Still no demo?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
Bigpapa
Stranger from north
Stranger from north

That sucks, and they are taking pre-orders
Nowdays i won't buy any games without seeing a demo first, too many disapointments at past

Post Tue Mar 12, 2002 11:00 pm
Bigpapa
Stranger from north
Stranger from north

And i mean playable demo

Post Tue Mar 12, 2002 11:01 pm
Michael C
Black Dragon
Black Dragon

Some nasty rumours say that there will be no demo for this game, because it's to diffecult/impossible to make.
Guess we have to wait for the first reactions, from other players!
Post Wed Mar 13, 2002 8:26 am
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

Yes, there was interview and someone from Morrowind team said there that there will be no demo, because it is nearly impossible to extract only part of whole world to demo.
Post Wed Mar 13, 2002 8:34 am
Incindium
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

Yeah the devs have said definatly no demo out before release and maybe not at all like Danicek said...
Post Wed Mar 13, 2002 6:59 pm
Bigpapa
Stranger from north
Stranger from north

Impossible? Or maybe they just don't want to, i believe they are just too lazy to do it, no matter what they claim

Post Wed Mar 13, 2002 9:15 pm
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

I expect nothing less than no demo from Bethesda. I also expect the game to be needed to be patched out of the box.

I am waiting at least two months to buy Morrowmind. I'd LIKE to have some faith in them... but, well... when a kid fails gym twice in a row, you don't expect him to make the football team the next time.

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

=Member of the Nonflamers Guild=
=Worshipper of the Written Word=
Post Thu Mar 14, 2002 3:40 am
Bigpapa
Stranger from north
Stranger from north

I have pretty much same thoughts about them, we'll see, i really hope they don't blow this one.

Post Thu Mar 14, 2002 12:35 pm
Incindium
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

Damn you guys are really bitter about Daggerfall or something.... I totally expect it to be playable on launch out of the box... There have been some recent previews based on a press demo that was sent out last week on Morrowind and none of those people mentioned any buggy behavior other than a few clipping problems... and that was a press demo not the latest build of the game.

Edit: Oh yeah about the demo... Lazy my ass... I think it has to do with the way that the npc's and conversations and stuff are setup in the game... even limiting the area you could explore to keep from giving away to much in the demo they would have to modify each and every npc's dialogs in the areas that you would get in a demo. And i don't think that it any easy thing.. Plus they would have to remove any quests and things that were part of the non demo area... I think it would actually might be easier for them now to build a new world for a demo from the ground up using the editor than trying to bastardize the whole game...

[ This Message was edited by: Incindium on 2002-03-14 08:36 ]
Post Thu Mar 14, 2002 2:29 pm
Motoki
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Well considering that this game is coming out for the Xbox too and they can't patch the Xbox, I think they'll have their stuff together for the most part, though I do expect an obligatory patch or two. Even the most stable games at least have one these days.

As for Daggerfall, there were some bugs, but nothing that really ruined the game for or was play stopping, though I did save a lot but I always do that anyway. And I did manage to get to the end of the game.

-MO

[ This Message was edited by: Motoki on 2002-03-15 14:16 ]
Post Thu Mar 14, 2002 2:41 pm
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

I think it will be playealbe out of box, I hope they have enough expiriences with bugs in previous games - I am optimistical
Post Thu Mar 14, 2002 2:43 pm
Maggot
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

I hope they'll release a playable demo first. I, however, don't mind buying it, if it'll get patched later on (call me a patch-whore).
Post Thu Mar 14, 2002 3:00 pm
Bigpapa
Stranger from north
Stranger from north

quote:

On 2002-03-14 08:29, Incindium wrote:

Edit: Oh yeah about the demo... Lazy my ass... I think it would actually might be easier for them now to build a new world for a demo from the ground up using the editor than trying to bastardize the whole game...

[ This Message was edited by: Incindium on 2002-03-14 08:36 ]

And you can't call it lazy? A demo of gameplay would be enough to see how its engine works, i'm not reguestin a partial game, demo from Gothic was very good example for developers willing to show what to expect from full game. Few poorly made videos are not enough to me. I still hope that game turns to be really good like it has hyped.

Post Thu Mar 14, 2002 8:53 pm
Incindium
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

It's not called lazy when they are spending all their efforts tryin to get this game out... All i was saying is that with the effort it would take to create a demo the timetable for possible release would be so long after the game comes out that a friggin demo is pointless because it would not affect sales in any measurable amount and thus not in the best interests of BethSoft... It's a business and its done to make money. Don't call the hardworking developers lazy just because you arent going to get a precious demo... geez

[ This Message was edited by: Incindium on 2002-03-14 16:47 ]
Post Thu Mar 14, 2002 10:45 pm
Bigpapa
Stranger from north
Stranger from north

Well its our money they want, and i'm not going to give it too easily, so i'm not listening any excuses, its show what you got, or i wont buy, money(earned by work, not from parents pocket) rules still in this matter. I know there are many people that thinks pretty much same that i do. Maybe its better wait and see how it goes, sure someone buys it. I don't buy cars without having at least testdrive, before making my decision, and i don't see any differs with buying games, of course its just my opinion.

[ This Message was edited by: Bigpapa on 2002-03-14 18:23 ]
Post Fri Mar 15, 2002 12:22 am

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next