Members
Usergroups
A first glimpse of the 'Ultima X: Odyssey' logo
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > News Comments

Author Thread
Garrett

A first glimpse of the 'Ultima X: Odyssey' logo

A few weeks ago we reported about rumors, that EA is doing an Ultima X, but as an MMORPG. While the news itself was good, the MMORPG thing was not, as most of our readers also commented. Now, <A href="http://uo.stratics.com/news/GeneralNews.shtml" target=_blank>UO Stratics</A> has posted a <A href="http://uo.stratics.com/uopictures/UltimaX_large.jpg" target=_blank>possible logo of the game</A>, which was...
<BLOCKQUOTE><I>apparently taken in the last couple days at the corporate offices of Electronic Arts during an "MOG Demonstration".</I></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>I have no idea, what an 'MOG Demonstration' is - and whether this is picture is fake or not, no one knows (except the people at Origin & EA), but if the game exists, it seems to be subtitled 'Odyssey' and it is quite certain, that it will be online game. More news here as they become available!<BR><BR><I>Thanks to Andreas for the news.</I>
Post Sun Jun 15, 2003 7:42 pm
Andreas_Darkmoon

Re: A first glimpse of the 'Ultima X: Odyssey' logo

quote:
Originally posted by Garrett
I>Thanks to Andreas for the news.</I>

No problem

I thought about the term "MOG".
Maybe it means "Multiplayer Online Game".
Maybe it won't be a Massively Multiplayer Online Game but instead you will walk around in Britannia in a small party and maybe there will be a story you can follow with a few friends...
Post Sun Jun 15, 2003 8:01 pm

Garrett

Whatever will earn EA more money, that's the type of game it will be!
Post Sun Jun 15, 2003 8:05 pm
Hyrrix
Fourty-two
Fourty-two

MOG should be Massive Online Game normally yes... I wonder why they would go mmorpg though, after UO2?
Ah well, Richard Garriott is gone there, and after Ultima IX I wouldn't even trust him anymore
I think a game with a name as "Ultima" can ultimately (*g*) only disappoint.
Post Sun Jun 15, 2003 8:12 pm
Farscry
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

When they canned UO2, they lost my support for the Ultima Online franchise. Everything about that game had me excited; I even read all the fiction they had up on the site!

Blarg.
Post Sun Jun 15, 2003 9:21 pm
Corvwyn

Tell me about it. I was preparing to make a background for my character, and then they went ahead and canned it.

I must say that I have little respect for EA's way of handling ultima's future. They need to limit their over-capitalistic ways...
Post Fri Jun 27, 2003 9:14 pm