Proof of cult for king
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Arx Fatalis

Author Thread
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

Proof of cult for king

I was sent by humand king to find proof or new information about strange cult and its rituals.
I went trought city and returned Shany to her mother. However I am not able to find what should I do now and where to find informations...
Post Fri Jan 03, 2003 10:24 am
Kayla
High Emperor
High Emperor

SPOILER

The secret cult is behind the door that wouldn't open in the tavern. Erzog will give you the password. He is in the prison in the castle.

Enjoy.

Robert A. Heinlein
Post Fri Jan 03, 2003 11:12 am
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

Thanks for info.
Post Sat Jan 04, 2003 2:02 pm
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

Hmm. I am still not able to find way... I am walking all around in and out of castle without success. Erzog in the prison in the castle. Are you talking about castle of king in human town? And are you talking about prison at the end of tunel on the left (before gates to kings chamger). But there is only one room (you can open it with lever). And this room is empty and there are one closed (locked) door. What should I do? It seems I need complete spoiler .
Post Mon Jan 06, 2003 9:33 pm
Red
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

You have to go back to the place where the guards were killed and all. There's the Inn where with the girl offering ale, where there was a door which you couldn't open at that point.
Post Mon Jan 06, 2003 10:34 pm
Heldwin
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

SPOILER !

Actually, it is the next steps Kayla and Red gave you

You need to find the Journal (Book) of the man that was killed with the ritual in the human castle.

Go in the Library to talk to the Snake-Woman and after to the Alchemist behind the door after her. The Alchemist will give you a note (Equation Mathematic to resolve it ), and the key of the door of the dead man. Go to this room (right side of the King spot) and find the hidden thing near bed (the code to open the locked chest is the answer of the Equation).

Now a cut-scene start, Enjoy
Post Tue Jan 07, 2003 4:59 am
Detori
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

That's a great explanation Heldwin!
I wish I had that when I was solving this quest. I also had trouble and was running around the levels...
...but now I know that basically the whole 'investigate the cult' quest can be done in the human castle of Arx.
Post Tue Jan 07, 2003 10:12 am
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

Hmm are you talking about room of Orbiplanax (astronomor killed by cult)? First thing I did was that I went there and tried every key I had. Without success (after dialogue with alchymist that gave me note (I think just note, not a key, but I am not sure because I do not know how many keys I had before)).
Post Tue Jan 07, 2003 5:06 pm
Red
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

"Tried every key you had"?

Go to the shopkeeper and get the keyring damnit!
Post Tue Jan 07, 2003 10:27 pm
Heldwin
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Yes, it is this Room. And the Alchemist gives you the Key of the room with the note.

And Yes, you absolutely need the KeyRing, it allows you to have all the keys in the same inventory slot, and when you find a new key, you just double click the key and add it in the KeyRing.

With the KeyRing, you just need to use it on a door or chest, and if you have found the key, the door/chest will open ... only 1 attempt ... if it fails you haven't found the key yet ...
Post Wed Jan 08, 2003 1:16 pm
Heldwin
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Oh, and maybe your inventory was full when the Alchemist gave you the items, and maybe the key has felt on the floor. Look on the floor near him to see if you don't see the key.
Post Wed Jan 08, 2003 1:18 pm
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

Thanks Heldwin it was as you said. Now I am in secret temple of "cult" trying to kill strong (at least for me) cultists.
Post Wed Jan 08, 2003 5:06 pm