Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Is their any reason NOT to kill Mud the Harrasser?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
Dave Allen
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I got sick and tired of bumping his pestering dialogue and took an early opportunity to put Mud out of his misery. Now I'm wondering if just slicing him into unconsciousness would have done the trick as well... or would he have just come come back for more.
Post Sat Nov 24, 2001 10:03 pm
Bourrie
Village Leader
Village Leader

You don't have to kill him! If you hit the man (fist or sword) he won't come back!

Post Sat Nov 24, 2001 10:50 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

This guy is really annoying.
Did take care of the witnesses?
If you can still enter the OC without being killed then everything is fine.
Post Sun Nov 25, 2001 12:21 am
benchMarc
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Why should the guards kill you when you enter the OC?
I don't have the full version yet, i play the demo. But when i kill mud, and other npc's and i go out the OC and come back no guards kill me. They fixed that in the Full version :?
Post Sun Nov 25, 2001 12:32 am

I have the full version and also got sick of Mud. I pulled my sword and immediately the Guard told me to put it away. Nonetheless I swung at Mud and he ran away. I immediately put my sword away and the Guard comeletely forgot all about it. Can't tell you if Mud will ever come back, but there's no further problem with the guards.
Sandy
Post Sun Nov 25, 2001 1:48 am

Quemaqua
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Just take him off somewhere nice n' quiet (as he seems fond of suggesting), without witnesses, and beat him. If he runs away, he'll get his health back, and if you run into him again, he'll start pestering you again. But if you knock him out, you can take all his stuph, and he'll call you a mean 'ol bastard when you wake up. But he stops following you. =) If you kill him and somebody sees, I assume this is when the OC guards will kick your ass. I never killed him, so I dunno'. Just knocked him out.
Post Sun Nov 25, 2001 10:52 am

I thought mud was pretty funny in the demo. Annoying, yes, but funny.

A good part of this train of thought might have been caused by my tendacy to get him into fights with the local woodland creatures. Try it, you'll like the result.

Alas, however, I had to part ways with mud when I ran away from him past the bridge by the OC. THere was a steep little hill there and apparently mud didn't notice the dropoff. *splat!* He did have some nice loot
Post Sun Nov 25, 2001 4:42 pm

XxVenomxX
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I'm not sure what the criteria is for murdering within a camp. Once I became 'accepted' into the camp (so as not to give spoilers away) I went into the camp to get revenge on *everyone* who made a fool outta me to begin with. But, I went to the arena, and I beat up Kirgo, and killed him. Then Scatty started shooting his crossbow at me, so I knocked him out, but let him live, because he congratulated me on kicking his ass, hehe. Then I took out Kharim, and killed him too. Satisfying, lol. But the attacks by other guards seem to have different grounds. Like, one time I killed Bloodwyn, in the middle of the camp, and walked away fine. I reloaded a game, did it again, and had everyone cracking at me.
*shrugs*
I killed Mud right outside the gates. Once you're 'accepted', no one cares if you draw your weapon in the Old Camp.
Post Sun Nov 25, 2001 10:28 pm

i killed all the rice pickers in the new camp.. that was fun.. first removed the armor and weapons from the thugs and rice lord .. and then kicked everyone's ass.. that was very very satisfying.. altho i think they should make different death noises. cuz if someone shoved a sword into my body.. i'm pretty sure i wouldn't just grunt and sigh
Post Tue Nov 27, 2001 5:40 am

XxVenomxX
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Hehe, yeah. Taking out the Rice Lord was fun. Then I whipped Lefty's ass and let him know who was gonna go fetch the damn water.
Post Tue Nov 27, 2001 10:25 pm

what's the trigger for you to get +5 strength from horatio the rice picker.. i tried in the beginning when lefty made me give everyone water as "full time" job.. then i told him to take the water and give himself a cold enema .. and he beat me like a red headed step child.. and horatio didn't want to train me

next scenario.. lefty and the rice lord kick me around like a stray dog and horatio still won't train me..

3rd scenario from a new load, i kill every last one of them .. then when it's night time i meet horatio for the first time and he trains me for the +5 strength.

is this a bug?
Post Tue Nov 27, 2001 10:33 pm

what's the trigger for you to get +5 strength from horatio the rice picker.. i tried in the beginning when lefty made me give everyone water as "full time" job.. then i told him to take the water and give himself a cold enema .. and he beat me like a red headed step child.. and horatio didn't want to train me

next scenario.. lefty and the rice lord kick me around like a stray dog and horatio still won't train me..

3rd scenario from a new load, i kill every last one of them .. then when it's night time i meet horatio for the first time and he trains me for the +5 strength.

is this a bug?
Post Tue Nov 27, 2001 10:33 pm

Sveinung
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Don't kill Mud! Because he is the only friend you have at the start of the game.
Post Wed Nov 28, 2001 12:31 am

man that sounds like fun all that shit to do, i should have my full version right now kickin some ass if the shitheads at eb didnt FUCK UP MY ORDER FUCK!!!!!
Post Wed Nov 28, 2001 1:32 am

You get the horatio training( permanent Strength +5) when u say the right stuff. I don't know the phrases in the english version, but in the german it's something like ...blabla, yes only against the mean guys, always with justice...bla.
And yeah, kick tem azzez, Yaah! Buka buka
The FUU
Post Wed Nov 28, 2001 1:34 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next