View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
mazza
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

need easy money fast!!!

Hi!

I am new at this game and i am planning to jojn the temple. To jojn the tempel i need 1000GP and i got 600GP. So i need to get 400GP.
But to jojn u need to have a cheep to and i bought 1 but he disipeard when i slept so i wounder if i can buy a new 1.

thx for tips
Post Thu Jan 08, 2004 9:55 pm
dutch311
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Getting easy money is pretty simple. If you've become an apprentice of Bosper (which i recommend) you could get good money for your furs you bring to him. Other ways of getting money is robbing people's houses at night and selling the booty.

And yes, you can buy another sheep.
Post Fri Jan 09, 2004 12:30 am
MageofFire
Griller of Molerats

Find a guy that can teach you how to take trophie. Learn the skills. Kill animals and sell their parts. Also kill bandits to take their loot. Also just do some quests in general. You generally get some gold rewards. Also there are some bandits that have stolen a sheep. If you kill them, you can get the sheep for free.

Mediocreties, I absolve you!
Post Fri Jan 09, 2004 12:31 am
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Go back to where you bought the sheep and see if it went back "home" and maybe you can just pick it up again without buying it. But there are several places to buy sheep. I would do as dutch311 said, as you have a lot to do and learn before joining the monks anyway. You will need some fighting skills at beginning of game no matter what.
Mark Twain
Post Fri Jan 09, 2004 12:58 am
Furious_Templar
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Try to join the guild as later as you can so you can complete quest for other guilds.
When you become mage(or any other guild) you can't do anymore quest for joining some other guild.
You can do this quest's and when it's time to become one of them just quit and complete quest's of other guild.Then do the same thing and for last leave the guild you want to join(doesn't work for monastery 'cause when you pay and give the sheep you become one of them.But that doesn't matter you 'cause you want to become one of them.So first do merc and paladins quest and then proceed to your own).

Best way to earn some money is joining thieves guild and learning pickpocket from Cassia(also it's good to know picklocking and sneaking too).But it's not so easy so..........Try it later.
Post Fri Jan 09, 2004 1:34 am
mazza
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

well I am a apprentice at Bosper but i dont know realy where i can find raw steel or buy
Post Fri Jan 09, 2004 3:17 pm
Furious_Templar
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Bosper is the hunter who pays you for animals hide's.

If you need raw steel then you are Harad's apprentice and have learned forging.It's also a way to earn some money but Bosper is much better.

You can buy raw steel from Harad's apprentice and merchant's.
In ch2 there will be more people to buy raw steel from them.
Post Fri Jan 09, 2004 4:23 pm
Draugluin
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Few more tricks to make the needed 1000 gold:

Fight against Alrik. As long as he fights you receive 50 gold. Alrik can be found in docks district (near barracks).

Turn thieves in for 100 gold to Lord Andre. You should get easily 300 gold from them (unless you haven't already).

Nagur in Docks district (you need to fight Moe before entering) gives you a mission. You can turn him, too.

Talk to Jora at marketplace and then Rengaru, then use your instincts.

Canthar can be turned in (I recommend heavily), if you accepted his pass to the Khorinis.

Plundering houses require very much sneaking. You can learn it, too. Now I don't remember the name, but the man with bow is the guy, he is usually hanging around at marketplace or sipping free beer.

However, keep the Blood Chalices you may found - at this point. Vendors doesn't pay as much of them as they do of Golden Chalices, so you can regocnise them.
Post Sat Jan 10, 2004 2:03 am
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

There are 3 types of sheep in gothic 2,

1. Normal sheep.
2. Follow sheep. (Betsy)
3. " " (Akil)

Make sure you get the correct one!

If you must have gold very quick,

in marvin mode type GOLD you get 1000gp but be careful, you get also
-100 exp.
Post Sat Jan 10, 2004 10:55 am
jmurdock
Old Fogey
Old Fogey

Akil's sheep doesn't show up until ch 3 doesn't it? At that point I would think you would have a guild and not need it. I mean most people get their guild in ch 1.

REMEMBER... Many saves, many slots!!!
Post Sat Jan 10, 2004 6:41 pm
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

I would go back and reload save game to before took on apprentice with smith and change to bosper. Easier money and more of it. You plan on being mage so you won't need the smith skills as much as money to get into monestary.
Mark Twain
Post Sat Jan 10, 2004 10:22 pm
jmurdock
Old Fogey
Old Fogey

Mage needs no smith skills at all. I concur, reload and take Bosper as master. It might take a bit longer to get the money you need right now, but you get much more in the end.

Post Sat Jan 10, 2004 10:59 pm
mazza
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

well i choosed to be a smith case i always liked to smith my own weapons, but now i am a magican and on ch. 4 and i dont got eny cash problem. But i got 1 problem.. is there eny 1 in the castle that sells potions, especial mana potions to me in ch.4?
Post Sun Jan 11, 2004 4:55 pm
jmurdock
Old Fogey
Old Fogey

Yeah, Engor. Knight's house. Only guy I know of in VoM.

Post Sun Jan 11, 2004 5:22 pm
SilkenKidden
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

Re: need easy money fast!!!

quote:
Originally posted by mazza
Hi!

I am new at this game and i am planning to jojn the temple. To jojn the tempel i need 1000GP and i got 600GP. So i need to get 400GP.
But to jojn u need to have a cheep to and i bought 1 but he disipeard when i slept so i wounder if i can buy a new 1.

thx for tips

Just go back to where you bought the sheep and talk to it again. It will follow you. But maybe you should leave it there until you have the money. He's a bother and could get killed if you get in a fight.

Get a job in town. Becoming Bosper's apprentice is the best bet. You can still become a mage later on. You can do a lot of quests before selecting a guild. I did almost all the militia ones on Onar's farm. You can do a few of the Pladin quests too. Just save before you talk to any of the leaders, Andre and Lee, just in case you make a commitment that you didn't want to make.

Don't hurry to join the temple. You are better off doing as many quests as possible first. After you join, combat skills will cost you double in LP. I got bow, shortbow, and one handed up to 30 before joining the temple.
Post Tue Jan 13, 2004 12:59 am