Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Very disappointed (only if you beat it should you read it )
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Did you like the ending?
Yes
38%
 38%  [ 5 ]
No
61%
 61%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 13

Author Thread
SeraphimBenited
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Very disappointed (only if you beat it should you read it )

Wow...that ending really blew it for me...i found it terrible...but...i guess that it was just a set up for the sequel once again....when Gothic 3 comes out (lets hope on time this time around eh guys? ) it better have a damn good ending!
Post Sat Jun 28, 2003 9:52 pm
FetishFool
High Emperor
High Emperor

Each game lasts about 30 game days.

How long is a war?

So far, we've only gone through 80 game days on average.

Thirty days through Gothic 1. Two weeks of slumber under some rocks. Then another thirty days through Gothic 2.

If you know what I mean.

Gothic 3 might not have any better ending.
Post Sat Jun 28, 2003 10:13 pm
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by FetishFool
Each game lasts about 30 game days.
Thirty days through Gothic 1. Two weeks of slumber under some rocks. Then another thirty days through Gothic 2.

Imagine how the hero feels. Every month, he advances from the weakest (even a meatbug can kill him) to the strongest (stronger than dragons). And afterwards, he goes back to the weakest again. Yet, he never whines and complains. No wonder why he should be considered as the Chosen One by Innos.

@SeraphimBenited: To be a happy person, I would rather be satisfied with the ending. This game is developed by Piranha Bytes, a team with no more than a dozen of developers. It's not some big uber companies like Blizzard Entertainment.
Post Sat Jun 28, 2003 10:47 pm
pismeub
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

i think the ending was great, because i never thought xardas would be an evil one, and you ar both wrong, first there wil be the Gothic 2 expansion and after that Gothic 3

=member of The RPGDot Shadows=
=member Gothic Novel Writers=
=member The Allience of middle Earth=

God, smite me, oh mighty smiter!!!
Post Sat Jun 28, 2003 10:49 pm
mythicdude
City Guard
City Guard

is there a posibility to continue the expanion pack of gothic 2 (if there is going to be one) with the character u played in gothic 2?
or u must begin from the weakest again-if u are weak this sucks
Post Sat Jun 28, 2003 11:26 pm
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by mythicdude
is there a posibility to continue the expanion pack of gothic 2 (if there is going to be one) with the character u played in gothic 2?

Cited from this interview:

quote:
Originally posted by Evil Avatar
Q: What can you tell us about the content of the Gothic II add-on which was unveiled some time ago? Where is it set to take place? Will there be new elements to be seen?

MH: Sorry, I can't tell you anything about the story yet. It will, however, be integrated in the original game and won't be a new standalone part. (There are, however, certain areas which can be played thorough in one part, so the addon content is not completely split up.)

Hoge said that the addon content will be "integrated in the original game". From my understanding, I think there won't be a "Chapter 7" in the addon. The addon merely adds some extra contents that won't terribly change the overall plot of the game, which means that the addon won't extend to the future of Gothic.

I don't know if I'm wrong or not, but ...
Post Sat Jun 28, 2003 11:37 pm
cunz
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:
Originally posted by pismeub
i think the ending was great, because i never thought xardas would be an evil one, and you ar both wrong, first there wil be the Gothic 2 expansion and after that Gothic 3

i loved the ending 2

anyway the ending explains that xardas is not evil, he only want's power of belial(the 2 things are different). it explains quite well that xardas is not like the undead dragon or the sleeper, he has his own human will(unlike the infernal creatures) like you.
for example:
you are the choosen of innos but nothing stops you from killing people stealing ecc ecc. xardas is the choosen of belial(not really but it took the belial powers anyway) but nothing stops him from helping his race (the humans).
that could change in the future of course. but i prefere xardas as an ally that as an enemy!
i find him carismatic!.
Post Wed Jul 02, 2003 3:57 am
Uriziel
Grand Mage
Grand Mage

Since Xardas is the most powerful of all the mages, I do hope he becomes my next target in Gothic 3. Don't get me wrong, I like the guy, and kinda trust him, but I have to assume by the ending that he's gonna step over the line and "me" will have to step in and take names

Imagine a scenario where Xardas goes power mad, can control the "evil" and "me" has to make an alliance with the orcs to stop him. That ties up the loose threads when Xardas told us b4 that the orcs were'nt animals and had a rich social history.

I must say one thing tho, PB made a mistake in my eyes by having Diego become a less than honorable guy this time around. I realize he was in PRISON when we met, but he was honorable none the less. Lester I'll never trust, Milton is.........well.........a pussy. Gorn and Diego were my favs in gothic, but Diego turns out to be not so much, and Gorn does'nt help this time around, but at least he did'nt turn scumbag on us. Part of the allure of Gothic series for me is the relationships/friendships you develop, but Gothic 2 never develops those kind of bonds IMHO. The longest relationship in Gothic 2 is with Biff, and he's only around for the money, and you don't even have to use him. I still remember the respect given and earned with characters like Diego, and especially Gorn. I finished Gothic and actually MISSED my friends from it lol. Ok, I said more than one thing.........sue me

Peter: I'll tell you what it's not for, son. And when I do, you'll understand why I can never go back to Sea World.
Post Wed Jul 02, 2003 4:29 am
Irf
High Emperor
High Emperor

well, you kinda felt a Kinship with Lee, especially as a Merc, I wouldn;t say Diego's character was ruined, just his damned voice! He's a cunning guy who is good to goodies and bad to anyone else, plain and simple.
I didnt like the last chapter, too easy really, but I liked the ending videos and the Xardas thing.
Post Wed Jul 02, 2003 4:44 am
Der_Schnitter_t
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

quote:
Originally posted by Kiwi Boy
Hoge said that the addon content will be "integrated in the original game". From my understanding, I think there won't be a "Chapter 7" in the addon. The addon merely adds some extra contents that won't terribly change the overall plot of the game, which means that the addon won't extend to the future of Gothic.

I don't know if I'm wrong or not, but ...

Might be able to tell you at the end of next month or the beginning of September, if it is released here on time and when I have the money ready. Ah, there still sometimes is some joy to being German, even though most of the time we have to wait for the games.
Post Wed Jul 02, 2003 3:51 pm