View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Spoilers, Tips & Tricks

Author Thread
SilkenKidden
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

quote:
Originally posted by Gorath
Itīs definitly possible to climb up the tower without cheating. Maybe some transformation scrolls can be useful.
FYI, the Chromanin quest is optional.

Please post in the correct forum. Troubleshooting is only for technical problems.

Thanks for the tip. I got up the second plank as a meatbug but I can't get to the little platform at the other side. I thought for sure blood fly would work, but the dang fly will go forward and down, but not up! I can't jup up to it. I tried being a wolf, mine crawler, and mole rat. I guess the orc dog is a useless for jumping as the wolf.

I've been back and fourth between the swamp camp, buying spells, and the tower a number of times. I'm tired of making that trip to the Castle Ruins.

I'm ready to cheat. Please tell me what spell gets me up to the shelf like thing after I crawl up that second plank.

Thanks.
Post Thu Apr 24, 2003 1:34 am
SilkenKidden
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

Re: Chromanin Mission help

quote:
Originally posted by mrhtml16
Ok, I just started the Chromanin mission, the one where you have to find the books. I have found the first one in the Tower on the hill by the shipwreck, I read that the 2nd book is supposed to be in the lookout tower where you find Ur-Shak the friendly Orc Shaman. Is this right? I have tried to get to the top of tower but I think it is impossible! I even tried to cheat to get to the top and that didn't work! PLEASE HELP!

I got acrobatics just to do this quest and I still couldn't do it. I just jumped the wrong way with a lot more motion. I never did complete this. However I did get up that second ramp. Spoiler below. But once up there I couldn't get to the next level. Maybe jumping would have worked here but I had restored to prior to getting acrobatics. It is just too time consuming to go get acrobaics again and then get back there to try the second jump.

Spoiler:

*I transformed into a meatbug to crawl up the first ramp. But I tried a wolf, molerat, minecrawler, and bloodfly to get up to the shelf. None of them worked. Now I'm going to see if I can find a golem transformation spell. Perhaps he'll be tall enough.*
Post Thu Apr 24, 2003 1:48 am
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

There are no golem transforms, sorry.
Post Thu Apr 24, 2003 6:01 am
Killersan the Imp
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

ull have to jump straight up when the stair to 2nd level ends not foward like acrobatics does u really dont have to get the skill
Post Thu Apr 24, 2003 8:21 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

The Chromanin quest isnīt worth so much effort. Try to find out the correct waypoint and teleport to the top of the tower.
Post Thu Apr 24, 2003 11:01 pm
SilkenKidden
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

quote:
Originally posted by Gorath
The Chromanin quest isnīt worth so much effort. Try to find out the correct waypoint and teleport to the top of the tower.

Hey, it turned out easy once I knew how to do it. I didn't need acrobatics. The jump to the ledge was easy.

However, I did try using a waypoint at one time and could do it. The instructions say to enter: gw waypoint. I looked up the waypoint for the top of the tower. It was castle_tower_top. However, I couldn't enter that in the console. You can't enter the underscores. Where do you find the co-ordinates for the goto pos cheat? I may have just skipped over them but I didn't see them in the FAQ. Can you tell me exactly how to go to a waypoint? The following didn't work: gw castle_tower_top
Post Sat Apr 26, 2003 4:06 am
lestat14
Tremere Vampire

you enter the underscore by pushing shift and then the ? button.
Lestat
Post Sat Apr 26, 2003 8:35 pm
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Quest

I have a question, can I do this quest at any time in the game or does it have to be in chapter four? I might be able to handle it later in the game.
Mark Twain
Post Tue Apr 29, 2003 11:40 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

Whenever you feel like it.
Post Wed Apr 30, 2003 7:30 am
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Thanks but Help.

Thanks Jaz. I hoped I could. Also do you have any tricks to kill the Fire Lizards? They are giving me fits. I have tried several things but no luck. Hel p.
Mark Twain
Post Thu May 01, 2003 1:43 am
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Fire Lizards can't climb. Zip on in, climb the shipwreck (up the dropped support beam) and open fire with a good bow or crossbow. It may take a while, but you'll kill them.

ALternatively, you could do something like this:

http://www.geocities.com/bughunterx/DQPart20.html

If you're crazy, like me.

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

=Member of the Nonflamers Guild=
=Worshipper of the Written Word=
Post Thu May 01, 2003 6:30 pm
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Lizards

Thanks, I tried that once but never got on top, I'll go back and give it a try.
Mark Twain
Post Fri May 02, 2003 4:45 pm
lestat14
Tremere Vampire

i read that entire diggers quest story and i thought it was absolutly hilarious i loved it....it was great......
Lestat
Post Fri May 02, 2003 10:42 pm
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

It was fun to write. I loaded it up the other day, still having the saves now that I reinstalled Gothic... the sad conclusion to the sage is that it's not possible to beat chapter 5/6 with the pickaxe. There's too many fire spells being flung around. With a fire resist of 5 to 15, I didn't stand a chance against the orc shamen and the orcs in the temple... I shudder to think how I could have fought Mr Pyrokinisis (Cor Kalom) in the final battle. That would have been all but impossible.

Still, I made it to chapter 5 with digger pants, a pickaxe, an amulet of stone skin, an amulet of +20 strength, two greater rings of invincibility, and two rings of +10 strength. I don't consider that a loss.

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

=Member of the Nonflamers Guild=
=Worshipper of the Written Word=
Post Sat May 03, 2003 5:08 am
Dez
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

hahah I also read it, i'll hope you try that in Gothic2 too!
Post Sat May 03, 2003 3:48 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next