Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Gothic 3 Facts and discussion thread (06/04/04)
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Does this post need to become sticky?
yes
85%
 85%  [ 6 ]
no
14%
 14%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 7

Author Thread
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

Well, I certainly hope we will see our 'old friends' again, it's mentioned that the famous 4 will be present, but about the rest we don't know anything yet. But it was one of the great things of G2, that old npc's were in the sequel too.
Post Mon Jul 05, 2004 3:00 pm
Patriot
Small Tiger
Small Tiger

I would love to see them again.But most of all I want to see Lee.Also I can't wait to mee the orc hunters.Sem would you choose to go with lee or With the king.
Post Mon Jul 05, 2004 3:03 pm
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

Depends on the types of armor and weapons I can get. I haven't played G1, so my bond with Lee isn't very deep yet. It's more a matter of advantages than just following friends.
Post Mon Jul 05, 2004 3:44 pm
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

i would like to see allready that Orc Leader who leads all those orcs etc i wonder how he would look like without one leg ,3 times bigger than an usual orc and with an eyepatch ? [sounds like a pirate i know ]
Post Mon Jul 05, 2004 5:01 pm
myrtanaman!
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

the maps cant be like that if the world is 3 to 5 times bigger than the gothic 2 world, and the maps looks lika a dead spider from above it should
look like germany just like and island!!
Post Sat Jul 10, 2004 4:08 pm
NeoCodex
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

About the requirements for G3. I don't expect them to be high. It will be a completely new engine, yes, but that doesn't mean the requirements will be ultra high.

Gothic 2 has got very high requirements because the game engine sux and it's very unbalanced. If the devs would use some other engine like Unreal2 requirments would be lower and graphics.. better. So I hope that they will make much better and more stable game engine this time. Just take a look at new engines like Unreal2 or Havok. Great graphics and EXCELLENT performance. I have got much higher fps in games like Painkiller or Guild Wars. Guild wars has got excellent graphics and runs very smooth even in this early stage.. (anyone played the e3 4e?).
And everything this - at high detail and high resolutin at 32 bit color depth.. With a two year old Ti 4200.
Technologies are improving all the time and I'm talking about the game engines. A few years back there was no chance you could smoothly run a new game (with full details) with a 2 year old graphic card.

So what I am saying guys don't woory, times are changing. You won't need a 6800 Ultra to run Gothic 3. I can't say if it will work on 4200 but hey, we're more than two years before the release.. So it's way to early to discuss about the system requirements because we don't even know how the game will look like.
All we can do is hope that the devs will make a more stable engine this time.
Post Sat Jul 10, 2004 6:59 pm
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

yups but if u have a better graphic card u gonna run the game surely better than on older cards , older cards will run the game also offcorse but the fps rate is lower and sometimes u wont see all the effects in the game with older graphic cards eather
Post Sat Jul 10, 2004 7:07 pm
MASTER
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

G1, G2, G2-NotR, in fact: GOTHIC - BEST GAME EVER!!!

Hy,
I played G1, G2, and now G2-NotR
Try play G1 until G3 apearance.
Why anybody here make such a big deal about G2 graphics...and how G3 graphics will be?
Ever tried G1? The graphics there is much more simple and easier for the eye.
It's true that even the human characters was not smoth enough, but the surrownding areas, paths, etc., was almost ok. The only bad thing to say about G1 is that has stupid, difficult keyboard controls.
The greatestness of this game is his SUPERB storyline.
Gothic (1, 2, 2-NotR): The best game I ever played!
I finished G2 with Mercenary, then with Fire Mages, I begined with Paladins, but G2-NotR has apeared, and now I'm playing with Water Mages.
To finish a game twice, and start a third time.... it says something, no?

quote:
Originally posted by Sem
Depends on the types of armor and weapons I can get. I haven't played G1, so my bond with Lee isn't very deep yet. It's more a matter of advantages than just following friends.

Post Mon Jul 12, 2004 1:37 pm
Jackie
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

I played g2 to 1600 and 150% range which can see the character.
With Ti 4800special edition. The game went perfect. No freezing no nothing.!!
Hey patriot what hours you go in the forum???
Post Tue Jul 13, 2004 1:37 pm
Jabberwocky
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

Yes, I agree. The graphics engine will ultimately determine performance on most people's machines. I have games with much better graphics than Gothic that run much faster. It's the game engine's fault moreso than your hardware.
My PREDICTION for minimum system requirements will be any direct X 9 compatible video card and 512MB ram with a 1800mhz pentium or athlon processor.
Post Wed Jul 14, 2004 4:13 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Name one game with a big detailed world, no loading breaks and 250+ NPCs, first release no later than Christmas 2002.
I hope you realize that you canīt have everything. Of course the typical FPS looks better, but it has almost no interactivity, only a limited number of NPCs, no quests and the AI is limited to combat.

PB changes their technology for G3. This is of course an indication that they think the one used in G2 is a dead end.
Post Wed Jul 14, 2004 7:37 am
Jackie
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

I think g2 has take fame from g1.
G1 has released ... 1998>...I think.
For this season i say it's good. six years before what they said??It's perfect??
Post Wed Jul 14, 2004 10:40 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Wed Jul 14, 2004 11:50 am
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

Gorath has a fat point there , if u dont want any loading points and landscape with massive npcs who btw do all kind of different tasks and all then u cant say that the engine is bad , like we allready saw gothic 1 and 2 had only maximum 3-4 loading points and that was all , imo the engine was made very nicely cos i hate loading points in the game after every 10 meters like morrowind had
Post Wed Jul 14, 2004 11:52 am
Jackie
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

Whatever!. But for its season was a good game.

Another question now has any different g2 on pc cd and on dvd cd??
Post Wed Jul 14, 2004 2:11 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 13, 14, 15  Next