Just Finshed NOTOR Here's my Stats
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
sentenza
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Just Finshed NOTOR Here's my Stats

Hi I' A newbie to this forum thanks for lettinrg me join. I just finished Notor and wanted to post my ending stats, to compare with how far everyone else got, so here we go:

Dragonhunter Level 50
Strength: 182 Dexterity: 100 Mana: 68 Hitpoints:846
Weapon protection: 173 Projectile Pro: 173 Fire Pro: 120 Magic: 70
1h: 47% fighter 2h:60% master bow:40%marksman crossbow:30%marksman
Learned:sneak,picklocks,pickpocket,alchemy,forge weapons,(all animal tophies)
also had 34,000 gold at the end
Also i finshed every quest except 2

MY over all impression of NOTOR compared to the original gothic 2, is i enjoyed playing it!! I noticed some people on here posted that it is a lot harder than the original, i did not think so i thought it was very well balanced, you just have to choose more carefully were you put your learning points.I thought the original was a little to easy, i though this was just right and i like the extra storyline's with the pirates and such.
Post Sun Jan 08, 2006 7:31 pm
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

Yeah, NotR is a lot more fun than the original, and the new add-on world is great.

How did you get to lvl 50? You must've killed every creature in the game, hehe, I usually end the game at around 40.
Post Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:07 am
Saša
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

The world of gothic2 is ok, but the new world in notr is just fantastic.
Post Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:52 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Welcome to our forum!

Level 40 sounds low to me for TNotR, but level 50 rather high.

I think the add-on is too hard for a general audience.
Post Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:25 am
VPeric
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

I'll have to disagree, Gorath. There's only a few areas I had real difficulty in (then again, maybe I just DID play too much of the regular G2 too): the orcs around the scholar's house, the house itself, and to a lesser extent another cave with a fire demon and the 2-3 orcs at the bridge in the south. Everything else is easy enough if you are careful and not rush into things.
Post Mon Jan 09, 2006 7:38 pm
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

quote:
Originally posted by VPeric
I'll have to disagree, Gorath. There's only a few areas I had real difficulty in (then again, maybe I just DID play too much of the regular G2 too): the orcs around the scholar's house, the house itself, and to a lesser extent another cave with a fire demon and the 2-3 orcs at the bridge in the south. Everything else is easy enough if you are careful and not rush into things.

That's because you're a die-hard. You just don't want to admit it.

Welcome sentenza!
Post Mon Jan 09, 2006 7:59 pm
Gotit
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

I agree with you I don't find it that hard. That said I think that for a mercenary choosing 2H it's better to take care of LP use. For example you learned a lot of skills that should better be learned better and imrpove first fight skills when possible.

Some comments on your char:
Level 50? Mmm I agree it's not usefull to get that high, perhaps it wouldn't have been that easy if you hadn't level it up that much, I imagine you killed Orcs of valley of mine. The truth is that for a Mercenary it's more a strong temptation.

Sword skill only 60%??? Instead of pushing the str that high you would have a much efficient fighting with high sword skill. Which sword you was using at the end?

Also I think that the sword protection should be 190/200 for a mercenary but well I am only chapter 4 so I dunno.

Life only 846 for level 50? Ha well that's some of the strange design of this game, beside easy infinite money, there's also infnite life level but got as easily. I bet you didn't pray to shrines.
Post Mon Jan 09, 2006 9:58 pm
sentenza
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

in reply to Gotit

Yeah i killed all the orcs at valley of mines, also i discoverd that if you go back to the add-on world before going to dragon island the, game respawns all these dragon snappers at exp. of 400 each, i had completed all the quests there by chap 4 but went back to just check, and alll these dargon snappers are every where.
I.E. "Sword skill only 60%??? Instead of pushing the str that high you would have a much efficient fighting with high sword skill. Which sword you was using at the end?"
well at the ending i had the dragon slicer, the heavy ore two hander, that you make with dragon blood, and the berserker axe, that does 200 damage, at that point i was so strong,and dealt so much damage i took everything out on dragon island with usually 2 to 3 hits. except for the end dragon which i summoned 2 demons and they took him out me having to lift a finger(hee,hee)!!

Also i prayed at the shrines but i was aliitle lazy in the begining of the game with. also when i upgraded the claw of beliar a few times i lost about 75 exp points, which now i look back i don't know if it was worth it!!

also how would you get sword protection so high?? i had the highest armor and a couple rings and amulet? hmmm something i missedd? anyhow sorry for the long post!!!
Post Tue Jan 10, 2006 6:39 am
Gotit
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

Killing :
- Chapter 4 NOTR : Yeah I had notice the chapter 4 thing with notr area, dam fun at my first play as a mage.
- All the orcs!! Ha well I killed many with the mage, and it's hard to stop do a genocide with my current mercenary. I think mercenary grab xp more naturaly.

XP Final :
For the life point, I used compare point with the mage I did who had 1150+ but unlike the mercenary, the beliar praying cost much less for the mage. But I won't go that far with mercenary but higher than your char I think and prob not level 50.

Protection :
Lol, I dunno in fact I have to finish my mercenary. Curently chapter 4, I have sword protection 160 and could have 170. Other protections don't worth it except for dragons:
- Armor sword prot 120
- Warrior set (amulet + 2 rings) sword prot 40
- Belt sword prot +10 (but I don't use it yet)
Sum = 170 and I am expecting an armor 150 later.
There's also the Innos amulet (not the eye) but perhaps a mercenary can't have it.

Sword Skill :
To confirm but the difference with normal hit and critical hit is :
- Critical hits = weapon damage + str - protection
- Normal hits = Critical hits / 10
So even with a very high damage when you do a normal hit that makes quite a difference. With critical damages only (mostly only) I already kill most things with 1 to 3 hits with the Heavy Ore Battle Blade (str 140 / hit 160 / range 130 / +10) even Demons are piece of cake. I need 4 hits anyway for few monsters.
But that's with critical hits, with normal hits that's another thing. But ok the point is in both case, the mercenary is already a bit too powerfull.

Beliar sword :
Yeah when you have started rise str up the beliar sword don't compare anymore. I used it anyway some time with the Heavy Ore 2H in parallel and the Beliar wins my pref. It is fun and adds more random. With the additional damage which is 100, when it occurs itt's the highest damage possible at level 47 and even a bit lower (120+100+str vs 200+str).

Final boss :
2 demons? Damit I tried with my mage and didn't succeed! I gave up and just throw to it 2 army of darkness and had just time to give 2 or 3 hits before he colapse.
Post Tue Jan 10, 2006 4:48 pm