Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Arrow shortage: Is there any way to cheat to get more arrows
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Spoilers, Tips & Tricks

Author Thread

I beat up an arrow merchant and now he won't sell me arrows anymore and always find I have arrow shortages. Normally, I don't like to use cheats, but I really hate having to waste time running from one town to the next trying to get more arrows. Is there any way to get more arrows in the game using cheats?
Post Sat Jan 19, 2002 9:32 pm

mersil
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

wasting time runnin from town to town ?

hmm....next time your in town BUY Enough to last awhile.
Post Sat Jan 19, 2002 11:28 pm
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

I do not know insert command for arrows or bolts. So maybe they are not (and maybe I only do not know them).
Certain amount of arrows reapeare only once in beginning of every chapter (so buy them all, or let them there - you will not lose them, because on beginning of next chapter there will apeare just more of them).
In game is not sortage of arrows (If you will not fire them in wall for one hour).
Post Sun Jan 20, 2002 12:28 am
Jaegermeister2k
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Just beat him up again and take those damn arrows.I sell people stuff,then i beat them up and take my money back,they can keep the useless stuff though.
Post Sun Jan 20, 2002 12:39 am
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

quote:

On 2002-01-19 18:39, Jaegermeister2k wrote:
Just beat him up again and take those damn arrows.I sell people stuff,then i beat them up and take my money back,they can keep the useless stuff though.

you should be good hero in this game not such...
Post Sun Jan 20, 2002 12:51 am

I can only buy 50 arrows at a time from a merchant, then they will not sell you any more until a certain amount of time has passed(not sure how long that is). Not enough to last me very long with only a 10 bow skill.
Post Sun Jan 20, 2002 12:54 am

iplaygames2
Master of The Realms
Master of The Realms

who sells only 50 arrows?? I've always been able to buy all the bolts/arrows the merchants have?? Anyone else heard of this??

Post Sun Jan 20, 2002 3:06 am
Pecker
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I've got over 1000 arrows and bolts and no cheats required.Don't forget the old mine has npcs with items for sale.Take your time and find all your resources.Don't rush through the game enjoy the challenge.
Post Sun Jan 20, 2002 7:44 am
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

quote:

On 2002-01-19 18:54, Anonymous wrote:
I can only buy 50 arrows at a time from a merchant, then they will not sell you any more until a certain amount of time has passed(not sure how long that is). Not enough to last me very long with only a 10 bow skill.

As i said monsters, arrows, new weapons, ore, everything is respowning always on beginning of every chapter.
But there is enough arrows also for first chapter tough it is very long. You can by arrows from:
- Fisk (near rear entrance to OC)
- Cavalorn (on the way from OC to NC)
- Wolf (in NCs cave)
- Silas (bar in NC)
- Trader in Old mine
- Second trader in Old mine
- Darrion (the blacksmith)

And maybe they are not all, but they are all avalaible to you now. They have enough arrows for you as I said...
Post Sun Jan 20, 2002 8:07 am
Xerxes712
High Emperor
High Emperor

You can pickpocket bow guards for random arrows.

Use marvin mode cheat to possess a bow guard and have him drop the arrows.

Even while in chapter 1 or any, all people can be repeatedly stolen from. They regenerate thier stuff after a while. The prisoner beat up for food, wait a time, then beat him up again when he starts to eat. Food respawns randomly all the time during any given chapter.

So it is with arrows and bolts. They will respawn also, on the person bow guard you stolen them from using pickpocket or just beat the cr@p out of him and take some.

There is an item cheat I had and try to find it and it works. It is real simple but it was in german words. It is not listed any sites. I am trying to find it.

I found it from the RPGDot.com online cheat guide under bows it is

marvin mode use command insert item: itamarrow and itambolt
Post Sat Nov 02, 2002 3:53 am