OMG! A Magic Golem!!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

OMG! A Magic Golem!!

So, one day, I got bored. I ran around the area around the monastary and the tavern. But, suddenly, a magic golem is chasing me!

OMG, he's as big as a troll and he seems to be protected against my weapons. I ran and ran and ran away from him, but I failed and became a dead man.

So, some spoiler questions...
  1. Am I running too far? I haven't joined to any guild yet...
  2. Is that golem quest-related? If so, can the quest be solved if I beat him too early?
  3. He seems to be unbeatable. Is there any special way to beat him?
Post Sun Jan 12, 2003 6:58 pm
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

Usually the golems can be defeated either by blunt weapons like hammers and maces, or by the opposite magic(fire golems can be killed with water spells, and so on).

I only have the demo, but this is the way it worked in Gothic 1.
Post Sun Jan 12, 2003 7:17 pm
ghola
City Guard
City Guard

Re: OMG! A Magic Golem!!

That particular golem cannot be killed using normal weapons or magic. He's in a mage-only quest and it takes something special to kill him.
Post Mon Jan 13, 2003 6:40 pm
kugraw
City Guard
City Guard

Well, I also tried to kill the magic golem as a paladin for ages. I even managed to push him over the cliff in a long sword fight. But the son of a bitch didn't even had a scratch on him. But as a mage it was soo easy, I was even a bit disappointed that it was so easy.

Kay
Post Fri Jan 17, 2003 3:35 pm
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

So, you need to be a mage in order to kill that thing? Well, I better stay off...
Post Fri Jan 17, 2003 11:51 pm
ghola
City Guard
City Guard

Not really. Anyone can kill it, but you need to get your hands on the right tool to do it.
Post Sat Jan 18, 2003 9:45 am
TheCleric
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

Does the "Orc Hammer" make a reappearance in G2?
Post Sat Jan 18, 2003 7:49 pm
ghola
City Guard
City Guard

Good question, but no... no orc hammer.
Post Sun Jan 19, 2003 12:43 pm
TheCleric
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

Too bad. That was one of my favorite weapons in G1. I got it fairly early and it was my most powerfull weapon for quite some time. Golems were no problem with that baby!
Post Sun Jan 19, 2003 6:05 pm
ghola
City Guard
City Guard

Yes the old orc hammer did the trick alright. In G2 there are other weapons to rush for when starting a fresh character.

Also, in G2 there are all sorts of hammers and maces, some very powerful. But surprisingly enough you don't need a blunt weapon to crumble a stone golem. I used to carry a mace around for the occasion until I tried to fight it with my sword... and it worked.
From a 'binary' perspective it would make sense if only critical hits would hurt the golem (strength bonus relating to 'blunt' fist damage), but I'm not altogether sure if that's the case.
Post Sun Jan 19, 2003 11:11 pm
TheCleric
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

Hmm.. Interesting. I'll be glad when the English version comes out and I can start finding out for myself!

To tell you the truth, I'm surprised, (as this is the Spoiler's Forum) that I don't see more info about the full versions weapons, quests, etc. being posted. You'd think there'd be more posts about it with so many people playing, maybe even a walkthrough by now. Strange.
Post Mon Jan 20, 2003 3:38 am
ghola
City Guard
City Guard

Well, I think there's a conflict of interests... I like to talk about the game for very obvious reasons, but on the other hand I would like the people around to enjoy the English version of game as much as I enjoyed the original, but that's only possible if we (those playing the German version) leave people in the dark so that they can find out stuff for themselves. So, speaking for myself, at this moment, I try to keep my spoilers either technically specific or very vague, and do not write guides or overviews.

Maybe we're all waiting for the English release.
Post Mon Jan 20, 2003 10:05 am
TheCleric
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

Makes sense. I imagine there'll be a surge of postings once it comes out.

I e-mailed "JemyM", who wrote a very good walkthrough for G1 and he said that he'll probably do one for G2 as well. That's good news as far as I'm concerned. Without it, I never would have known about the Orc Hammer or the Bone Bow until I stumbled on them through the normal course of the game.

Knowing about them in advance, I was able to get them fairly early, which made staying alive in the early part of the game a lot easier.
Post Mon Jan 20, 2003 12:34 pm