orcs have oreweapons in G3?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 3 General

Author Thread
titus
Survivor of Hell
Survivor of Hell

orcs have oreweapons in G3?

In one of the new screenshots I saw a orc guarding an entrance of a builidng. He seemed to be holding a halberd or some sort, but the lemmet was blue. What reminds me of ore-weapons? anyone any thoughts, idea or knowledge about it?
Post Wed May 10, 2006 7:28 pm
Crusadus
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

No way in hell...

If it is as easy to con an Orc to "hand over" his weapon by luring some creature to kill it as it was in Gothic 2, then it would take about 10 minutes to get your first ore weapon.

And as they tend to be the high-end weaponry in both Gothic and Gothic 2 its unlikely that they would become common things.
Post Thu May 11, 2006 4:51 am
titus
Survivor of Hell
Survivor of Hell

well on the screenshot it didn't look like a normal ore weapon but it had the blueish shine of the weapon that you use in G1 and sharge with the oremound that was what amazed me, not a simple ore weapon, and weapon enchanted by ore, that was held by a simple guardian
Post Thu May 11, 2006 7:34 pm
Dez
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

quote:
Originally posted by titus
well on the screenshot it didn't look like a normal ore weapon but it had the blueish shine of the weapon that you use in G1 and sharge with the oremound that was what amazed me, not a simple ore weapon, and weapon enchanted by ore, that was held by a simple guardian

You might have a hunch.

The fact number one: Orcs have won the war, thus they are controlling most of the former realm of myrtana expect capital and few other places. The fact number two: What now ensues from this. Winning the war guarantees the control of all the former Myrtahana's supplies and production facilities. That includes mines and smithies where those weapons were produced. During the war orcs have gained the knowledge how to develop magical ore weapons. Orcs surely have their special ways to make important people talk...
Post Fri May 12, 2006 8:52 am
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

Aye, the weapons definetly look as if they could be fairly good. Keep in mind that orcish weapons are normally not good for humans though - they require so much strength to use that even if you can get one killed, you still won't be able to use his weapon.
Post Sat May 13, 2006 1:04 am
nemo16
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

The ore weapons have a mighty and special role since Gothic I .....these type of weapon are (I hope)in Gothic 3 more varied and more 'worked' than GII.

Anyway....About the ore:What kind of coins(money) will work in GIII???
Post Sat May 13, 2006 3:24 pm
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

I expect gold coins just like in Gothic 2, as this is the main land with full access to gold just like Khorinis.
Post Sun May 14, 2006 5:59 pm
Whailor
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

Besides, there's a difference between ore weapon and ore weapon. As was explained in earlier game, weapons from that ore can be of two types: just plain, though very good weapons, or weapons which have magical qualities. It took a very special and difficult process to smelt the ore and make weapons from it which also retain the magical properties. Any usual means of making the weapons from that ore resulted in loss of magical properties, although even the plain weapons from that ore were by far superior when compared to the weapons made from more common materials.

So, it is possible that orcs indeed have ore weapons, but these are most likely just plain ones. They're effective and good, but not as good as would be some ore weapon with it's magical qualities.
Post Thu May 25, 2006 8:25 am
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

quote:
Originally posted by Whailor
Besides, there's a difference between ore weapon and ore weapon. As was explained in earlier game, weapons from that ore can be of two types: just plain, though very good weapons, or weapons which have magical qualities. It took a very special and difficult process to smelt the ore and make weapons from it which also retain the magical properties. Any usual means of making the weapons from that ore resulted in loss of magical properties, although even the plain weapons from that ore were by far superior when compared to the weapons made from more common materials.

Only the smiths in Nordmarr are able to melt ore while keeping its magical properties and thus they are able to make ore weapons with magical properties. That is if PB is still holding on to that history.
And of course the gods can make them.

For example:
Sword of the Order from Gothic 2 is a normal ore weapon, very sturdy, almost indestructible.
Uriziel from Gothic 1 is a magical ore weapon (after charging it). It does weapon and fire damage.

In Gothic 3 I think the orcs will have (some) ore weapons, but no magical ones.
Post Thu May 25, 2006 12:41 pm
Hi-Necro
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

quote:
Originally posted by Sem:
And of course the gods can make them.

But why should gods make them? Ore weapons will with no doubt be useless for them, since gods are the very origin of any magic. So it will be a damnable boring task for them at all, especially when human beings can also do that, any way.

I hope to wield a "spell sword" (pure magically made ones with no material) only for high mages ...
Post Sat May 27, 2006 8:44 pm
Soul&Soda
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

And one more interesting thing, will the weapons break as I noticed in one screen it is quiet so, here is the screen take a look what do you think?
http://www.ag.ru/screenshots/gothic_3/167647
Post Wed May 31, 2006 9:00 pm
Hi-Necro
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Where is such "break"? The sword hold in the left hand of our hero?

I consider it is becouse the angle/direction we saw the sword, so it seems like been breaken, but still an integer in fact if we examine it carefully.
Post Thu Jun 01, 2006 7:36 am
Hi-Necro
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

One moer word,
welcome to our forum!!
Post Thu Jun 01, 2006 7:43 am
Soul&Soda
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:
Originally posted by Hi-Necro
Where is such "break"? The sword hold in the left hand of our hero?

I consider it is becouse the angle/direction we saw the sword, so it seems like been breaken, but still an integer in fact if we examine it carefully.

Thank you for your greetings, and yes as I looked carefuly I'v noticed that too, thx.
Post Thu Jun 01, 2006 12:40 pm