Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
what smith pays the most money for weapons and armour??
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
barton819
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

what smith pays the most money for weapons and armour??

I am starting to have a problem of aquireing weapons and armour that are so high i value that I can't find a place to sell them for a decent price. the highest paying smith I have found is in the forigen quarter, he starts off with 2500 gold every day, I need a smith that starts off with like 50 000 or more gold a day. does someone know of a better place to swap weapons for gold??

Bart
Post Wed Jan 14, 2004 5:55 pm
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

It's a common complaint with the game. In the base game (no Tribunal or Bloodmoon), the richest merchant only has 10,000gp. The theory was that it helped game balance, although it mostly just annoyed players.

You can download hundreds of plugins that will help with that problem. I used "Zed the Merchant".

PS- welcome to the boards!
RIP Red Wings How 'Bout Dem Cowboys!
Post Wed Jan 14, 2004 6:46 pm
barton819
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

thanks, were is this merchant located?
Post Fri Jan 16, 2004 2:20 pm
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

Info on the Talking Mudcrab
RIP Red Wings How 'Bout Dem Cowboys!
Post Fri Jan 16, 2004 10:23 pm
InSaNe
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

if you cant find the mudcrab try the creeper he has 5000 gp.. its been long so i forgot the townname but if u look around on google ull have it within 2 mins
Post Thu Jan 29, 2004 9:13 pm
Snome
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Creeper is in Caldere, in the orc manor. He has 5000 and renews his cash every 24 hours. Best is, he always pays full price, so you don't need to bargain with him. A commonly used (if somewhat boring) tactic is to sell him some stuff worth about 5000 gold and use these items to change your big (30000 gold) items into smaller items and sell these every 24 hours. For instance, if you have a daedric weapon worth 30000 you sell this to creeper for 6 weapons he has worth 5000 each. Every 24 hours you can sell one of these for cash.
Post Thu Jan 29, 2004 9:22 pm
Fantaghiro
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I'm wondering if you really need to acquire great piles of cash in MW? In the early stages, when you really need money, it's hard to come by, but since he reached Level 20 or so, my character has always had more than enough money for his requirements. Besides paying trainers, and enchanting the occasional item, I find he rarely needs to spend any money. Now, at level 43, he can brew better potions than he can buy, he's found better weapons and armour than any he's so far seen for sale in the shops, and he has almost all the spells available.

I'm wondering if it's worth spending several days in Caldera bartering with Creeper in order to sell yet another ebony or daedric sword, just to accumulate even more cash?
Post Fri Feb 27, 2004 1:28 pm