View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Gothdick
Village Leader
Village Leader

Forging, and the sacred hammer

before i forget...

ok, im a novice, soon to become a mage, is there any way i can learn how to forge a magic blade? or has that ship sailed?

the sacred hammer which i steal from the monestary...

will i ever have to give it back? can i just keep it in my inventory safe in the knowledge that the mages wont find out about it? and how good is the hammer? at the moment my weapon of choice is the rough two hander, im guessing the hammer is better, but can anybody give me an idea of how good it is?
Post Fri Jun 27, 2003 8:27 pm
pismeub
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

no, you cannot learn how to forge a magic blade if your not in the supervision of the smith in town. but i think you can buy one

and you don't have to give the hammer back ( it commes in handy whit golems. . it doesn't have any affect on other creatures than golems - hit a golem ones and he's history. if you steal the hammer you first have to use a sleepingscroll or rune on the novice in this room, then you can take it and no one will ever know, if you don't you'll have to pay a panelty of 50 GP.

good luck

=member of The RPGDot Shadows=
=member Gothic Novel Writers=
=member The Allience of middle Earth=

God, smite me, oh mighty smiter!!!
Post Fri Jun 27, 2003 8:37 pm
Gothdick
Village Leader
Village Leader

ok, im not calling you a liar and i appreteate your help, but i have allready bashed loadsa guys with the hammer, before that happened i also thought it only had effect on golems...

also ******* BUG ALERT******* go to the mercenarie in onars farm who bets you that you cant hold his weapon.... you must have the sacred hammer in your inventory, but not equiped... then he gives you his weapon, and you pull out 'the sacred hammer' instead of his weapon, and you win the bet.... (i guess this happens because they didnt expect ppl to do merc missions when they are a novice, but im trying to get all the XP i can)

if i have made some sort of stupid mistake here pls go easy, but just thought id mention it..

while im posting i just found out lord andre knows how to pickpocket, cool
Post Fri Jun 27, 2003 8:42 pm
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

Re: Forging, and the sacred hammer

quote:
Originally posted by Gothdick
ok, im a novice, soon to become a mage, is there any way i can learn how to forge a magic blade?

Sorry. No forged magic blades for mages.

quote:
or has that ship sailed?

What ship?

quote:
the sacred hammer which i steal from the monestary...

will i ever have to give it back? can i just keep it in my inventory safe in the knowledge that the mages wont find out about it?

If you wish to keep it, keep it. Noone will act against you. (seriously)
Post Fri Jun 27, 2003 8:45 pm
pismeub
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

thanks, i didn't knew that the hammer worked on everyone

Post Fri Jun 27, 2003 8:45 pm
hereticiv
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Actually the hammer does work on everyone and it does NOT kill golems in one hit that is only true for the magic golem and none of the others! Trust me I tried to kill the ice golems and rock golems with it and although it does work it sure as hell takes more than one hit and I have 90str, so I know it is the weapon There are much better blunt weapons out there so I suggest keeping not for a weapon but just because you want to. IN chapter 2 by the orc barricade there is a great blunt weapon that is 1h and does 60dmg the exicutioner (i think).
Post Fri Jun 27, 2003 8:49 pm
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by hereticiv
IN chapter 2 by the orc barricade there is a great blunt weapon that is 1h and does 60dmg the exicutioner (i think).

For a mage, it's probably not a good idea to spend too much LP on strength and weapon skills. So, mages may not be capable of wielding these swords.
Post Fri Jun 27, 2003 8:53 pm
pismeub
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

ok, ok, hereticiv, i'm sorry i'm wrong

Post Fri Jun 27, 2003 8:54 pm
Gothdick
Village Leader
Village Leader

quote:
What ship?

sorry just an expression

so, would the sacred hammer be better against skeletons than the rough two hander?
Post Fri Jun 27, 2003 9:00 pm
Ruskie Soldat
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

That bug in the merc camp doesn't actually happen just because you have the hammer. If you have ANY weapon that takes more strength to use than that merc's two-hander, you'll pull it out instead, I guess to prove that you can handle even more weight than his sword.
Post Fri Jun 27, 2003 10:17 pm
Gothdick
Village Leader
Village Leader

is it true that he then pulls out the heaviest weapon in his inventory? that would imply that the hammer is heavier than the rough two hander... but then again rough two hander is 40 strength, and i only have 40 strength....
Post Fri Jun 27, 2003 10:58 pm
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
is it true that he then pulls out the heaviest weapon in his inventory? that would imply that the hammer is heavier than the rough two hander... but then again rough two hander is 40 strength, and i only have 40 strength....

Yes. The hero pulls out the weapon that requires the most strength. I remember I pulled out a one-handed weapon during Rod's test.

quote:
Originally posted by Ruskie Soldat
That bug in the merc camp doesn't actually happen just because you have the hammer.

There WAS a bug for Rod's test in German v1.28. In some cases, the hero couldn't wield the sword, no matter how strong he was. I wish this bug is fixed for the English version.

quote:
Originally posted by gothdick
so, would the sacred hammer be better against skeletons than the rough two hander?

The Holy Hammer is good only for the Magic Golem. Don't expect you'll get the advantage against other golems, undead monsters, etc. It is a relatively weak weapon in the game.

As far as I can remember, the only powerful offence against undead is paladin's set of holy runes.
Post Fri Jun 27, 2003 11:25 pm
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

And the mage spell "Destroy Undead" which does 9999 damage to any undead creature(for some reason it also killed a bloodfly once, but that's just a bug or something.. maybe bloodflies are counted among the dead for some reason).
Post Sat Jun 28, 2003 5:46 pm
Gothdick
Village Leader
Village Leader

yeah im still saving up my mana to be able to use that spell... hmm, im level 8, 40 streength and 37% 2h and my blows deal out no damage to zombies... someone suggested holy water (maybe as a joke i dont know) anyhow i found some holy water, will this help me?
Post Sat Jun 28, 2003 6:26 pm
pismeub
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

it worked in the exorsist and with vampires.......so.....no, i'm just kiddin.

Post Sat Jun 28, 2003 6:28 pm