HELP!!! My save won't load!!!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Troubleshooting

Author Thread
GTwice
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

HELP!!! My save won't load!!!

Please help. I can't load my savegame - game crashes when i want to do this. I've read that this may be caused by lots of things in inventory and this may be the reason - I had really much in backpack. Is there any way to repair my save? Can I delete some things from hexeditor? some krushurroks or food? please help me!!!
Post Tue May 18, 2004 8:01 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

You can replace files with those from your last working savegame. One after the other. Maybe you find the corrupted file.
Post Tue May 18, 2004 10:24 pm
GTwice
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I tried but looks that world.sav is corrupted. And that's a problem. When I copy other file (I have older one) I have less xp, less abilities and nearly nothing in the inventory. Mayby somebody knows in what address in world.sav game keeps info about inventory? and what to type there to free some space (probably it would help)?
Post Thu May 20, 2004 4:33 pm
Killerofevils II
Village Leader
Village Leader

Ya I have gotten a few corrupted games before but not from carrying too much I don't think, it happens when either my comp will just shut down (I never turn it off then but now I do) or Gothic 2 would just close down sometimes and I'd restart see a white box over the screenshot and it will say my save game's name i.e. "New Camp Game" but I press enter and nothing happens like it's not there but I just start a new game and shove a can up my ass before I whine and just start again but what is the world.sav file anyway?
Death in the air, strapped in the electric chair, this can't be happening to me, who made you god to say, I'll take your life from you, flash before my eyes, now its time to die, burning in my brain, I can feel the flame.
-Ride the Lightning by Metallica
I'm a rocker! Rock on!
Post Thu May 20, 2004 4:40 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

I think the most common reason for corrupted saves are programs like virus scanners, a firewall or ICQ running in the background.

Seems you have to continue from your last working save.
Post Thu May 20, 2004 11:35 pm