Usergroups
Magic Power Stones; Or whatever...
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
FetishFool
High Emperor
High Emperor

First off, I'm playing the English Demo.

I found two of the five stones that were used to make the barrier. I found the one at the Old Fort, and the one at the Ruined Monastary.

I'm going to look for a full version walk thruogh to find the rest.

I found all sorts of keys, that I have no idea of what for.

But can anyone tell me 1) Where do I find the other 3 stones?, and 2) How do I recharge them?

Corristo is being a prick, and he won't do it for me.

I have all the magic writings, but they don't seem to be teaching my Necromancer very much. His magic is at Circle 6.

That "Chapter 23" book doesn't help either. It just tells you that you are able to recharge it, if you know how. Blah blah blah.

So... Can anyone help?

Post Tue Oct 02, 2001 12:23 am
Blitzkrieg_SH
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I found only one at the orc fort
Post Tue Oct 02, 2001 2:53 am
FetishFool
High Emperor
High Emperor

Yeah, I heard that one is at some Orc place, and the other is at some Stonehenge.

Where's the Orc one?
Post Tue Oct 02, 2001 3:33 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

In the German version they are labeled "Foci", singular is the latin Focus.

You should stop searching for them in the demo! This is one of the most important quests in the game. If you know where and how to get them, it costs you some hours of fun in the full version.
You need massive communication with NPCs to solve the quest, even if you somehow find all foci.

Again, stop now, this quest is far too important to spoil it!
Post Tue Oct 02, 2001 6:13 am
FetishFool
High Emperor
High Emperor

I know, I know... Don't think that I don't know!

But the Full English version isn't out for an estimated 3 months. Sad, eh!

If an NPC can 're-fill' the stones, then I can, too. I just need a little more information about the whole ordeal.

I've gone outside of the barrier, and there's nothing there but endless free-falls (in this demo).

I was reading through the walkthrough at Gomp.Net, and at the walkthrough to find the fourth stone, it said "this is the last stone".
This walkthrough really didn't help me much, because it kept saying "Follow the NPC".

And another thing, I figured out how to 'fly'. I'm an idiot, I've done this before, but I only used it to climb on top of buildings, not fly to the other side of the colony or anything.
To Fly: HOLD DOWN F8!!!
Pretty simple, eh.
Post Tue Oct 02, 2001 11:58 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

"I know, I know... Don't think that I don't know!"

Addicted?

"But the Full English version isn't out for an estimated 3 months. Sad, eh!"

2 months. But still sad.

"If an NPC can 're-fill' the stones, then I can, too."

Impossible!

"I just need a little more information about the whole ordeal."

The infos wouldnīt help you. For another walkthrough search for 'Gamestar' or go to gamestar.de, tipps&tricks, g, gothic...

"I was reading through the walkthrough at Gomp.Net, and at the walkthrough to find the fourth stone, it said "this is the last stone".
This walkthrough really didn't help me much, because it kept saying "Follow the NPC"."

The walkthrough is correct. You get Fokus no.1 earlier. On gomp you can find a map with all 5 locations.

"To Fly: HOLD DOWN F8!!!"

Hm, I didnīt know that. What about using a Bloodfly scroll?

Btw., you said you read the walkthrough. If you know German, why wait for the English version?
Post Tue Oct 02, 2001 1:00 pm
FetishFool
High Emperor
High Emperor

If an NPC can re-fill those stones, I can figure some way of re-coding the game, so that I can, too. Or I can just make the stone full by scripting - But I want to see how it's done.

Bloodfly scroll... Hhmmm... I never actually thought of that.

Map @ Gomp... Yes, I am an idiot! I never though of actually looking for a map that displayed them.

I only understand a little german, I know enough to understand a sentence in under 10 seconds, but it would take me too long to understand an entire game.

Gamestar.de is an interesting site. They seem to be very detailed.
Post Tue Oct 02, 2001 7:46 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Gamestar is one of Germanyīs bestselling printmags. About 300.000 per month. Part of IDG Communications.
I like their site, they really know how to recycle their content. Unfortunately the online reviews are shorter than the print versions.

"If an NPC can re-fill those stones, I can figure some way of re-coding the game, so that I can, too. Or I can just make the stone full by scripting - But I want to see how it's done."

How can you be sure that a) the foki can be recharged , b) your character or a certain NPC can do this, c) you can even enter the location where you can use them , d) this is the correct escape plan ??????
Donīt forget there are many different parties inside the prison. Each each camp has a different plan for the future. Some want to escape, some donīt! Camp A may feel seriously threatened by camp Bīs plan and take actions to prevent it. You canīt know the correct path to freedom without dialogs and cutscenes.

Bloodfly: pos.:fast, _allways_ flies 1 meter above ground level, surprisingly strong.
neg.: you sometimes have to fly the long way, because you canīt adjust the altitude.
Post Tue Oct 02, 2001 9:03 pm
FetishFool
High Emperor
High Emperor

Don't be so close minded!

"Chapter 23" wrote that the Foci are able to be recharged. And someone else mentioned that they eventually DO get charged back up, but not until the end of the game.

The demo has EVERYTHING that the full version has, except a few voice-overs, and characters. But this is a minor draw-back.

I brough one of the Foci to Diego, and he said "Hey! Good Job! You found the Focus of blah! I'll try not to die next time... Blah blah blah..."
This is only proof from me, to you, that most of the full version game is in the demo.

Piranha Bytes did a great job with promoting their game with this demo. - It gives so much for you to do, but just one step away from enough. Absolutely perfect advertising plan.

I can edit anything in Gothic-Demo right now. There doesn't seem to be any special security against coders.

If I can find what recharges the Foci, then I can go into the configuration files and read around to search for it. Then I'll give it to my character.

Special abilities are all in .MDS coded format, so it shouldn't be too hard to locate what I need.
Post Wed Oct 03, 2001 12:17 am

these are the huge pedestal almost shrine things right?
and how do u make your magic circle power stuff go up?
Post Wed Oct 03, 2001 2:37 am

Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Close minded? Could you rephrase this? Even with my dictionary I was unable to understand the exact meaning. Anyway, I decided to take it as a compliment.

""Chapter 23" wrote that the Foci are able to be recharged. And someone else mentioned that they eventually DO get charged back up, but not until the end of the game."

Uriziel gets recharged close to the end, not the Foki! All this stuff is mentioned in the walkthroughs. Also the answers to all the W.-questions.

"The demo has EVERYTHING that the full version has, except a few voice-overs, and characters. But this is a minor draw-back."

Now that you have a map, are all the locations included? Can you enter NC, Psi Camp, Temple and the mines? Can you talk to Saturas and Milton? What about Saturasī office?

Post Wed Oct 03, 2001 3:58 am
FetishFool
High Emperor
High Emperor

'Close minded' means 'Not taking suggestions or Advice'.

I have all five Stones, now. I have Urizels Sword, and all the Magic Writings, but I still cannot charge the stones. Simply because I don't know where to start looking.

I have all the keys, and all the magic swords, but they seem to be useless in the demo, too.

All I need to do now is to make myself the "Head of the Circle of Fire".
I'll find the command, soon. Once I can access Xardas or Corristos restricted files.
Post Wed Oct 03, 2001 4:05 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Ah, now I understand.

In my last post I told you where to start looking. There is a passage from Saturasī office to the huge heap of magic ore located in the center of the NC.
Post Wed Oct 03, 2001 4:27 am
[PB]Nico
Keeper of the Bugs
Keeper of the Bugs

Simply wait for the full version of Gothic -- it comes with all the answers _and_ an story! for the items you inserted...

Best regards, nico

editPS: IMHO Gothic (in germany) was not rated that high because of best_looking_items or other things like that...

[ This Message was edited by: NicoDE on 2001-10-03 01:02 ]
Post Wed Oct 03, 2001 5:48 am
Zonk
City Guard
City Guard

Yes that is right.
And to top it, I will give Fetishfool 10.000 ore if he found the NC in the Demo.
Post Wed Oct 03, 2001 8:51 am

Goto page 1, 2  Next