Does my character need to sleep?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Arx Fatalis

Author Thread
Thormiel
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Does my character need to sleep?

Ok, silly question I know, but I could swear my character said that he needs to sleep now, when he was browing the books in the castle library. And at least I haven't found any way to let him rest / sleep.
Post Sun Aug 24, 2003 7:34 am
BSC14
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

Re: Does my character need to sleep?

quote:
Originally posted by Thormiel
Ok, silly question I know, but I could swear my character said that he needs to sleep now, when he was browing the books in the castle library. And at least I haven't found any way to let him rest / sleep.

No. I'm sure it was the guards.
Post Sun Aug 24, 2003 12:30 pm
Thormiel
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Bah, silly me. He said "eat", not "sleep".

Another question, how do I become a friend to the trolls so that they won't attack me? I helped their king to get that idol back already. Is there anything else I need to do?
Post Sun Aug 24, 2003 2:36 pm
BSC14
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

quote:
Bah, silly me. He said "eat", not "sleep".

Another question, how do I become a friend to the trolls so that they won't attack me? I helped their king to get that idol back already. Is there anything else I need to do?

Go here. http://arx.rpgdot.com/index.php?hsaction=10062&game=arx&l1=Files&infoID=124

It's your friend! I would have been lost with out it!

But then why be friends with them? I enjoy killing them.
Post Sun Aug 24, 2003 3:29 pm
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Trolls and food?

BSC14 is right about the PDF file. Also did you install the latest patch for the game? He has a tape worm in original version of game. After patch he doesn't drive you nuts asking for food. Although he does still need to eat every now and then.
Mark Twain
Post Mon Aug 25, 2003 12:41 am
Thormiel
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Aye, I got the walkthrough file and found the wayward troll. Thank you.

There is one confusing thing in the walkthrough regarding the earth and water goblin clans. Is it recommended to kill both clans, because that way the traders on that level won't get attacked and killed? Or is it better to help one clan, so that they then kill the traders, and you can get all the items on the trader for free?
Post Mon Aug 25, 2003 8:53 am
BSC14
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

quote:
Aye, I got the walkthrough file and found the wayward troll. Thank you.

There is one confusing thing in the walkthrough regarding the earth and water goblin clans. Is it recommended to kill both clans, because that way the traders on that level won't get attacked and killed? Or is it better to help one clan, so that they then kill the traders, and you can get all the items on the trader for free?

Let them kill the traders then...... KILL THEM ALL!
Post Mon Aug 25, 2003 12:48 pm
OctU
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

The traders will only get attacked by some avenging goblins if you kill BOTH goblin clans.

Contrary to the walkthrough information, you will NOT be able to get all the trader's goodies for free when they have been killed by goblins. Their wares simply disappear from their chests, and do not show up any where else on that level. So if you want the added experience points for taking out both goblin clans and the treasure "rewards" offered by each of them for killing the other, make sure you buy everything you need from the traders first.
Post Mon Aug 25, 2003 3:15 pm
BSC14
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

quote:
Originally posted by OctU
The traders will only get attacked by some avenging goblins if you kill BOTH goblin clans.

Contrary to the walkthrough information, you will NOT be able to get all the trader's goodies for free when they have been killed by goblins. Their wares simply disappear from their chests, and do not show up any where else on that level. So if you want the added experience points for taking out both goblin clans and the treasure "rewards" offered by each of them for killing the other, make sure you buy everything you need from the traders first.

Are you sure? That's what I thought also but then when I ran into the goblins there was a ton of stuff in the area they were hanging out at. I thought for sure it was the traders stuff. I've never seem a goblins with runes.
Post Mon Aug 25, 2003 3:21 pm
OctU
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Make a careful inventory of all the trader's wares before they are attacked. Compare it to the miscellaneous items strewn about their cave (or throughout the entire level, for that matter) after they are killed. They will not match.
Post Mon Aug 25, 2003 3:55 pm
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Clans and traders!

I can't speek to who kills the traders or if it only happens after the two clans are killed, but killing the clans will get you exp. points and that is main reason for them to be there. Every item the traders had may not be moved by the goblins that kill them, but on that same level, after Twins are found dead by you, you will find another small group of goblins with two chests full of more stuff than you can carry. If all their stuff is not there then it is at least all the really good stuff, and those scrolls, rings, potions and lockpic sets are more than enough to satisfy anyone. It doesn't sound like OctU found the chests. (Spoiler) If you want to do a little side quest for the fun of it, kill the water goblins first, so you get the treasure from them. Just a funny twist to the game.
Mark Twain
Post Mon Aug 25, 2003 5:30 pm
OctU
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Re: Clans and traders!

quote:
Originally posted by cmckj50
Every item the traders had may not be moved by the goblins that kill them, but on that same level, after Twins are found dead by you, you will find another small group of goblins with two chests full of more stuff than you can carry. If all their stuff is not there then it is at least all the really good stuff, and those scrolls, rings, potions and lockpic sets are more than enough to satisfy anyone. It doesn't sound like OctU found the chests.

Um, the goblin chests of goodies you refer to do NOT include some of the runes you can only get from the twin traders BEFORE they are killed. For the characters focusing on magic, this could hardly be considered "satisfying".
Post Mon Aug 25, 2003 5:44 pm
BSC14
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

Re: Clans and traders!

quote:
Originally posted by cmckj50
I can't speek to who kills the traders or if it only happens after the two clans are killed, but killing the clans will get you exp. points and that is main reason for them to be there. Every item the traders had may not be moved by the goblins that kill them, but on that same level, after Twins are found dead by you, you will find another small group of goblins with two chests full of more stuff than you can carry. If all their stuff is not there then it is at least all the really good stuff, and those scrolls, rings, potions and lockpic sets are more than enough to satisfy anyone. It doesn't sound like OctU found the chests. (Spoiler) If you want to do a little side quest for the fun of it, kill the water goblins first, so you get the treasure from them. Just a funny twist to the game.

^
Yeah that's what I was talking about. 2 chest in that room as you go down a few stairs I think. Tons of stuff in there.
Post Mon Aug 25, 2003 5:46 pm
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Runes

OctU maybe right about all the runes not being there. I always bought the runes on my first encounter with the twins, left to do a few other quests with my new powers, and then came back for the rest of the stuff later. Next time I play I'll wait and see if all the runes get moved, but I do know there are runes in the chests after the twins die, because I took them last week. I didn't check the before and after inventory however.
Mark Twain
Post Mon Aug 25, 2003 5:55 pm