Usergroups
Gamepad support would be cool...
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
SpineOfGod
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

After playing the demo of this game( I am blown away by how good it is), and getting use to the controls, I began thinking how well suited this game may be for use with a gamepad. Does anyone know if a gamepad will work with this game. Maybe Piranha could add support in a patch? Does anyone else think this would be cool... I know gamepads arent used much anymore but I think this game would be well suited to use one with the button combos and such.
Post Fri Oct 19, 2001 2:34 pm
Stiletto
God Emperor
God Emperor

I agree that the game would fit on a gamepad very nicely. Don't most game pads have assignable buttons so you could assign buttons to different keyboard keys? I don't know myself, not having a gamepad and all.

Post Fri Oct 19, 2001 2:52 pm
SpineOfGod
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Yea, you might be right. Im going to have to dig out my gamepad and try it. Im pretty sure i can map all the keys to the gamepad. I just havent used the gamepad in so long i dont remeber if it needs built in support.
Post Fri Oct 19, 2001 5:15 pm
Hawkwind
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

quote:

On 2001-10-19 09:34, SpineOfGod wrote:
After playing the demo of this game( I am blown away by how good it is), and getting use to the controls, I began thinking how well suited this game may be for use with a gamepad. Does anyone know if a gamepad will work with this game. Maybe Piranha could add support in a patch? Does anyone else think this would be cool... I know gamepads arent used much anymore but I think this game would be well suited to use one with the button combos and such.

Well, each to his or her own - but I couldn't imagine using a gamepad on a game like Gothic. Gamepads are great for driving/racing sorts of games, but I just don't see how they could be anything but clumsy in this type of game.

However, that's just my view

==Hawkwind==
Post Fri Oct 19, 2001 11:09 pm
Ragnar
High Emperor
High Emperor

I asked the guys at Piranha if they were going to support input devices other than the keyboard/mouse and they said no…I have Hammerhead FX (force feedback, button programmable) game pad that I tried with FPS games. It sucked…control was not fine enough. But since this game does not seem like it needs precise control (?) it might work. The only thing is, which ones do you support? I happen to like the joystick/mouse combo…Many programmable buttons, fine control and no stress to the palm of hand. After a few hours of playing, the palm of my left hand feels like it on fire.

Sylvio
Post Wed Oct 31, 2001 8:09 pm