What YOU would like to see in Gothic 2.
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
Shrapnel
Rocket Scientist
Rocket Scientist

2 things:
1) How you can have over 200 hours of gameplay logged into 1 game and not finished it...After 200 hrs man...time to use that Game CD as a frisbee or a coaster for a drink or something

2) A game with no ending? Thats ok for MMORPGs where there are monthly patches and updates to keep the same game fresh but...the whole point of playing RPGs is because there is an ultimate goal to accomplish. I MUST finish the ultimate goal in any game I play...only then can I truly enjoy the game for its replay value and quality and such. Now to have a game where life continues as usual after the main goal is completed is cool but...
Now what? Everyone saying the same things...
Monsters all gone...
Now you are the BIG DOG of your land with no one to flex muscles on...what to do now?
Post Thu Jan 17, 2002 10:39 pm
Bigpapa
Stranger from north
Stranger from north

There has to be MUD! And there has to be option to get experience points from hurting him with several ways!! Player should gain something extra from each ways

Post Thu Jan 17, 2002 10:42 pm
Bigpapa
Stranger from north
Stranger from north

Eh...pussy?

Post Thu Jan 17, 2002 10:51 pm
soltys
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

I'd like to see:

- more complex npcs behaviour (like: if you loot someone, there should be some sort of alarm, thief search actions, etc.)

- like someone said, more women (I mean - normal npcs and plot-important npcs) and with more than one sentence through all the game

- make weapons (and stuff in general) more difficult to get / buy.

And most of the stuff you already mentioned - like larger world, more complex fight, ......

[ This Message was edited by: soltys on 2002-01-17 17:17 ]
Post Thu Jan 17, 2002 11:14 pm
Baalcipher
Humanoid Typhoon
Humanoid Typhoon

If it goes the MMORPG route it might suck, I dont want to see another everquest forming from this.

However if the mods are multiplayer, we could start our own servers and have fun.

Post Thu Jan 17, 2002 11:22 pm

everthing they said was going to be in the 1st one and everything that they showed in screenshots like more battles in the arena and and more non liner stuff id also like to be able to make better weapons than a crude sword by my self and have a gang or something i also whould like to be able to kill any body and be able to take their armor id like to be able to own my own place and there should be more suprises like random fights with people while your walking around and one last thing you should be able to ask most people to fight you in an areana
Post Thu Jan 17, 2002 11:23 pm

Drakhan
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

This is Pretty insignificant, But, Monster spawning. I would like to wake up to a new day and have at least a small portion of the monsters re-spawn. it is pretty boring to travel back and forth between areas without having anything to do but simply walk. it would even make me happy if they would only spawn after a set amount of days, just let some of them respawn.

Oh yeah, and if anyone is working on a mod for Gothic now, I would greatly appriciate one that would include spawnin
Post Fri Jan 18, 2002 1:57 am
Baalcipher
Humanoid Typhoon
Humanoid Typhoon

Mabe a nest instead of a random spawning. Some places would be better left dead. Like the lakes where the bloodflies are.
Post Fri Jan 18, 2002 2:04 am
Rainstorm
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

Jaeger,if Project Ego will be what they claim it is,you'll prob. like that one.(Xbox though)
Morrowind like mentioned is open and just like with FO/FO2 you can beat the main plot and keep on playing after.

I kind of like that when you've cleared a path it stays clear 'til a new chapter...
OTOH I'd also like to see some more wildlife,the nest idea would be better than spawning I'd say.(the creatures can venture out from the nest,if you kill all in the nest it'll be empty 'til the next chapter...GL if you plan on taking on a shadowbeast nest... )

Interactive women,but since the world should be more open this time around I hope that'll happen.(the women inside were the property of the leaders and therefore I can understand their fear...)
There doesn't have to be sex and stuff,just more than a scripted standard reply...

More of everything and of course more open endings to make replayability increase.
Like (Shrapnel I think) mentioned,I'd also get it even if it's just "more of the same" since I did like it as is...nothing wrong with hoping for more though.
Post Fri Jan 18, 2002 7:26 am

You know what I want to see in Gothic 2?
Them NOT putting 100,000 stat boosting potions in the last 2 chapters. You just got too damn strong at the end of the game and it wasn't as much fun anymore.
Post Fri Jan 18, 2002 7:44 am

Baalcipher
Humanoid Typhoon
Humanoid Typhoon

I agree. The last battle was so anti-climactic. IT didtnt warrant all those potions.

The templars were more annoying than the demons.

Anyway. Mabe the sequel will say that he gets put in a dark hole again and loses all his combat memory (again).

Or say the potions were temporary stat boosters and wear off in a week or so.

Post Fri Jan 18, 2002 7:52 am

It will be interesting to see how they explain his stats at the begining of Gothic 2. You know they aren't gonna have us start out with a level 30 something character.
Post Fri Jan 18, 2002 7:54 am

Baalcipher
Humanoid Typhoon
Humanoid Typhoon

Actually a cap at level 30 is great.

Then all his new enemies will be like level 200-600 or something.

Level 100 isnt the end.
Post Fri Jan 18, 2002 8:29 am
Chimera
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

multiplayer
Post Fri Jan 18, 2002 10:26 am
Mr Wonderstuff
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I know, I know! How about....if he had a name or at least we create one.
Post Fri Jan 18, 2002 10:51 am

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next