Funcom announces new mmog
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > News Comments

Author Thread
Hyrrix
Fourty-two
Fourty-two

Funcom announces new mmog

In a press release send out today, Funcom let us now that apart from the works on the sequel to the Longest Journey and their upcoming expansion for Anarchy Online (Shadowlands), development has begun on a new Persistant Online World game. The project has already been under development for 9 months, but more information is not yet available. A few months ago Midgard, Funcom's second mmorpg was canned. We can only guess so far how much this project will have to do with the originel concept of Midgard. There you go: <blockquote><em>Funcom can also reveal that a new Persistent Online World has been in the works for the last nine months. The first impressive looking demo is already up and running. With the new title Funcom aims to take the genre to a new level, both in terms of setting, graphics and player immersion. "With the invaluable experiences gained from Anarchy Online we are in a better position than ever to create a brand new and fantastic Persistent Online World" says Aas.</em></blockquote>
Post Thu Feb 27, 2003 6:57 pm
Weas
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Shell game

I'd create it under a shell company. I wouldn't want the Funcom name associated with it, or people will just blow it off without giving it a look.
Post Thu Feb 27, 2003 6:58 pm
Hyrrix
Fourty-two
Fourty-two

Hmm... maybe, I heard a lot of positive things about AO lately. They really made a lot of improvements since the launch.
Post Thu Feb 27, 2003 7:00 pm
Ammon777
Warrior for Heaven
Warrior for Heaven

That wasnt a launch, it was a catastrophe.
Post Thu Feb 27, 2003 9:36 pm
Roach
SBR Belfry Bat
SBR Belfry Bat

Hmm, I was really looking forward to Midgard. I think that they are going to be held to a much higher standard in many people’s eyes do to the AO launch and the “temporary“ stoppage on Midgard that turned into ten months of loyal fans in the Midgard forum being told that production would resume eventually. Even after they had made their decision they still waited a month to tell us. Grr, I get frustrated just thinking about it. They have given me the impression that they are happy to just do the minimum necessary to keep receiving their consumers money. So this time if they want my interest/patronage they are going to have to do something pretty darn special.
Post Fri Feb 28, 2003 11:45 am