Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Two semi-stupid questions... Please help...
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
THNihilist
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Two semi-stupid questions... Please help...

Sorry to have to ask, but I couldn't find answers to these 2 n00b questions anywhere already posted...

1. How can I blend tobacco using an alchemist's table? I have apple tobacco, honey, mushrooms, swampweed, and plenty of flasks. But when I click on the table, all I get is the END message (even though he is going through the motions of making something...). I'm have no other alchemy skills, if it makes a difference. I just wanna make some tobacco.

2. I'm delaying the end of Ch 1; trying to level a bit and wrap up some quests. So far, I haven't found anyone that will give me additional training in skinning (for stingers, horns, etc.). Will I get that later on, or am I missing something/someone important? I'm the bowmaker's apprentice, so I'd like to be able to collect more than just skins.

Thanks in advance for the help...

EDIT: I thought of one more... I'm having a really hard time finding sorrell; are there any places that are better than others to look? Thanks again...
Post Mon Aug 11, 2003 9:00 pm
SirDeity
Gothic's Loyal Hero
Gothic's Loyal Hero

"The only stupid question is one not asked." --Unknown

• Before you can blend tobacco you have to have already learned alchemy. Once you learn alchemy, you'll be able to blend tobacco, but you'll have to learn individual recipes if you want to make potions too.

• The NPCs that teach you to collect trophies are usually located on paths or in areas not populated by many other NPCs. Do some exploring and you'll find the NPCs that are out hunting, these NPCs will teach you looting skills. (Hint: One is near the Black Troll, and another is near the pass to the entrance to the Valley of Mines.)

• King's Sorrel is usually located near rubble or rocks. Try looking off the path. There are several in high locations. There are also some near one of those sacrificial pillar circles. (I forgot what they're called, sorry.) (Hint: There might be one in the tomb near the mercenary's camp.)

I am the founder and former leader of a guild in EQ, retired member of The Code in EQ, original member of KOE in AOE2, past Corporal of EVO in MOHAA, respected veteran of UT 2003, a conquerer of all decent games, and an aspiring game developer.

Gothic's Loyal Hero, SirDeity
Post Mon Aug 11, 2003 10:32 pm
THNihilist
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Cool, thanks for your help!

Now I can get back to playing without that nagging feeling that I'm missing out on something important to my character...

Tonight, my mercenary archer/thief takes on the black troll. I sure hope that there's a ledge somewhere nearby to shoot from... Otherwise I sha'n't last long...
Post Mon Aug 11, 2003 10:59 pm
Shurik
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

what tobaco potion is good for?
Post Tue Aug 12, 2003 12:41 am
THNihilist
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

It's not a potion, really. You use the alchemist's table to make new blends of tobacco for various people around town...
Post Tue Aug 12, 2003 12:43 am
SirDeity
Gothic's Loyal Hero
Gothic's Loyal Hero

Use the search method to find already existing threads that cover this topic. The Honey Tobacco, Mushroom Tobacco, and Herb Tobacco can be given to certain NPCs in exchange for an experience reward.
I am the founder and former leader of a guild in EQ, retired member of The Code in EQ, original member of KOE in AOE2, past Corporal of EVO in MOHAA, respected veteran of UT 2003, a conquerer of all decent games, and an aspiring game developer.

Post Tue Aug 12, 2003 1:46 am
THNihilist
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Damn. Okay, my original problem with the tobacco alchemy isn't solved.

I finished Constantino's herb quest and made him happy, but he won't teach me anything. The other alchemist in the harbor area will teach me, but only the heal and mana potion-making skills come up on the menu. No general-ish alchemy skill that will let me make tobacco variants.

I'm already the boyer's apprentice and in the mercenary faction. Did I just wait too long to run Constantino's errand and miss out on an alchemy skill? Or is there somewhere else I can get it? Or am I forgetting to do something?

I really want to blend the tobacco - please help!
Post Tue Aug 12, 2003 4:07 am
SirDeity
Gothic's Loyal Hero
Gothic's Loyal Hero

Do you have any Swampweed or Apple Tobacco in your inventory? You can buy Apple Tobacco from Zarius or whatever his name is, in the market area. You can find Swampweed near the pond/water at the beginning of the path near the lighthouse.

Post Tue Aug 12, 2003 4:11 am
THNihilist
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Yes, I have everything that I should need (please see #1 of my first post). I have weed, mushrooms, tobacco, honey, jars, everything.

It just won't let me make the stuff. When I use the table, I just get a text screen that says "END".

I'm getting *so* frustrated with it...
Post Tue Aug 12, 2003 4:15 am
SirDeity
Gothic's Loyal Hero
Gothic's Loyal Hero

I can only think that you must not have learned the basic alchemy skill yet. Try talking to the old medicine witch in the cave behind Onar's farm. Perhaps she can teach you, assuming neither of the two alchemists in the city of Khorinis can.

Sorry I couldn't help more. I've never experienced or heard of anyone else experiencing your problem before.

Post Tue Aug 12, 2003 4:22 am
THNihilist
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Hmmm... I'll try talking to her right now. Thanks for the new idea.
Post Tue Aug 12, 2003 4:28 am
Hard_Worker
Village Leader
Village Leader

m8 listen in order to do tobacoo

you need to to have a Lab bottle ( you can buy it from the alchematic in the harbor , from constatino and from diffrent people )

and you need to learn alchematic + some potion ( healing or mana )

if you will learn all healing or mana potions you will be able to do more "good potions" such as : improve dex or str using - goblins berriers or dragon root

and if you not sure you learned alchematic , press B and see if it LEARNED

hope this help
Post Tue Aug 12, 2003 7:04 am
EDV
High Emperor
High Emperor

King Sorrel.

If you go out of khorines throught the eastern gate, there are two paths: 1 leads to the lighthouse, one leads to the tavern/monastery. Take the path to the monastery. The path will lead up (you might encounter wolfs) and then the path continues to the left, at the point you can find a sawed off tree, on the other side is a plant of king Sorrel.
Post Tue Aug 12, 2003 7:41 am
Whailor
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

1. There are no "herbal" alchemic skills, which will let you blend tobacco. Blending requires no special knowledge or receipe. All you need to have are the materials and the alchemy skill in general. Basically, learn ANY single potion from Ignaz or Sagitta, this will teach you the "Alchemy" skill and then you are also able to blend the tobacco. Constantiono will teach you ONLY after you already know the alchemy skill, he does not teach you the skill itself.

2. There are some trainers around the world, who can teach you some things regarding animal processing. Generally, they're located in somewhat remote areas. Spoilers: one is near the valley, which is next to the bandit camp near Onar's farm. Some ways past Grom are 2 trolls. Oh, and King's Sorrel plant too at the end of the valley. Another is not far from the Black Troll. And another is close to the entry gates to the pass to Valley of Mines.

3. There are, at least what I know, 11 King's Sorrel plants in New World (Khorinis part) and only 1 King's Sorrel in the Valley of mines. Additional plants you can get from different vendors in the game throughout the chapters (i.e. Constantino, Sagitta). Also, one of the Vatras's quests in CH 2 gives you as one of the rewards King's Sorrel. Basically that plant grows near graves or 'special' locations, like stone rings. But the locations somewhat vary.
Post Tue Aug 12, 2003 10:11 am
THNihilist
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Thanks, all, for the help. I finally got my tobacco blending to work, after learning how to make an essence of healing potion from the herb-witch.

It seems kind of dumb that I'd have to learn a totally unrelated potion to be able to do the tobacco quests, but oh well... Problem solved, at least.

Now to go do some forum searches for 'black troll', because I just can't beat him. Arrows don't do damage (which sucks because my character is a melee-weak archer; plus my dex weapon doesn't do any noticable damage up close, and I can't stay up close for that long without getting hit... He's HARD!

Anyway, thanks again for the help...
Post Tue Aug 12, 2003 3:24 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next