Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Some thoughts on the final chapter (spoilers!)
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
The Trickster
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Some thoughts on the final chapter (spoilers!)

I know that lots of you havenīt played/finished G2 and there are quit big
SPOILERS AHEAD

Now, letīs go! What do you think of the 6th chapter? I think itīs pretty lame to have mostly orcs around. Hey devs, remember, I have killed loads of them for 2 chapters.
The death dragon was ridiculous I just fought him like the other dragons, that means summoning a few creeps and watch how hell breaks loose. Iīd really like to have seen a spectacular end fight in wich you have to actually use the specific abilities of your character class (like i.e. a mage must use a combo of different spells).
I REALLY think that the devs had to do this in a short amount of time and because of that itīs a rush job.
The only cool thing in the last chapter are the mysterious writings on the wall.
But donīt believe that I dislike the game. I really think it is the greatest computer rpg that you can get right now. But itīs like Gothic 1 which means that the end is not as stellar as the beginning.

About Xardas: I thought this twist in the story was quiet nice. I wonder what his real agenda is. Somehow I feel that he will make some trouble in the future, after all he is a servant of Belia.
Post Sat May 31, 2003 11:22 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

I also didnīt like chapter 6. It was short and unspectacular. Was is this small island compared to the Sleeper temple in Gothic?
The last opponent was even more disappointing than the Sleeper, but the ending itself was pretty good, I think. A really nice twist.
My fovourite chapter was the 5th. I felt like Iīm in 'The magnificent Seven'.

What I liked was the overall quality of the quests throughout the whole game. Lots of different stuff, not only UPS quests.
Post Sun Jun 01, 2003 5:34 am
craptor
Village Leader
Village Leader

first of all it is BELIAR no BELIA. Then Xardas is not a servant of beliar. He doesnt work for him. He is just a magician who studied dark magic on his own. And if everything was fine at the end could there be a gothic 3 ? you have to make something go wrong at the end so that the story continues.#Heh gothic 3 is still not there but there will be a gothic 3.
Post Thu Jun 05, 2003 12:55 pm
Krzychu
Hidden Character
Hidden Character

The sixth chapter was not so good indeed. I was disappointed that all the people I took with me didn't do anything - like Diego said that he can disable traps or something but I didn't need him anywhere. Altough the atmosphere on the island made me worry about my team which was fun. I liked also the scenery there - I was actualy scared a few times while walking in the dark rooms of the temple. And the final boss: what is this? I didn't believe that this was the real source of evil until I finished the conversation with him. The ending was good. Somewhere deep in my soul I expected that Xardas will do something like this. First I thought that this was a bit stupid but after a while I started to like it more and more. I like it so much that now I cannot count the times that I've seen it.
And the thing with Xardas is strange. He says that he has been chosen by Beliar but all the things he did earlier made Innos victorious, though he did it for his own purposes.
I don't see the ending fine. The war with orcs continues and if you ask the guy in Khorinis [I don't remember his name] about the future he tells you that the king will lose the war and who knows what are Xardas' plans?
I realy hope that I wont have to fight with him in Gothic 3 - he was a good ally.
Post Sat Jun 07, 2003 10:37 pm
Killersan the Imp
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

The final boss? where is he i just killed another skinny dragon
a big help: use the shrink scroll or rune on the boss ull find the scroll 2 rooms back u are gonna laugh a goblin skeleton sized dragon who doesnt do anything only runs away from you. Is there anywhere a help that teaches how to make screenshots ?
im a bit dum id like to make a screenshot from that.

shrinking the boss im more evil than the dragon
Post Sun Jun 08, 2003 3:40 pm
hoyp
High Emperor
High Emperor

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

damn it! I can't believe I read the ending
Post Tue Jun 10, 2003 12:49 am
preed
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Craptor: You didn't finish the game did you? Xardas usurped all the power of the undead dragon who was Beliar's avatar in the mortal realm and now Xardas is the new avatar of beliar..

- Preed -
Post Fri Jun 27, 2003 12:36 am
FetishFool
High Emperor
High Emperor

Both Xardas and 'Beliar' think they have the edge over eachother.

The loyalty of Xardas is of no concern to Beliar. Beliar thinks he has control over all his henchmen.
Beliar's means of control is of no concern to Xardas. Xardas thinks he's ready to resist Beliar's power.
Afterall, Xardas has a unique ability to comprehend ancient books and scrolls that give him a map of what to expect. He also has the blessing of Innos, with the raw magical power of Beliar.

Now that Xardas has what he wants, he can probably become a God himself if he chooses to.

Last edited by FetishFool on Fri Jun 27, 2003 1:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Fri Jun 27, 2003 1:20 am
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by FetishFool
He also has the blessing of Innos, with the raw magical power of Beliar.

But, he got nothing from Adanos. Perhaps this God will be the key for the next chapters of Gothic.

Also, why doesn't the hero know his identity? Does his amnesia relate to Xardas in any way?
Post Fri Jun 27, 2003 1:22 am
FetishFool
High Emperor
High Emperor

Xardas is probably playing the ol' black magic trick of control over your henchmen.
Our hero is pretty unique. In less than 30 days, he goes from the weakest individual in Khorinis to becoming the most powerful.

It'd make perfect sense if Xardas went after some Water power.
Throughout G2, we were preached about how Adanos balances Innos and Beliar.
Without Adanos, the world wouldn't go 'round.

$50 says I can predict the plot to the next Gothic.
-Xardas goes insane when he has a civil war within himself.
-Xardas becomes the prime enemy. Beliar is no longer a player since he has no worldly presence.
-Much of the Order of Innos is destroyed by Xardas. Milten somehow survievs yet again, while all the Head Mages of Innos are dead.
-The ranks of Adanos are scattered throughout the country. Leaving you to re-unite them into a single rebellion.
-Your ultimate mission is to force Xardas to create peace within himself. You don't get to kill him.

... Then Gothic 4.
Post Fri Jun 27, 2003 1:32 am
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Xardas is probably playing the ol' black magic trick of control over your henchmen.
Our hero is pretty unique. In less than 30 days, he goes from the weakest individual in Khorinis to becoming the most powerful.

Then in less than three weeks, he goes back to the weakest.

quote:
-Xardas goes insane when he has a civil war within himself.
-Xardas becomes the prime enemy. Beliar is no longer a player since he has no worldly presence.
-Much of the Order of Innos is destroyed by Xardas. Milten somehow survievs yet again, while all the Head Mages of Innos are dead.
-The ranks of Adanos are scattered throughout the country. Leaving you to re-unite them into a single rebellion.
-Your ultimate mission is to force Xardas to create peace within himself. You don't get to kill him.

Also, King Rhobar's empire has been destroyed by the orcs, as we heard from Abuyin's prophecy in Chapter 5. Can you comment on that? Will the hero participate in the "second part" of the orc war?
Post Fri Jun 27, 2003 1:45 am
FetishFool
High Emperor
High Emperor

I predict the re-aquaintence with Ur-Shak.

Our hero falls down a muddy hill right into an Orc Town.
<cutscene start>
The Orcs surround his muddy, unarmored, body. Angry faces and all.
Then comes Ur-Shak pushing through the ring of Orc Warriors (which are sporting new, snazzier armor).
Ur-Shak, being the son of a head Orc as he is, has influence. He saves you.
<cutscene #2>
You're sitting in an orc tent drinking really bad tea. Re-aquainting yourself with Ur-Shak.
<cutscene end>

You are now part of an Orc tribe. One tribe that has broken their connection with Beliar.
In order to create an army large enough to have influence throughout the country, you need to liberate more Orc tribes.

No more human allies. That's too typical.
Adano's ranks will be around of help, but if you can find them, so can Xardas. So they die conviently after you've already gotten what you wanted from them.
Post Fri Jun 27, 2003 1:58 am
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
No more human allies. That's too typical.

I don't agree with your "future plot". The hero has betrayed Ur-Shak by murdering his elder, Hosh-Pak. Ur-Shak got extremely upset and swore not to talk to any human anymore. So, it's quite impossible that Ur-Shak will serve you with hospitality.

Actually, the "future plot" in my mind is similar to yours. The ship sank due to severe weather, and the hero was sent to a beach by ocean waves. He was then picked up by the orcs, who had won the war. However, unlike your story, the orcs raped him, beat him up, forced him to do hard labour and eat insects, etc. etc. etc. The hero's skills and ability was deteriorating during this stage.

Ur-Shak was not the hero's companion anymore. He was the leader of torture group. He's also one of the "priest" who sacrificed young humans to Beliar.

For some reason (can't think of one), some guy (definitely not Xardas) came around the orc's tent and rescued the hero. (just make up some cutscene, I don't know) The guy would then sent the hero to some small village. This is where the new game starts.
Post Fri Jun 27, 2003 2:17 am
FetishFool
High Emperor
High Emperor

That'd be very cool. Like a POW camp thing.
So you're weak, yet again.

I'll be looking forward to any new Orc armor.
And something like Transform Into Orc.

And.. Conversion kits!!

If you're a Warrior, you'll be able to convert a Mage's robe into a warrior's outfit.
And vice versa.

Intentional hybrids! Imagine the High Robe of Fire with Dragon Slayer armor.
You'll look like the size of an Orc with it all on.

Super cool.
Post Fri Jun 27, 2003 2:29 am
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
So you're weak, yet again.

IMHO, one point in Gothic is to start a hero with zero experience.

Just some more thoughts. The whole Sleeper and Irdorath thing is caused by Xardas. So, who knows whether the entire human-orc war is also another conspiracy caused by Xardas himself? What happens if both humans and orcs know about the conspiracy? Will they join together and fight against Xardas? Will the hero become their leader?

One more thing. We still don't know the hero's identity yet. Who is he? Messiah of Innos? King Rhobar's only heir?
Post Fri Jun 27, 2003 2:49 am

Goto page 1, 2  Next