Usergroups
Myles Disappeared!!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Wizardry 8

Author Thread
psyborg
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Gave up Myles for a bit so I could get Madras for some stuff. So I return to Arnika with Madras, Myles is waiting for me as usual. I go to spaceport...I wanted to see if Madras had any plot stuff with the flight recorder thing...he didn't. I let him go, went back to get Myles, Myles is NOT there. I camped, he's still not there....did the game glitch and hide him somewhere where I'll never find him again? Or is this supposed to happen?

Post Wed Apr 10, 2002 8:44 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

Try leaving Arnika and re-entering. That might fix it.

Post Wed Apr 10, 2002 8:47 pm
psyborg
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Tried that....it didn't work....I'll try leaving, camping for like 5 days, and then reentering.

Post Wed Apr 10, 2002 8:49 pm
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

I assume you've looked all around Arnika. Myles doesn't always make it back to the entry fountain like he's supposed to. I've noticed (when I dump him) that he often wanders around the fountain at the center of town, even going in the bank. There is always the chance that he "dun got hisself kilt" during a fight and it may have been out of sight so that you didn't notice.
Post Wed Apr 10, 2002 9:35 pm
psyborg
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

I would have seen it if he got himself killed...it would have shown up in the message window, I have verbose messages turned on. And from what I see, no fights happen unless I'm in them....example, Higardi patrols will walk right past Savant henchmen as if they aren't even there. I took a trip to the Monastery to open the wheel door, so maybe Myles will have returned when I get back.

Post Wed Apr 10, 2002 9:54 pm
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

quote:

On 2002-04-10 16:54, psyborg wrote:
And from what I see, no fights happen unless I'm in them....example, Higardi patrols will walk right past Savant henchmen as if they aren't even there.

Yes, but if you get into a fracas with Savant critters, the Higardi, lay brothers, and Myles will sometimes run to your aid. A similar situation happened to me today, in fact. I was headed toward the town fountain, walking between the fort and the wreck. A group of baddies come down the street in front of He'Li's. Combat started. In round one, Myles came out of the bank (must have been casing the joint) and attacked one of the baddies. That fight took place out of my sight in front of He'Li's. If you pay constant attention to the messages, then you're fine. If, like me, your attention gets pulled away occasionally by wild 18-month-olds, then bad things could happen to poor Myles and you might be none the wiser.
Post Wed Apr 10, 2002 10:38 pm

Myles is only useful for picking some of the locks early in the game.
So you really didn't lose much .
Post Fri Apr 12, 2002 8:52 am

psyborg
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

I more want the jobs and quests he offers later...I heard that if you ask him a few times at different points, he has a few jobs to get XP and stuff.

Post Fri Apr 12, 2002 3:20 pm

I went back to Arnika and Myles asked me to get a diamond from some banditos up north, who stole it from the bank. I got it, went back to Arnika, and saved game.

SPOILER ??

Gave it to Myles, and the sonofab**** kept it! So I reloaded and gave it to the bank; she was happy and gave me some gold and XP.

- Corey
Post Fri Apr 12, 2002 3:58 pm

psyborg
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Woah...I got that diamond on my own accord...I was exploring the Northern Wilderness just out of curiousity, found the Rogue Leader, got the diamond....sold it to He'li for 9k or something. Maybe the bank will want more, I can always buy it back from He'li.

Post Fri Apr 12, 2002 8:53 pm
Bilbo
High Emperor
High Emperor

Is there any other use for the diamond? I found it on my own, and haven't sold it thinking it might be useful later. I can't sell it to the bank either, as I killed everyone there after they attacked me.

After the second time I dismissed him ('cause he wouldn't go into the Umpani area), I also had Myles disappear on me. Checked out bank & fountain area. Never found him again, a long time later. I don't miss him much, except that he was my crossbow user, so I'm not getting to experiment with different quarrels I'm finding.
Post Thu Apr 25, 2002 12:11 am
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

If the bank is now a ghost-town, you now hold a useless (but not valueless) hunk of carbon.
Post Thu Apr 25, 2002 12:41 am
bearcub
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I thought one of the last patches fixed this, befor the patch nPC's tended to get stuck in the fountain never making it back to where you can pick them up
Post Mon Apr 29, 2002 7:08 pm