The Experiment and Mad Fallan...
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
preed
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

The Experiment and Mad Fallan...

In The Experiment when I am supposed to test the Oblivion spell scroll on someone, who do I use it on and how exactly? There is an entry in the journal that says like "This is an ideal opportunity to test...... and he would also forget he reported the matter.... " etc but it doesn't say WHO and I dont know when that extra entry in the quest journal appeared so I have no idea who I am supposed to knock down.. Tried knocking down the alchemist himself and used the scroll on him but that didnt work, also the scroll didn't seem to work either cause when he got to his feet he said "I will remember this the next time"...

About Mad Fallan.. How do you stop him from hammering? I have tried knocking him down and stealing his hammer but somehow he magically gets another one and keeps at it.. bleh.. :p

[edit: Ok I forgot maybe I could just knock him down and then talk to him, that worked and he stopped hammering.. BUT he said if everything collapses it'll be my fault.. And on that note I wonder if there is any way to do the work for him since I noticed you can leftclick on the 2 spots he was working on to start hammering yourself, providing you GOT a hammer.. However nothing seems to come from that..]

- Preed -

Last edited by preed on Sun Jun 22, 2003 4:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Sun Jun 22, 2003 4:17 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

1) Beat someone up (preferrably without the cops = militia seeing it). Then use the scroll on this guy. I knocked down the smith's apprentice for the experiment.
2) Talk to Fellan until you have used up all dialog options. Then beat him up, then talk to him again.
Post Sun Jun 22, 2003 4:20 pm
preed
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

The Experiment must have bugged out on me.. Cause I no longer get any dialog about the experiment from Ignaz but the journal still doesn't list the quest as completed :/

Tried oblivion on a number of people including the one you used, the smith apprentice dude just outside Ignaz..

- Preed -
Post Sun Jun 22, 2003 4:35 pm
bigkabuto
High Emperor
High Emperor

You know...i felt kinda sorry for Fellan...i mean..he hasn't done me any harm i didn't evenknow him...just because of that stupid butcher i should beat him up? but he is hammering for a good cause ...so i don't know why i should really beat him up..when he said "if it collapses, then it'll be your fault" kinda sucked...i don't want that...i even checked it out..but when i'm around the butcher guy i don't hear any hammer...he's just whining.

And about the experiment..i can't get it to work....i've beated several people down {without others seeing it} and when he was about to stand up...i used the spell..but no changes..damn.

-Guru,Gang Starr |Skills|
Post Sun Jun 22, 2003 4:48 pm
Kavok
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I knock him down use the scroll on him when he is down.
He gets back up and says that usual "You'll regret that" or whatever.
So then I do the "About.." whatever thing and he asks if I wasted the scroll, so I am given the option to only look at his wares now. What'd I do wrong? How do I finish this?
Post Wed Jun 25, 2003 12:30 am
honourcobain
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

ive just told to the hunter guy "lets go hunting" and in the deep forest where no critters around i draw my weapon, he shout me to draw my weapon back but i kinda waited and he start the fight with me (not me )..no matter i just used the scroll during the fight..he hit me 3 times but i run away after using the spell..he tracked me awhile and turned back to city...success!
Post Thu Jun 26, 2003 12:32 pm
Gothdick
Village Leader
Village Leader

that hardly seems like a success on the whole

btw to everyone having trouble wit hthe scroll, first off you may not know that you prime the spell with LMB (just like a bow) and press 'forward' to shoot it.... another thing, if you use it on them while they are down it WILL NOT WORK, wait untill they are standing, about the time they turn towards you to say 'watch next time' or whatever they say after you hand them their ass.... apparently there is a blue glow around thier head when it is the right time to use it.... basicly let them get up then zap them before they say anything to you.
Post Thu Jun 26, 2003 12:43 pm
Shrapnel
Rocket Scientist
Rocket Scientist

as soon as he gives you the scroll, knock Ignaz senseless and use his own scroll on him. big time saver. (take all his loot while youre at it)
Post Thu Jun 26, 2003 2:56 pm