Members
Usergroups
MW Mod Community: More "Realistic" NPCs a possibil
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
Volitare

MW Mod Community: More "Realistic" NPCs a possibil

I was browsing through a few Morrowind MOD Forums when it dawned on me that the TES Construction Set is an immensly powerful tool. The Community has the ability to play a very active role in the very evolution of Morrowind.

This game is fabulous in many, many ways. The Immersive quality of this RPG is unprecedented. One observation that I can't help but to agree with is the NPCs lack of "Personality." So, I was wondering if the Mod Community, or the Community as a whole, could come together and devise a way to make the NPCs more 'realistic.'

For instance, scheduled NPC was a huge factor in the Immersive Quality of Gothic. Now I realize that it is an unrealistic request for the Development Team to schedule the enormous number of NPCs that exist in Morrowind but could the community do it in bits and pieces?

Is what I ask technically possible or is it more trouble then it's worth? Personally I think if the population simply adhered to the time cycle, they might not necessarily have to cook and go to work or what not, just be around when you would expect them to, I think it would add to the Immersion Quality of this already awesome game.

What do you gys think? Is this possible? Are there any other projects that could add to the Immersive Quality of Morrowind?
Post Fri May 10, 2002 4:19 am

Sinu

possible

It's possible but would take loads of scripting ie if the time is at <certain time> go to location and do this until <this happens> or <the weather changes> then <go home> etc or go to store unlock->enter-> start selling goods until time is <certain time> then <lock door again and go home>
Only psuedo code but it's easier for newbs to understand.
When the plugins for max get released it will be so much better cos you can the add new animations for them doing different things hopefully
Post Fri May 10, 2002 7:40 am

i would be very happy if npc's would go to sleep at night
Post Sat May 11, 2002 5:04 am

EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

You wouldn't be as happy if they went to sleep at night if you were unfortunate to be a vampire character and figured 'ah what the hell...' and just ran with it instead of reloading.

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

=Member of the Nonflamers Guild=
=Worshipper of the Written Word=
Post Sat May 11, 2002 3:35 pm
ZyanTundra
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Actually NPC sleeping is very possible. Just put the sleep spelle effect on them(zero stamina) so they lay on the bed. But you'll have to do it to every NPC and place them in the x,y,z axis for every house in the game. Then you still have the NPCs that wander in town during night time.
Post Sun May 19, 2002 2:14 am
kparti
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

and the scripts for each npc'd slow down the whole game a bit....maybe bethesda'd release a patch on this, with rewriting wander script or i dunno..
Post Sun May 19, 2002 4:57 am