RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Spoilers, Tips & Tricks

Author Thread
Uriziel
Grand Mage
Grand Mage

quote:
Originally posted by X-dANGEr
Lol, you kidding!!! 250 Mana without training. Lol

Actually that is not TOOOO far from the truth, but not until you enter the sleepers temple to banish him. I can't remember how much mana, but you get quite alot from the perm potions you find on the mummies. I'm guessing over 100 mana just from those two halls.....but ya, that is a long way from 250.

Peter: I'll tell you what it's not for, son. And when I do, you'll understand why I can never go back to Sea World.
Post Sat Sep 17, 2005 6:25 am
Rordog
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

I totally disagree with the majority here. I've played g1/2 over 10 times each and everytime I can never over emphasize the importance of SNEAK. Granted in g1 pickpocket and lockpick are unneccesary; sneak is invaluable. I love sneaking up on human opponents and getting in a good 3 hits before they even draw their weapon. Additionally you can sneak up on orcs to if they are facing the complete opposite direction. I love nailing an orc with whatever weapon I am currently using in the kidneys without him even knowing I was there. Now the advantage gained becomes moot around lvl 12 or so because you are already too powerful it is still fun to creep up behind some dude and lay waste to his lower back or a nice overhead chop with the two-hander just to mix it up a bit.
They are right to say bow skills are to be avoided, they make the game way too easy. The easiest play through I've ever had of gothic was as an archer/crossbowman.

A nice challenge the next time you play is to advance strength and dex at the same rate this way you are prevented from immediate uber status in the game.

later, rordog
Post Sat Sep 17, 2005 7:40 am
Giani
Village Leader
Village Leader

you guys...

the end of game had 190 strength and 260 mana (the mana without putting skill in it) >>also finished the game with a 1 hander,2 hander sucks!>> I only used my 2 hander to kill a creep that was all>>>dexterity is too easy<<< and to do that quest don't spend any points but only on sneak and you'll complete the fingers quest(if you learn sneak before you talk to fingers or learn it from a guy in new camp ,you'll have to invest another 10 points in pick pocketing or locks),<<<and with all these things explained I was a mage lvl 6 circle,haha
dexteity had 15-20 don't remember,and lvl was from 35+++ don't know what lvl exactly , and btw>>> mud rocks!
Post Sat Sep 17, 2005 10:59 am
Giani
Village Leader
Village Leader

hmm

did I forgott to mention something ???
Post Sat Sep 17, 2005 11:00 am
Giani
Village Leader
Village Leader

oh yea

oh yes...
killed all creatures,killed all the mortal guys from old camp,all from swamp,all from new camp,in last chapter I got a lvl or so
the one guy that I didn't killed was my brother > mud
and to make sure I killed everything I even bought all scrolls of summoning from xardas so I make a big lvl,summon then kill the thing,etc etc etc>>>again mud the almighty was at my right side
Post Sat Sep 17, 2005 11:06 am
X-dANGEr
Unknown Destiny
Unknown Destiny

You can't even achieve 100 Mana without training I guess.
Post Sat Sep 17, 2005 12:36 pm
Kamahl
King of Spam
King of Spam

those 2 rooms in the end give way over 200 mana and give a lot of strenght and dex.And in all sleepers temple there r a lot of pots mummies and stuff
die dunkle Seite zerstören, wir sollen
Post Sat Sep 17, 2005 4:13 pm
X-dANGEr
Unknown Destiny
Unknown Destiny

I wait for Wulf to tell us his wise final word. I trust him as a Gothic fanatic
Post Sun Sep 18, 2005 3:40 pm
Kamahl
King of Spam
King of Spam

lol trust me its true
die dunkle Seite zerstören, wir sollen