Dieting?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Arx Fatalis

Author Thread
svencha
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Dieting?

what is all the food for in arx? my character hasn't asked for food in hours of gameplay! did arcane remove this feature? too annoying for some people maybe?
svencha
Post Wed Jan 15, 2003 11:40 am
Michael C
Black Dragon
Black Dragon

Well, food will mainly restore some health for your character, but my character also asked for some food from time to time, and I guess if you starve him too long, it can affect your stats.
Refined food (cooked), have a better (longer) effect. But I guess you can find far more food i the game, than you need. Actually there is an eternal source of food, if you can find some good fishing spots! Personally I sold most of my food, and just kept a few baked breads, which seems to hold the hunger away from my character quite a long time!
Post Wed Jan 15, 2003 11:59 am
Merz
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

In Arx Fatalis version 1.13 (the one from CD), Am Shegaar used to ask for food every 20 or so minutes. It was driving me crazy. After updating the game to version 1.15, all of a sudden he stopped bugging me and I could play for hours w/o hearing him complaining about being hungry. Later I read somewhere that the last patch indeed tweeked this aspect of the came.. Now there is indeed too much food, which I use primarily to restore HP.
Post Wed Jan 15, 2003 12:33 pm
TribalMan
Conflict Within
Conflict Within

Yeah. I was pretty tired of hearing "I'm hungry" every few minutes. I would be feeding him like crazy too. "Ugh, that's raw."

Post Wed Jan 15, 2003 1:59 pm
Merz
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

Well, food is fun. I personally love a few grilled rat-ribs per day (something I can afford only in Arx) and I was happy to find more bodies in Arx that share my gastronomical choise.. Guess what I did with the water gobblins
Post Wed Jan 15, 2003 3:01 pm
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

quote:
Originally posted by Merz
In Arx Fatalis version 1.13 (the one from CD), Am Shegaar used to ask for food every 20 or so minutes.

Yes, yes, I was also tired and after playing several hours I had feeling it was not every 20 min. but at least every 2 min. :].
Post Wed Jan 15, 2003 6:54 pm
txiabxyooj
Fox Spirit
Fox Spirit

@merz, against my better judgement i am going to ask the question: what did you do with the water goblins?
"The origin of things, if things have an origin, cannot be revealed to me, if revealed at all, until I have travelled very far from it, and many revolutions of the sun must precede my first dawn. The light as it appears hides the candle." --Santayana
=member of the worshippers of the written word=
=member of the Non-flamers' guild=
Post Wed Jan 15, 2003 7:03 pm
Merz
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

txiabxyooj, I hope you are not friendly with the water kind? Regardless, some things are better kept untold..
Post Wed Jan 15, 2003 10:09 pm