View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > MMORPGs General

Author Thread
Snoekie
Baron of the Court
Baron of the Court

Interested in AC2? Then read this

http://www.ac-2.net/features/e3/info.php

It's a nice report of news that has come out of E3 regarding Asherons Call 2.
Eventhough it's not really official news I found it a very interesting read.
Enjoy
Post Sat May 25, 2002 7:11 pm

ac2(.net) forever!!!! ahhh yes im arcano in the forums there btw
Post Sat May 25, 2002 9:44 pm

Ammon777
Warrior for Heaven
Warrior for Heaven

I just cant believe Microsoft and Turbine are ALLOWING third-party cheat programs. What a bunch of BS.
Post Fri Jul 26, 2002 6:00 pm
Provis
High Emperor
High Emperor

I don't think they are talking about programs simalar to the once infamous UO Extreme (cheat tool that allowed people to edit their walking speed, macroing of skill, etc). They are more likely to be talking about programs that act similar to the UO Mage Tool (tool that simplified magic using). I don't know if UO Mage Tool still exists, it was WAYYYY back in 99 when I quit UO.

"Yea, so what I didn't like Planescape: Torment, what are you gonna do about it?" - Provis
Post Fri Jul 26, 2002 7:44 pm
Xanaki
Ghost of Asheron
Ghost of Asheron

Ammon777, do not be so negative. I can say that they have something in sleeve for the cheaters. In AC1 cheating is widely popular and the devs can not really do much about it because of the CoC.. but the CoC can change.

Besides, what kind of BS did you mean?
Post Fri Jul 26, 2002 7:49 pm
Ammon777
Warrior for Heaven
Warrior for Heaven

sorry for being so negative. BS is an acronymn for Bite-Sized; meaning, its just a bunch of Bite-Sized stuff. know what i mean? hahaha no you dont! I DONT EVEN KNOW WHAT I MEAN! DOH!
Post Sat Jul 27, 2002 5:40 am
Xanaki
Ghost of Asheron
Ghost of Asheron

LOL, I meant what fears did you have with third party programs I know myself that AC1 was pretty much ruined because of all the cheating, macroing and such. Every good hunting spot was filled with combat macroers who just wanted to level up as fast as they could.

But there also were lot of useful third party applications and plugins which did not count as cheating.
Post Sat Jul 27, 2002 7:57 am
Xanaki
Ghost of Asheron
Ghost of Asheron

By the way Ammon777, Turbine has this statement in their FAQ:

Will combat macroing be allowed in AC2?

No. Our players have spoken, and we are responding to them: using artificial means to gain experience, wealth or items from creatures or any other sources besides yourself or other players will get you and all your characters immediately banned from the game with no warning.

Does that help a bit
Post Sat Jul 27, 2002 2:08 pm
Ammon777
Warrior for Heaven
Warrior for Heaven

Yeah that makes me feel a tad more positive, hehe.
Post Mon Aug 05, 2002 2:38 am
Shrapnel
Rocket Scientist
Rocket Scientist

quote:
Originally posted by Ammon777
sorry for being so negative. BS is an acronymn for Bite-Sized; meaning, its just a bunch of Bite-Sized stuff. know what i mean? hahaha no you dont! I DONT EVEN KNOW WHAT I MEAN! DOH!

NICE!! I gota remember that one
Post Thu Nov 14, 2002 8:44 pm
xSamhainx
Paws of Doom
Paws of Doom

Im there, either AC2 or Realms of Torment. Been looking for a new MMORPG to sink some life into. More than likely Im doing AC2, by the time im burned out on that, ROT will be out ='.'=
“Then away out in the woods I heard that kind of a sound that a ghost makes when it wants to tell about something that's on its mind and can't make itself understood, and so can't rest easy in its grave, and has to go about that way every night grieving.”-Mark Twain
Post Sun Nov 24, 2002 8:16 am
Elco
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I refuse to buy a pile of unfinished game design such as AC2, but right up to the end of beta combat macroing wsa fully supported iin game, only it was called the lugian tactician turret skill.
Post Fri Dec 06, 2002 10:39 am
xSamhainx
Paws of Doom
Paws of Doom

Its officially out now, and 90% of what i read is good. Ah, you know, whats 50 bucks, you get to try it for a month ='.'=

But then again, you dont get that month of your life back! lol
“Then away out in the woods I heard that kind of a sound that a ghost makes when it wants to tell about something that's on its mind and can't make itself understood, and so can't rest easy in its grave, and has to go about that way every night grieving.”-Mark Twain
Post Sun Dec 08, 2002 1:37 am
freakinaye
High Emperor
High Emperor

well I love AC2 compared to EQ like I used to play. I can actually run around and I don't get xp for just sitting in one spot and doing the same thing all freakin day long. I have to run to areas and kill certain things and collect items for crazy xp. I also like not having to have 2 backpacks full of food and water. I like not running our of arrows. I like that since I can't play that long every day I can still level up pretty good and still keep up with everyone else.

=Member of the Worshippers of The Written Word, The Nonflamers' Guild, The RPGdot Warriors, The Philosophers' Circle=

"Don't go away mad...just go away!"
Post Wed Dec 11, 2002 12:34 am
xSamhainx
Paws of Doom
Paws of Doom

Thats what i hear, and the musical instruments sound kinda fun too! The instant converting loot thing, and being able to craft your own stuff pretty easily sounds pretty attractive alright
Post Thu Dec 12, 2002 7:53 am