Wizardry8 : The Fact & Beauty
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Wizardry 8

Author Thread
mustafa
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Wizardry8 : The Fact & Beauty

Last year I bought Wiz8 and played it more than 10 times till the end of the game. Being a RPG fan, a few months back I bought Neverwinter Nights & Morrowind. I played NWN & Morrowind for a few hours. I was amazed at the look & feel and the detailed 3D graphics. Yes the creatures in Morrowind are strange-looking but the graphics detail is stunning. But after a few hours I lost interest in both NWN & Morrowind.
Now i got a few off hours from my work. I can't offer for a new game, so i decided to try out Morrowind since I didn't complete it. I went as far as meeting Zainsubani in Ald-ruhn and then getting the Bonebiter bow for the Urshilaku camp and eventually lost interest. Yes graphics is solid, terrain is
good, sky is good, but... I don't get the interest when I play it. I thought of playing NWN but soon dropped it.
I took Wiz8 to play and now I got all the 3 objects (4 if you count the helm also) and going deep inside the Rapax Castle Upper level. And most of all i'm enjoying it fully. Here are my tips for speeding up battles:- (1) Set combat speed to maximum, monster movement speed to maximum, (2) During battle spell Freeze All. This will paralyze many and so they cannot get their turns as long as they are paralyzed. I call this as "Stealing Turns". So you can get your turns quickly.
Wizardry8 indeed stands by its playability and not by mere graphics.
Post Thu Jun 12, 2003 5:16 am
Bilbo
High Emperor
High Emperor

Welcome to the forum, Mustafa.

Wiz8 is very playable. You can do a lot of things "against the book" just because you want to and still have a good party and win the game.

Somewhere here is also a link to Wizfast to speed up the combat in the game.
Post Thu Jun 12, 2003 5:41 am
mustafa
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

my party

Heres my party: Ninja (F Human), Rogue (M Hobbit), Alchemist (M Human), Priest (F Human), Valkyrie (F Human), Mage (F Dwarf).
I first completed the peace mission and then I recruited Glumph. So I don't need to release Glumph and can permanently keep him. He often complains but that is ok, no drop in skills/attributes anywhere I go. And then I recruited RFS-81. The only place he complains is Rapax Away Camp. My formation is always 3/5/0. My party can chunk out around 350 to 561 hit points per turn.
Post Mon Jun 16, 2003 4:47 am
otter
One of Us

happy hunting!
Post Mon Jun 16, 2003 8:34 am