Village Dweller
Village Dweller

arena...is there any fight in it?

what is arena in vivec good for??
Post Thu May 16, 2002 12:14 pm
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

I hope there will be fights. In Gothic there was arena and no fights in it. Two same mistakes in such a short time, it would be strange :].
Post Thu May 16, 2002 12:28 pm
pakaraatzi
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

I've posted about this before, and no one had seen anything happen in it both here and on the official site. I used to go back to check it, and I even stayed there and tried it at every hour, but nothing was ever happening.

I really wanted to see something happen after being shafted in Gothic with the arena there. Someone will have to make a mod for it I guess.
Post Thu May 16, 2002 2:31 pm
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

quote:
Originally posted by pakaraatzi
Someone will have to make a mod for it I guess.

LOL, good idea >].
Post Thu May 16, 2002 2:33 pm
evilbyte
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I was actually thinking about such a MOD ... to summarize, I was envisioning a competition that you could enter for a big prize. this event would be "heralded" throughout the world and all great warriors from all corners of Morrowind would gather to compete. You would not die, so if your health reached a certain level, you would be knocked out of the competition, and received a prize depending how far in the competition you have reached.

Also, I was thinking of gladiator shows modeled on a Roman style ... where you would see warriors go against each other, or against various bestiary of the world, reenacting various historical battles or events of Morrowind, or simply fighting.

As I was going into these ideas with greater detail, I started to wonder how feasible they are ... I haven't used the construction set yet. And since I'd rather finish the game first, I will not get to it for a while ... I'm sure somebody will beat me to it >
Post Thu May 16, 2002 4:36 pm
bolopunq
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

i already had one official duel at the arena, but it was quest related. we had to just see who's da better man! but otherwise, i didn't have anything to do with that place, except for the lower levels maybe.
Post Thu May 16, 2002 4:57 pm