Usergroups
Gothic II.... legend or loser???
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
ziBzi
Necromancer
Necromancer

now back on topic guys.. were saying that Gothic is a legend right..but how many sequels does it take to make a true legend??? i hope about 40 personaly..lol
but what if they just stop making Gothics!!! its good to know that GII is on its way,, and GIII is in production is great!! but i just hope they dont make the mistake of letting our heroe die or settle down or something lol in GIII!!!!
Post Wed May 14, 2003 10:32 pm
Shrapnel
Rocket Scientist
Rocket Scientist

ZiBzi,
Your red eye is disturbing
Secondly, since your last topic got locked, I wanted to tell you that if you want a game close to (or at least as close as possible) to Gothic, get Ultima 9...its really old and youll need a high end machine to run it, but if you can find it I'm pretty sure you wont be disappointed, its looks like its the engine G1 was based on, they even have similar graphics, but like some have posted, Gothic got it a lil more polished than U9 (nothing as high end machine wont fix though) and its got high replayability too
Post Tue May 27, 2003 3:32 pm
WeaponX
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Legend

Legend, yes, this is true, but to whom? The precious few who have had the pleasure of making memories of their first adventure in the world of Gothic.
Post Tue May 27, 2003 9:11 pm
Shrapnel
Rocket Scientist
Rocket Scientist

huh?
Post Wed May 28, 2003 1:17 pm
ziBzi
Necromancer
Necromancer

ok.. does anyone know what "Gorasul", this is off topic, but i have just seen a random pic of it on this page and it looks very good, any how, i cant find U9 in the shops anywhere, i have been looking for it for a long time now but nothing,

Now does anyone have some new GII news because i have not been updated for about 1 week now.

And i know it is not a RPG but the game "Freelancer" would have been great if you could have actualy joined one of the guilds, but i have not totaly completed the game but i am close to it, and i still have not joined a guild.
But "trent" the main character did say he was getting a little tired of freelancing, so fingers crossed.

i have baught so many games in the last few weeks to keep me busy until the release of GII here is a list:

Baldurs gate:shadow of amn
Baldurs gate:Throne of Bhaal
Diablo II
Diablo II Expansion: lord of destruction
Starcraft
Myst III
Fallout II
Championship manager 4
Sniper:Path of Vengeance
Rise of nations
Freelancer

But they didnt all cost the max price..actual none of them were over £10, if you know what i mean. I know i few guys ,wink wink.

I must say the only game out of all them i actually got into was freelancer. Sniper didnt work but i was looking forward to playing it. Rise of nations is a leap back to the past. and fallout ,diablo were great in there time but now they are a little to nintendo for me.
Post Wed May 28, 2003 11:01 pm
maximAL
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Re: whos thinks

quote:
Originally posted by ziBzi
what yous guys think about the new AI in GII... the NPC's sound amazing..i want to know everything about the AI

erm, i don't wanna kill anybodies dreams, but as in G1, there is no such thing like an AI. everything the NPCs do is scripted, what is something completely different than an AI. and although this is actually ok for the gane, it's really obvious, you can "see" every instruction of the script.
and the monsters aren't any better. as in G1 they're running along their scripted paths, and when you get near enough, they attack you. and attacking means just running straight into your direction, mostly without paying attention to obstacles or gorges. this is much to obvious again, because it leads to this stupid "1 step forward - 1 monster comes - run back - kill it - go for next monster" - game.
all this is one of my main points of criticism, this definatly has to change in G3.
Post Sat May 31, 2003 1:18 pm
ziBzi
Necromancer
Necromancer

Nice way to brighting up my saturday night maximAL.

You got to look at the game in alot of more ways than that.
Use your imaginations a little, i mean we got to sometimes. You must be living in the 30th century.
Post Sat May 31, 2003 4:48 pm
maximAL
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

oh sorry that i stand the hype
G2 has weak points, things that could be better, things that we've seen already years ago in other games...
but nevertheless, it's a fantastic game and i'm really the last one telling you it isn't worth it's money.
Post Sat May 31, 2003 8:37 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2