View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
Frankstar76
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Constant Effect ?

Hellow...

My character has all statistics on a yellow-coloured-100 on the chart, full-dressed with all magical items...I'm using bracers which do +20 agility and +20 strength, but both agility and strength are yellow, which means "basic statistic", "no amplifier" whatsoever....
I thought that -if using CE-items or whenever casted- the number on the chart ought to be white whenever using amplifiers.

Anyway...when I take both bracers off...my statistics Agility and Strength become a red-coloured-80 !!!
So..in some way...the bracers are a part of my basis-skills. It seems that I'm dependent to both bracers to keep my stat's "positive"...

what's going on here ???

gr33tz Frankstar
Post Sun Oct 09, 2005 5:27 pm
cfmdobbie
High Emperor
High Emperor

What's happened is that your stats were "damaged" while you were wearing the bracers, and you restored that damage. However, the restore spell doesn't take modifiers into account, so only restores your stats up to the point that the current value is equal to your normal base value.

So Agility 100 plus bracers = 120. If your Agility was damaged by 50 points, that would take you to a modified value of 70. When you attempt to restore your Agility, it looks at the base (100) and the current (70) and restores 30 points. So your new Agility is 100 including bracers.

Make sure you remove any stat-boosting constant-effect items before getting restores. Removing the bracers will drop your Agility to 80, which can be restored back to 100, then putting the bracers on again will take you back up to 120.
Post Sun Oct 09, 2005 8:19 pm
Kamahl
King of Spam
King of Spam

Happened to me a few times too lol
die dunkle Seite zerstören, wir sollen
Post Mon Oct 10, 2005 5:46 am
Frankstar76
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:
Originally posted by cfmdobbie
...Make sure you remove any stat-boosting constant-effect items before getting restores. Removing the bracers will drop your Agility to 80, which can be restored back to 100, then putting the bracers on again will take you back up to 120.

you were right !...I also wear some +30-personality-helmet...all is back to normal again...*fjew*...thans guys...

greetz Frank
Post Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:06 pm
cfmdobbie
High Emperor
High Emperor

No problem, glad to help!

For what it's worth, it's a very commonly encountered bug, but as there are likely no more patches it's one we have to live with. Fortunately, once you know what's going on, it's easily avoided!
Post Mon Oct 10, 2005 7:50 pm
Kamahl
King of Spam
King of Spam

Spoiler:
spoiler:go to the shrine that is on dagoth fel and speak with the statue and do his quest ull get a better helmet

Mod: When in Morrowind General, spoilers go in spoiler tags, please!
die dunkle Seite zerstören, wir sollen
Post Tue Oct 11, 2005 1:30 pm
Frankstar76
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Well...afterwards I think I could have thought about the disease-thing, but I wasn't even aware of the fact I was infected...I never checked "under" the CE-items...

Something Else...trainers

Somewhere...thought Molag Mar, there is a trainer-Long Blade (Master?)
where you can keep spending your $ on training till zero;
After you bought a skill -with already 100 on chart- it says "your longblade-skill level has reached above 100". There is no actual number of reached lvl given.
On the other side...I only knew that -when lvl 100 skill is reached- it says "I can't teach you more bladibladi"

Just to make sure...all this is not a big issue or so...

greetz
Post Tue Oct 11, 2005 3:39 pm
cfmdobbie
High Emperor
High Emperor

Yes, I believe the game will react differently depending on whether your base stat is at 100 or your modified stat is over 100. Again, it's a bug we'll have to live with, I'm afraid!

But no, nothing to worry about - just remember to remove any constant-effect items before training as well!
Post Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:01 pm
calvinist3
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

immune to magic

If you are immune to magic you will not have to worry about stat damaging magic any more. Cursaiss of the Saviors Hide gives 60% resist magic constant effect. If your a Breton you're now at 110%. Other races will have to make up the other 40% through enchantments. No more take ammor on and off.

Spoiler:
This also prevents you from losing any strength gained from corpus disease. Your Intel, Willpwr, Spd, and Pers. and be restored through potions or spells while your Strength and End keep going up 1pt for every day you have the disease. You can keep the disease for as long as you want. Then go get cured. I have over 1000pt strength, no enchantments.
Post Fri Nov 11, 2005 4:27 pm