Blood Chalices [help]
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Robin_Hood
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Blood Chalices [help]

Hey for the thieves guild I am supposed to find 6 blood chalices I held off on this quest for far to long I hav 1 of them [ i got it in larius the governers house] can u help me to find the rest?
Post Sat Nov 29, 2003 4:54 am
Crashzone
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

Here they are all:

1 - Moneylender's chest
2 - Hall of Khorinis (Its with Larius)
3 - Valentino's Chest (First pick pocket his key)
--> HINT - Search for hidden switches in his house (Lamps, weaponshields,...)
4 - The Judge (First pick pocket his key, you also need to search for a hidden switch)
5 - Gerbrand's House
6 - The house near Salandril's shop

Hope this will help you
Post Sat Nov 29, 2003 11:32 am
Darth Mader
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Heavy Spoiler!!!

Attention - this posts consists of heavy spoilers concerning the "Blood Chalice" quest!

General information:
Wait until midnight before you start your raid.
You need: at least 30 DEX, some picklocks, the abilities to sneak and pickpocket, and 250 gold to bribe Wambo.
Bribing Wambo is only possible after talking to one member of the thieve's guild (I don't remember wether it was Jesper or Ramirez - one of the guys in the sewers, anyway), who tells you that Wambo can easily be corrupted.

Spoiler-level 1: *** Where the 6 chalices are ***

1. in Valentinos house (the 2nd house on the right side when entering the upper quarter)
  2. in a chest in Gerbrands house (1st house on the right in the upper quarter)
  3. in the judges house in the upper quarter
  4. in the house next to the alchemist's place in the upper quarter
  5. upstairs in the city hall (Hagen)
  6. in the chest in the house of Lehmar, the moneylender in the harbour district

Spoiler-level 2: *** How to get them ***

1. First of all, meet Valentino in Coragons bar and steal his key while talking to him. Head to his place, tiptoe upstairs and look out for a lamp which is positioned somewhat lower than the others - this one's a hidden switch. It's a bit annoying, 'cause you have to stand on a certain spot to be able to pull the switch (not all too close to the lamp). A secret chamber containing a chest will open on the ground floor. Use Valentino's key to open the chest and take the chalice. You have to do this before 4:10 a.m., because at this time Valentino returns home from the inn.
  2. Time to visit the neighbour: sneak upstairs in Gerbrands house open the chest between the beds and you're done.
  3. Now pay the judge a visit! You don't have to sneak in his house, because you'll have to talk to him anyway. Go upstairs into his bedroom and steal his key when talking to him, then go to the low hanging shield on the right and pull it - surprise! it's another hidden switch. Enter the now opened secret room on the ground floor and empty the chest using the robbed key.
  4. The chalice in the house next to the alchemist's is easily found: it's in the chest between the beds. To open it you need a key, which lies on a bord above the fireplace.
  5. The chalice in the city hall is standing in a room upstairs. Well, you've already got it...
  6. Lehmar now possesses the chalice which once belonged to Lutero - sneak into his house, open the chest and take the last chalice.

Spoiler-level 3: *** Lockpicking combinations ***

Gerbrand: R - R - L - R - R - L
Lehmar: L - R - R - L - R

~edit:~
Oww!
I guess I wasn't quick enough....

Since I've never faced the English version of Gothic or Gothic II, I want to apologize for bumpy translations...
Post Sat Nov 29, 2003 11:48 am
TheMadGamer
High Emperor
High Emperor

Save your money

SPOILER

Save your gold and don't pay Wambo! There's another way...

Wambo doesn't guard the entrance to the house all night long. Wait until Wambo wonders off and is replaced by a generic guard.

Next, stand just outside the doorway, have your back facing the entryway to the house (you should be facing the guard).

Next, take one step back into the house. This triggers the guard to come running at you screaming to get out. But since you are just barely inside, the sleeping NPCs won't wake up. Wait for the guard to run all the way to you and draw his sword.

Now, take one step back out of the house to make the guard happy. The guard will sheath his sword, turn, and walk back to his post. Walking back to his post he has his back toward you.

Now, without turning around, hit X and go into sneak mode and walk backward into the house and sidestep to your left so that a wall blocks the guard's view of you. Then turn around and sneak further into the house, being sure to keep to the right side of the house (the side where the beds are) until you are as far back in the house you can get. Then, once you are at the back of the house, sneak over to the fireplace, get the key, then loot the challice.
Post Mon Dec 01, 2003 9:20 pm