Daedric assassins undercover?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Oblivion - Spoilers

Author Thread
Neo_Genesis
The Assassin
The Assassin

Daedric assassins undercover?

While having one of my "happy hours" -- going on a killing spree without saving -- and having the whole imperial city after me, I came across a person named Ulen Athram. As expected from me, I gave him one of my shiny silver arrows as a gift, but suddenly the sneaky deadric follower changef himself into an Assassin. After having killed him, he changed back, and no traces of the Assassin were to be found. No sword, not clothes, no nothing.

Anyone knows if this is related to some sort of quest later on? -- if so, please don't start explaining that quest in detail --, is it a bug, or just a small "easter egg" in the game?

And if anyone else has found some, are there other persons who are in reality an Assassin.

P.s. for those who want to search for Ulen, I found him in the Arena District, at the time where people start going back to their house.

Last edited by Neo_Genesis on Sat Apr 22, 2006 5:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Fri Apr 21, 2006 4:18 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

I think each major city has at least one undercover Mythic Dawn assassin - people who, when you come close enough, suddenly whip out their 'bound armor' spell and go berserk. They usually carry the key to their house with them, and if you go and search the place, you'll invariably discover a Mythic Dawn book among their belongings.

I've met - and killed - several of these Mythic Dawn assassins (in one case the city guard got her before she reached me)... seems to be a phenomenon related to the one in Tribunal, if you know what I mean.
Post Fri Apr 21, 2006 4:47 pm
Moriendor
Black Ring Leader
Black Ring Leader

I'm pretty sure this is related to your advancement in the main quest. I only went to Weynon Priory early in the game and then didn't pursue the main quest any further for quite some time.
Travelled to every city in the game, picked up lots of quests etc... and there was not a single Mythic Dawn attack ever.
The attacks started after I continued on the main quest. Definitely has to do with the Mythic Dawn Commentary books since the books are not a part of the loot tables until you learn about them.
So far, I've had one attack in every city I went to after this particular story event. Contrary to you, I was attacked in the Market District of Imp City instead of the Arena District though so maybe the attacks are random or Imp City has one attack "event" for each district. Who knows?
Doesn't seem to be anything special though but just a way to create a little more tension so you don't feel too safe out there. Just like all those Oblivion gates. Seems like Bethesda wanted to make sure that players can really feel that there's something very wrong with Cyrodiil .
Post Sat Apr 22, 2006 9:32 pm
argent1970
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

i've been attacked inside inns and out on the street. i don't think it's just one per city, i think the roots of the mythic dawn go deep...
Post Sun Apr 23, 2006 5:49 pm