Cycle of the Werewolf gallery
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Books & Movies

Author Thread
xSamhainx
Paws of Doom
Paws of Doom

Cycle of the Werewolf gallery

Stephen King's tales often tend to make really good movies, and "Silver Bullet" is one of those films which I truly consider great, and is one of my favorite films to this day. Gary Busey as "Uncle Red" has some hilarious lines, and there's just some great blood-chilling "revelation" moments for the characters that draws you in. Like when Marty's sister Jane is throwing the collected cans and bottles in the church shed, and turns to see the patch on the preacher's eye! What a great movie moment!

The tortured preacher's horrific and psychotic dreams, Marty's near brushes with doom, and like I said earlier, Gary Busey has some awesome, side-splitting lines in the film, it just makes it an enjoyable watch in my opinion. The film was based on Cycle of the Werewolf, a heavily illustrated novella released in the early 80's, and one of those books which was like some arcane tome to children such as myself. It was kinda scary and weird, with almost children's book illustration style by Berni Wrightson.

Ok, enough exposition, basically I found a gallery of all the illustrations from the book online, and thought I'd put up the link in case anyone else enjoys this one like I do. Use em for desktop wallpaper, avatars, print em out and give em to the kiddies, or just hoard em and look at em every once and awhile. There's 3 levels of zoom, click once to get the pic by itself, then you can click again for an even bigger version, that's the one you want-

+++++++CAUTION SOME OF THESE ARE A BIT GRAPHIC!!++++++

Cycle of the Werewolf Gallery
“Then away out in the woods I heard that kind of a sound that a ghost makes when it wants to tell about something that's on its mind and can't make itself understood, and so can't rest easy in its grave, and has to go about that way every night grieving.”-Mark Twain
Post Sat May 06, 2006 6:31 pm
xSamhainx
Paws of Doom
Paws of Doom

Isnt from Cycle of the Werewolf, but it's a cool pic nonetheless

“Then away out in the woods I heard that kind of a sound that a ghost makes when it wants to tell about something that's on its mind and can't make itself understood, and so can't rest easy in its grave, and has to go about that way every night grieving.”-Mark Twain
Post Thu May 11, 2006 11:46 am