View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Troubleshooting

Author Thread
The Giver
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

#(*#&$(#* HELP!

@(*&#($*@&#(

In the mine I couldn't get the frigg'n gate to open so I used the advice given in the cheat section. I typed marvin and k to get through the gate. I killed the queen and started my way up and out of the mine. I decided after 2 hours of play i should save the game and rejoin my real family lol. I hadn't completely left the mine..i saved it right infront of the leader of the mine (name escapes me).

Next day.... click icon on desktop to start game...it loads to the companies logo and then Gothic screen....it just sits THERE! The little screen that has load, save and such never shows! I restarted the computer and even turned it off!!

Did that damn marvin thing jack the game up?

HELP! This is only the second RPG i've ever played and this is the second game with crap loads of bugs!
Post Wed Dec 25, 2002 6:34 pm
The Giver
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

WHY IS NO ONE ANSWERING ME?! ............ i guess it's time to start a different game..
Post Fri Dec 27, 2002 6:47 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

quote:
Originally posted by The Giver
WHY IS NO ONE ANSWERING ME?!

Christmas?!?
Stop shouting.

quote:
I decided after 2 hours of play i should save the game

Bad idea. Two hours is too long, for every RPG. Thereīs also a reason most RPGs have more than one save slot.

quote:
i saved it right infront of the leader of the mine (name escapes me).

Ian.

quote:
The little screen that has load, save and such never shows!

Sounds like your Gothic installation got corrupted. If the screen doesnīt appear within a few minutes you should try to uninstall and reinstall. Donīt forget to copy your saves folder to another location.

Installing patch 1.08k is also worth a try. Maybe youīre lucky and it replaces the corrupted files.

quote:
Did that damn marvin thing jack the game up?

Unlikely. Appr. 50.000 people used this cheat before you and didnīt have this problem.

quote:
This is only the second RPG i've ever played and this is the second game with crap loads of bugs!
Thatīs easy to explain. RPGs are by far the most complicated genre. FPSs only have to concentrate on f/x and short distance action, RTSs on micromanagement and action, adventures on puzzles and story. RPGs have to take care of all of this. I donīt even remember when the last (relatively) bugfree RPG came out.
Post Fri Dec 27, 2002 9:36 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Update: Somebody posted this problem with Gothic II in the official boards. Copy your gothic.ini to another location, then delete the original and try to start the game.
Post Fri Dec 27, 2002 10:27 pm