Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Can I put a costant effect enchant on my armor?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
freakinaye
High Emperor
High Emperor

Can I put a costant effect enchant on my armor?

I just started all this enchanted stuff and they seem to be based on what spells you know from what I am seeing. What I want to be able to do is echanct my weapon with a constant effect of some skill or atribute. Is this possible and if it is, how do I do it?
Post Tue May 14, 2002 5:26 pm
Aprogas
Village Leader
Village Leader

It is possible but you will need a very strong soul to be able to do it. Such a soul will only fit in a grand soul gem, and you probably will not encounter any enemy with a strong enough soul in the beginning of the game.
Post Tue May 14, 2002 5:43 pm
freakinaye
High Emperor
High Emperor

Okay the problem I am having is the enchanters that I got to...seem to have only the effects that seem to match my spells that I have. I had like 5 deadra lord's in grand soul gems but I don't see any constant effect as I choice to pick.
Post Tue May 14, 2002 5:51 pm
Cannibal
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

You have to know a spell before you can enchant an item with it. So, buy all the spells that you can find.
Post Tue May 14, 2002 6:37 pm

But your skill in enchant controlls the power of the spell right, not your skill in the spell's school.
Post Tue May 14, 2002 6:41 pm

To make a constant enchantment, you need the soul of a Golden Saint. Dont know if there are any stronger souls int he game. Havent find any yet, anyway. Needless to say, you can only trap Golden Saints in grand stoulgems. Good luck!!
Post Tue May 14, 2002 7:00 pm

freakinaye
High Emperor
High Emperor

Okay I can kill a golden saint and when I have a golden saint in a grand gem and I go to a enchanter (because I am not a caster...just have sould trap spell) The possible enchanting effects that I put into it are spells that I know....I don't see any spells that give a constant effect so how do I get a constant effect witha golden saint if they don't offer a constant effect as a possibility to choose from....How do I get constant effect as a choice in the first place?

I can't figure out any other way to ask this quiestion because the only responses I am getting is trap something buff but that is not the problem...the problem is getting a constant effect to appear in the choices to do so.

Am I explaining the question right...or am I all messed up.
Post Tue May 14, 2002 7:21 pm
Glass

Your question makes sense, but unfortunately, I probably won't give you the answer you're looking for.

You create a constant spell effect by changing when/how the item casts the spell (when used, when strikes, used once for scrolls). However, I've trapped plenty of golden saints and haven't been able to select "Constant Effect" yet.

My theory is that only certain types of items can be combined with certain spells in order to create a constant effect item, but I haven't had the chance to test it yet, so I can't give you any more information.

Anyone else out there had any luck creating constant effect items through enchanting?
Post Tue May 14, 2002 7:36 pm

freakinaye
High Emperor
High Emperor

Oh well...I figure it has to be able to be done since you can get armor with constant effects.

I have a full set of glass and now starting to capture high end mobs but unfornunately glass armor doesn't have a whole big enchanting value (I don't know what to call that but it is how high of an enchant you can get on it.) I have seen the different choices like when used and strikes and stuff like that and I see that just because the spells that I know work that way. If I do my own enchanting will I get a different way of doing things or will it be the same. I am thinking that maybe I can find some bad ass ecchanter that maybe can do constant effects. I guess I just want my glass armor to be all shiny...and a constant effect would at least come to some use because this fortify agi for like 20 secs is a big waste of time....
Post Tue May 14, 2002 7:49 pm
Incindium
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

I read somehere that you needed to have a soul gem that had 300+ spell points in it and an item that would hold 300+ points to be able to select constant effect as an option when enchanting.
Post Tue May 14, 2002 7:52 pm
freakinaye
High Emperor
High Emperor

What freakin item would have 300+ enchanting to it...My glass cuirass has like 15...this sucks.
Post Tue May 14, 2002 7:55 pm
freakinaye
High Emperor
High Emperor

woot...off the subject but I am promoted to head merchant

sorry....just a little silly today
Post Tue May 14, 2002 7:57 pm
Uruz
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

The amount of enchanting an item can hold has no bearing in my experience. I can get constant effect on anything as long as I have a Grand Soul Gem with a Golden Saint inside that has the value of 80K. They seem to be worth the most, I have trapped Dremora Lords and even a Dragoth. I think an Ascended Sleeper is worth 80k but my memory could be failing me.
Post Wed May 15, 2002 5:17 am
freakinaye
High Emperor
High Emperor

I will have to try with the golden saint. For some reason I could not do it and thought a grand soul gem was not large enough, but I wil give it another shot...tks for the help guys.
Post Wed May 15, 2002 1:10 pm
OhBrandi
The Pun-Slayer
The Pun-Slayer

quote:
Originally posted by Uruz
I can get constant effect on anything as long as I have a Grand Soul Gem with a Golden Saint inside that has the value of 80K. They seem to be worth the most, I have trapped Dremora Lords and even a Dragoth. I think an Ascended Sleeper is worth 80k but my memory could be failing me.

Describe an instance of constant effect please.

What spell(s) and item did you use and what was the result?

Perhaps that will help explain how to do it.

Kaitlin the Darkeyed

=Member of The Nonflamers' Guild=
=Neverwinter Nights Co-Moderator=
Post Wed May 15, 2002 4:51 pm

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next