Members
Usergroups
how dose it run on min specs?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - Spoilers

Author Thread
nick-o-rama

how dose it run on min specs?

I'm thinking about getting the game...kidding I know i am getting this game, but i just want to know how would it run on a :

500mhz
256ram
g force 2 32mb?
Post Wed May 08, 2002 11:55 pm

LORD_LSD
City Guard
City Guard

Unplayable.
Post Thu May 09, 2002 2:35 am

Dont even think about buying the game i have
AMD 1Ghz
512 RAM
Geforce 3

And my comp still chokes up in some areas.
Post Thu May 09, 2002 2:38 am

I'm running with no shadows, ai @ 1/3, far plane @ 1/2 and 1025x768.

My machine is p3 450 w/256 megs gforce2ti64meg running win98.

The performance was acceptable out of the box and now I've done the quad lighting change in the .ini and grabbed the no-cd exe and the perforance is great considering the system. I get ~20-30 frames indoors and usually 12 to 15 outdoors.

I always hold off upgrading my game machine until there's a game that I can't play at an acceptable level. I thought Morrowind was going to be it, but it looks like I can wait a few more months now. The longer I wait, the better bang for the buck.
Post Thu May 09, 2002 6:40 pm

Krystoff
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I don't have quite min specs but close to it.

950- amd
320 Ram
32 GeForce 2 GTS

The game runs very smooth on my comp. I have no problems with the view distance at full with shadows off. I don't have the safedisc exe file or the quad lighting effects either. The screen size is 800X600

You should be able to run it just fine as long as you don't mind losing somethings. Shadows are a big hit and so is music on the high setting. I have those shut off right now and am completely enjoying this game. Very playable. Good luck!
Post Thu May 09, 2002 11:40 pm
Ostrich

Im running:
AMD 750mhz
GF2 MX 32mb
256mg RAM

Have:
no shadows
Distance: 2/3
AI: low (off basically).
1024x768

This game runs fine on my PC, I only get 20 FPS inside, run between 9-15 outside, however its still extremely smooth. There is only 1 issue and thats location loading, the game pauses for about 2 seconds each time i enter a new town or location, but if im running around outside i can go 20+ minutes without this, so its very bearable. The only choppiness ive come across was inside a bar when i was attacking 5 people at the same time, but even then it was only for a small amount of time and was smooth the rest of the time.

I was considering upgrading to play this game (want cool water effects), but for the moment theres no need.

Ost
Post Fri May 10, 2002 2:44 am