Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Turning friends into jedi in kotor 2 (spoilers)
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Knights of the Old Republic

Author Thread
kriksa
Baron of the Court
Baron of the Court

Turning friends into jedi in kotor 2 (spoilers)

I just started playing kotor 2 and everything's fine except a few minor inconviniences(man this word is hard to spell).

I really want to turn my friends into jedi, but the only one i can is the handmaiden and when i try that, then i encounter some bug or something. After Kreia says "betrayal"or sumthing i'm in the jedi academy on telos and i'm completely alone and i can't go anywhere from there. How do i fix this?? and how do i turn Atton and Bao-dur into jedi, i've never gotten that option, though ive gained a lot influence with them.

help me out please fellow jedi.
Post Tue Mar 22, 2005 6:26 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

I took both Atton and Bao-Dur with me when I was on Nar Shaddaa, and made both Jedi there (several occasions to get influence with both of them, and one special trigger for Atton). You have to take Bao-Dur with you a lot to gain enough influence with him, Nar Shaddaa is a good option since it allows you to do good in front of his eyes. He doesn't like to watch senseless violence, so if you're evil, try to do stuff like this when he's not in your party. Be nice to him, he wants to be treated nicely. Just don't mind the light side points you get in case you're evil, usually you'll find enough occasions to make up for them.

I have heard about the handmaiden thing... people say it's a bug. You might want to reload.
Post Wed Mar 23, 2005 5:58 am
kriksa
Baron of the Court
Baron of the Court

thanks for the tips, but the handmaiden problem happens to me always. i've tried it 4 or 5 times, i always end up in that academy and i don't feel like reinstalling the game.
Post Wed Mar 23, 2005 6:29 am
corwin
On the Razorblade of Life
On the Razorblade of Life

I got Mira to be a Jedi there as well, by going back with her later. Try that as well. Handmaiden got jealous of Visas and stopped talking to me, so I never made her a Jedi!!

I don't use Smileys, I use Emoticons!!

Post Wed Mar 23, 2005 6:49 am
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

Hmm... I own the XBox version and I read about a couple of character-related issues there.
Whenever the game is started in any other way than from the DVD autostart, characters get caught in loops at points in the game which force a character change: the player gets stuck in the 'old' character from before the change and ultimately can't continue with the game.
I ran into one of these 'checkpoints' myself during my second tour of the game when I accidentally started it from the mod interface instead of straight from the disk after my sonny had reset the box in mid-game . But since I had read about these supposed bugs (bugs? Well, I don't know, sounds like copy protection to me) I instantly recognized what had gone wrong.

Perhaps the Telos bug is a similar thing? Don't know, never ran into it.
Post Wed Mar 23, 2005 8:03 am
kriksa
Baron of the Court
Baron of the Court

i read from obsidians forums that im not the only one with this problem and it can be avoided by not dueling with the handmaidens on Telos
Post Wed Mar 23, 2005 10:45 am
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

That's a weird bug. I never encountered it and I kicked all of the handmaidens' butts. *shrug*
Post Wed Mar 23, 2005 9:02 pm
kriksa
Baron of the Court
Baron of the Court

well i got past the handmaiden prob, but can anyone please tell me how the conversation starts with Atton in wich i turn him into a jedi. All i have besides "How about a game of pazaak" and "teach me to play pazaak" is something like "why do you play pazaak in your head" and "where did you get your echani training" , but those won't let me turn him into a jedi
Post Thu Mar 24, 2005 3:38 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

You need to be on Nar Shaddaa and have Atton with you; somewhere in the refugee bunker there's a Twi'lek who will approach you (cutscene) and tell you he knows the guy you know as 'Atton Rand'. If you talk to Atton after this encounter, you have new conversation options for the time being and can ask him about his past. At the end of this dialogue tree you can make him your Padawan (at least I got this option).
Post Thu Mar 24, 2005 4:06 pm