do that.
Post Fri Mar 14, 2003 2:01 am
Evil Timmy
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

If you're using IE, go to the download page, right-click on the file, and click 'Download using FlashGet'. If you're using another browser, start FlashGet manually (Start > All Programs > FlashGet > FlashGet ), go to the download page in your browser, right-click on the link and click 'Copy Link Location'. A dialog box from FlashGet should pop up, just click 'Ok'; the file will be saved to c:\Downloads by default. If the box doesn't pop up, switch to the Flashget window, click the 'New' button (looks like a blank piece of paper), then paste the link into the URL field, then click Ok.
Post Fri Mar 14, 2003 2:41 am
TheSleeper8119
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

Thanks so much for all the help The download is working perfectly. Its 94% complete and I can't wait to play it
Thanks again!
Post Sun Mar 16, 2003 1:41 pm
TheSleeper8119
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

I installed the Gothic 2 Demo, but now I don't know how to "extract" the translation download into the Gothic 2 Demo files. Do I need WinZip, which costs money, I guess?
Post Sun Mar 16, 2003 3:23 pm
DzD
Unknown
Unknown

WinZip costs money? Didn't do it when I used it before... Then I switched to WinRar which supports .zip files and the new .rar files.
His latest, a hit
Cuz the Little One's a mystery to me

Written by - dteowner
Post Sun Mar 16, 2003 3:39 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next