I killed Myles....
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Wizardry 8

Author Thread
CatZ
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I killed Myles....

Will everyone hate me now that I killed Myles, I got so fucking fed up with him, I use portal spells to travel and he complains alot about some places so I killed him... (Myles is the most annoying carracter since boo in baldursgate

Well I think of myles like Jar-Jar Binks or something...

Does anyone know if this affects the gameplay ?
Post Sun Nov 03, 2002 2:37 pm
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

It should have no long-term affect on your game. You might miss out on some side quests you get from him if you haven't already done them (3 quests, none terribly important or profitable), but that should just about do it. The Higardi shouldn't be hostile, but you can check by bringing up the journal and switching over the the "group relations" page.
RIP Red Wings How 'Bout Dem Cowboys!
Post Sun Nov 03, 2002 3:09 pm
otter
One of Us

You don't have to kill RPC's to get them out of your party--just klick on the little icon that's supposed to be a door that appears in their portraits on their inventory screens.
I don't recruit any RPC's myself, but i kill some of them anyway, and it doesn't matter most of the time.
Post Sun Nov 03, 2002 9:59 pm
shai_aus
Village Leader
Village Leader

Good job. Myles is a wuss and whines way too much, so I never have him in my party. He does give you a couple of quests (mostly to do with robbery), but they aren't at all important.
Post Mon Nov 04, 2002 12:48 pm
CatZ
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

hehe thanks, The most funny part was when I dismissed him, and the dialogue said:

-" Are you sure you want to dispose of Myles remainants permanently?"
Post Mon Nov 04, 2002 1:06 pm
sealight4
City Guard
City Guard

I have Myles on the front line in the sea caves and Banjin.His backstabs and throwing ability(which I built up) have saved my bacon. Next to my fighter Myles is killing everything with aplomb, and some without. I will keep him til the next npc at banjin, maybe come back for him after. I just don't use his lock ability cause He is not going much further. He is getting a bad rap. He doesn't lose abilities when He goes where He don't want to. Vi has some red in her stats, Myles doesn't, making him more effective in places He normally won't go. I think Ras 81 is a bit overrated, Myles seems a better Melee fighter. He's at lvl 15, fairly strong with a few potions for help.
Post Mon Nov 04, 2002 2:06 pm
CatZ
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Well, everyone in my party is sure to kill the enemy, they all attack for around 15-30 x2-3.

My bishop isnt that powerful, but I have constant Missile Shield, Magic Screen, Armorplate, and a few others, My bard helps out with this as well.

I had a Mage previous game, that mage had 250 kills when my fighter who was next had about 80 hehe

Magicians r0x0rZ y0r b0x0rZ
Post Mon Nov 04, 2002 2:47 pm
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

I also didnt like Miles (it was only RPC I tried). I didnt killed him, but when he was killed in one difficult battle, I didnt resurect him :].
Post Mon Nov 04, 2002 6:24 pm
otter
One of Us

@ CatZ: Yah, Bishops can be weak, and you can make them more powerful with practise, it's all relative--if you don't practise much at all, they'll take longer to develop their power. It's even possible to push a L1 caster's Psi all the way to 100 by Charming Burz, or at L5 Wiz or Alc maxxed using Knock-Knock/mixing potions. That's pretty extreme, but if your School skill falls behind your level, you can practise just enough to qualify. It's also good to buy all the spellbooks instead of picking spells; you can save picks for the L6 & 7 ones with no books. You can increase your skills by reading books, including Artifacts, which you need to use stuff like Canned Elementals...Anyway, whatever extra effort you put into them makes Bishops more powerful sooner.
Post Tue Nov 05, 2002 9:11 am