Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Stuff I would like to see in future Gothic games.
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
MageofFire
Griller of Molerats

Of course! That way the character is developed and you feel more attached to him (not because he's male, mind you). If you'd been forced to use a female avatar from the start I'd say stick with her. However, this is the way it should stay. Besides, recording the same lines for another person would be one helluva chore!

Mediocreties, I absolve you!
Post Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:47 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

So? Other games have done it, too, and I actually don't care about this guy at all.
Post Tue Dec 23, 2003 8:39 am
CandiedGoat
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Well, it would be interesting if they were different perspectives, though. I mean, there can only be one Champion of Innos. So if you had the option of playing another character, they obviously couldn't follow that path (unless, of course, the hero dies). It might be interesting to have the female character be the level 1 weakling trying to survive the orc invasion and perhaps save some others, yet have the option of choosing "Me", who starts in a different place as a more advanced character with different goals.
Post Tue Dec 23, 2003 7:08 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

Nice idea .
Post Tue Dec 23, 2003 7:59 pm
MageofFire
Griller of Molerats

Yeah, the only way to get a new avatar would be to kill the current one off. Maybe they should have done that with Gothic 2 and had you play as Diego. Nah!

Mediocreties, I absolve you!
Post Tue Dec 23, 2003 11:35 pm
Bytespawn
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

here are some new tips from my endless inspiratation:

-Lee gets to be the ruler of the mainland by killing or capturing King Rhobar, and he will give you the assignment of ridding the land of orcs... forgood
-Gorn is captured by an army of orcs (an army would be necesserry)and you get to free him.
-Diego will be the leader of the brand new thieves guild, milten of the the mage guild and lester of the 'fighters' guild.
-the new land will be divided in different areas (palace, town, farmlands) so it will go much faster.
-considering you didn't kill gomez in g1 (maybe a bad idea) he will build a ship in khorinis and sail to the mainland with a boat stuffed with 400 crates of ore to make a new living here, unknowing that the paladins on the mainland will be glad to take it all.(and you get to kill him ofcourse)
-an ore twohander must do more damage than a regular twohander
-shields will be like armor, only with strength requirements and you use them to block instead of your weapon, but it won't be better at blocking or anything.and you are able to use a shield with a twohander, tied to your arm
-the possibility to travel distances with some kind of 'transport service' like silt striders in Morrowind
you can be a dubbelagent between two guilds. example: you work for guild1 but they ask you to join guild2 to receive information on guild2. guild2 will ask the same of guild1 but you give them wrong info (not that diego would spy from lester )
and last but not least: A BARBERSHOP!!!!!!!!!!!
so you can finally get rid of that stick on the back of your head
Post Wed Dec 24, 2003 3:35 pm
jmurdock
Old Fogey
Old Fogey

Of course you kill Gomez in G1. I did anyway. Him and every other old camper after getting the rune.

REMEMBER... Many saves, many slots!!!
Post Wed Dec 24, 2003 5:55 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

I didn't kill those who had lost their guild tag (you'll notice at least one in the courtyard if you're observant enough, he'll even help you fight).
Post Wed Dec 24, 2003 8:27 pm
jmurdock
Old Fogey
Old Fogey

I said I got every one, but I should have said the ones who didn't run away fast enough. Have to chk that out one day.

REMEMBER... Many saves, many slots!!!
Post Wed Dec 24, 2003 9:40 pm
alexpetersmith
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

i would like to see more things like cutting log's but i would like there to actually be a purpose to it in the next game and i have aready said this 1 but there must be more useless creatures like meatbugs (rabbits porcupines hedgehogs)
Post Wed Dec 24, 2003 9:50 pm
Namirrha
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

I've found the variety of weapons and armor to be good enough. More detailed combat, perhaps along the lines of Blade of Darkness would be good. Although no complaints if it doesn't change. As it is, Gothic and Gothic 2 are far ahead Morrowind in this respect. And please keep the strong story and excellent character interaction as in the previous installments.
Post Wed Dec 24, 2003 10:48 pm
Shmaugus
High Emperor
High Emperor

a stronger end boss is very much needed for gothic 3
Post Thu Dec 25, 2003 6:20 pm
Bytespawn
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

quote:
Originally posted by Jaz
I didn't kill those who had lost their guild tag (you'll notice at least one in the courtyard if you're observant enough, he'll even help you fight).

it's just a game Jaz, its all about Xp, not about morale (oh wait, its an rpg, sorry )
Post Thu Dec 25, 2003 6:21 pm
Negatyfus
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

What I've been having wet dreams about is a real-time global shadow system a la Doom 3. With uber-hardware and shiny new graphics cards, this should be doable! Imagine every tree casting shadows from the current position of the sun, thereby having the environment look differently altogether depending on the time of day! Hmm, time to upgrade my PC...
Post Fri Dec 26, 2003 1:12 am
Bytespawn
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

as i said before, it should be necesserry to create different areas (3 is to few) so load times will be much smaller and people won't even have to upgrade their pc's. When they do this, they have a much greater public then if you need a PIV 3000+ and zillions of RAM, caus i don't think 0.001% of all people have such an UBER-PC,
me neither
Post Fri Dec 26, 2003 10:47 am

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next