RPGDot Forums > News Comments

Author Thread
Dwango
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

quote:

Originally posted by Dwango
The basics should be bug free.

Darn, I need to clarify here. Working for QA, I know that nothing can be 100% bug free. What I mean is that there should be no GM stoppers in a product that is ready, and very few non-GM stoppers.

It seems to me that game companies play faster and looser with this rule than any other software vendor, simply because they are game companies. Somehow a less serious product doesn't seem to need as many quality controls as a more serious office product. And this attitude is what causes much of the outrage. A feeling that some companies just aren't trying hard in the quality area as they should.

quote:

Originally posted by Ekim
It make me think of a child that sticks his fingers in an electric outlet and gets electrocuted, then goes back and does it again and cries every time.

Hey! I resemble that remark!

-Dwango
Post Thu Jul 17, 2003 3:31 pm
Hyrrix
Fourty-two
Fourty-two

What I basically meant by the "a mmorpg is never complete"-thing is that you shouldn't judge the game on the things that were once promised to be in. It's not because they once promised us to get in space that we should be discontent now because it's not in there. So you could argue that SWG is not complete because it doesn't have that space addition in it (yet). And that's exactly what some people do right now. Expected way too much of it and now are disappointed. Even if it doesn't offer less than any other given mmorpg. (altough it should offer more for that price, that's true). So my point was certainly not that all content or quality is relative... more the other way round.
Post Thu Jul 17, 2003 4:06 pm
Ekim
Eagle's Shadow
Eagle's Shadow

quote:
Originally posted by Dwango
quote:

Originally posted by Ekim
It make me think of a child that sticks his fingers in an electric outlet and gets electrocuted, then goes back and does it again and cries every time.

Hey! I resemble that remark!

Well unfortunately I am that way too often myself... and so are many people even if they won't admit it. I just wish we would admit to it more than we do sometimes.
Post Thu Jul 17, 2003 7:41 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2