2 questions for arx fatalis vetrans
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Arx Fatalis

Author Thread
deano968
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

2 questions for arx fatalis vetrans

Hi, i started playing Arx Fatalis yesterday, first immpressions are excellent game but have a couple of questions...

1. I've played for around 2 hours and just reached the city of Arx, uptil now the game seems fairly linear, is this the case or does it have some non linear aspects?

2. Just got to city of Arx so roughly how far into the game am I? i.e How big is it?

Think i'll continue playing anyway, i love the old dungeon crawling games like eye of the beholder etc...

Thanks in advance for any answers!
Post Thu Aug 28, 2003 5:30 pm
BSC14
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

Re: 2 questions for arx fatalis vetrans

quote:
Originally posted by deano968
Hi, i started playing Arx Fatalis yesterday, first immpressions are excellent game but have a couple of questions...

1. I've played for around 2 hours and just reached the city of Arx, uptil now the game seems fairly linear, is this the case or does it have some non linear aspects?

2. Just got to city of Arx so roughly how far into the game am I? i.e How big is it?

Think i'll continue playing anyway, i love the old dungeon crawling games like eye of the beholder etc...

Thanks in advance for any answers!

Well the story does seem a little linear but there are lots of side quest. Are you sure you're in the city of Arx? Or are you talking about the castle and tavern area that you reach before Arx? I think the game is around 60 hours or so. Is it just me or does 2 hours to reach arx seem kinda fast.
Post Thu Aug 28, 2003 6:05 pm
deano968
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Thanks for the reply, i must be in arx because when i opened the gates the guard said welcome to arx.
Post Thu Aug 28, 2003 6:15 pm
BSC14
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

quote:
Originally posted by deano968
Thanks for the reply, i must be in arx because when i opened the gates the guard said welcome to arx.

Well, yeah then that would be it.
Post Thu Aug 28, 2003 6:38 pm
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Newcomer

deano968 Welcome. This is a great game, and depending on how skilled you are at finishing the side quests, it is 60 plus like BSC14 said. After Arx City you can kind of take off on your own for a while. But the game is linear. The atmosphere and game play are so diverse, it makes up for it. You can try to get through it the first time on your own, But if you get into trouble, check out the PDF file in the support section. It is great. It will get you through the game, and still leave much for you to discover and learn on yur own. If you need help, the forum is great. I got a lot of great help here, and learned a lot of new tricks to make replay of the game great fun. Go now and start saving the world.
Mark Twain
Post Thu Aug 28, 2003 9:12 pm
deano968
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Thanks for the info, played till 3am this morning, love the puzzle where you have to put the wine in the dough for the kings cakes, then watch him run for the loo........cool. I can see i'm gonna lose some sleep with this one!
Post Fri Aug 29, 2003 11:11 am